Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

[ATTACH]326145[/ATTACH] Found on Twitter- could this be another "more to come" on the deck plans?

I guess so! They really need to just completely reveal the ship... C'mon Royal, is it that hard to announce a few venues on your brand new ship??

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I guess so! They really need to just completely reveal the ship... C'mon Royal, is it that hard to announce a few venues on your brand new ship??

I really dont understand their new strategy of being so secretive and I dont think it helps generate more demand IMO. Wish they would be more like NCL when it comes to ship information release. They announce a new build, announce the name, tell people the home port and some of the key futures that the ship will have. That creates excitement for those who like the product and results in bookings. Most of us remember how exciting it was to get updates during the Oasis build phase. Thanks to CC we have learned a lot and got sneak peaks of what Quantum really looked like via the many photos posted vs the renderings.

The question: is it low quality paint or a hull design failure that the anchors scratch the surface? And since we can't change on Anthem, it needs to be changed on Ovation ;)

I'm gonna say neither. They probably know that this area is going to get scuffed by the anchor. They will probably just paint this area when needed. If you think about it, how often will Quantum drop her Anchor? Not very often.

I really dont understand their new strategy of being so secretive and I dont think it helps generate more demand IMO. Wish they would be more like NCL when it comes to ship information release. They announce a new build, announce the name, tell people the home port and some of the key futures that the ship will have. That creates excitement for those who like the product and results in bookings. Most of us remember how exciting it was to get updates during the Oasis build phase. Thanks to CC we have learned a lot and got sneak peaks of what Quantum really looked like via the many photos posted vs the renderings.

Agreed. It's really puzzling.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Anytime I have been in grand cayman they have never used the anchor ! They let the propulsion units hold the ship in place

Sorry to disagree...

But having just been there a few months ago....I suspect this photo I took from the shore of Independence of the Seas will support the fact that they DO anchor the ships in Grand Cayman.

032514_Georgetown_Grand_Cayman_2G_INDY_Tethered.jpg

Sorry to disagree...

But having just been there a few months ago....I suspect this photo I took from the shore of Independence of the Seas will support the fact that they DO anchor the ships in Grand Cayman.

Doh! He showed you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to disagree...

I am not 100% sure but if I recall right Grand Cayman has designated areas whereby cruise ships can drop anchor and other areas that they cannot. When several cruise ships are in port it is possible some may be in the no drop anchor zone (usually late arrivals). Last month Carnival Magic dropped anchor (by accident. Pilot or Catain error not sure as different theories have been mentioned) in a no drop zone due to coral reefs.

Sorry folks if this is slightly off topic, but still part of the learning experience here and info sharing.

Sorry to disagree...

You can disagree all you want, I stated my specific experiences. No I don't have pics to prove it either

[ATTACH]326306[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]326307[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]326308[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]326309[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]326310[/ATTACH] Looks like there will be a giant "Q" on the roof of 270!

Wonder how that will look. It's a wide open area so it makes sense to use it to show the ships name. It could easily go bad though and look tacky there. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Wonder if this was a decision that came from the executive office after the conveyance. We know Oasis had a few cosmetic (and some even larger) changes after her delivery when Royal and the crew got a look at her in completed form.