Why call it a Junior 'SUITE'?

Let’s recap the wit and proposed names expressed so far…

Almost A Suite

Suite Envy

Home Suite Home

Pseudo Suite

Not Really A Suite

No Perks Suite

Bitter Suite

Suite and Sour

Senior Cabins

not so sweet suite

Suite Wannabe

Almost a Sweet Suite

SUITE BABY

the clue is in the title. It's called "junior" because it hasn't quite grown up into a proper one yet although it clearly has some of the adult attributes.

One day, I just might reserve the "Teeny Tiny Treat Suite".

Sorry you misunderstood...the key word here was "venues" you can wear whatever you want or nothing at all when eating in your suite/cabin..but no bathrobes allowed in the dining "venues" ;)

I caught that... I was trying to imply that suite guests could wear their robes to MDR as one of their other perks :D. But I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere.

People have reported finding used kleenex in the pockets of the robes. You be the Judge.

Ewwww!!!!:eek: I wear mine, but do look to make sure it's clean before I do. And only to and from my massage so the oil doesnt get on my clothes. On another line I could tell it wasn't new, it had makeup on the collar. On our last day I always toss them into the pile of wet towels, so I know the next guest will get clean ones.

Ewwww!!!!:eek: I wear mine, but do look to make sure it's clean before I do. And only to and from my massage so the oil doesnt get on my clothes. On another line I could tell it wasn't new, it had makeup on the collar. On our last day I always toss them into the pile of wet towels, so I know the next guest will get clean ones.

Maybe we should be considerate cruisers and do that to make sure it will get washed. :)

I was upgraded to a "Junior Suite" on Brilliance last Aug. It was nice! It was roomie! The robes were nice! The bathtub was nice! The lounger on the balcony was nice! The walk in closet was nice! Would I pay for that? Not on your life! Until they give me all the suite perks I'll stick with my Superior Balcony rooms!

Elvis

Did I mention that it was right underneath the Windjammer? Couldn't sleep any later than 4:30 AM! I also caught a case of noro! However, if you're going to be sick you might as well be sick in a Junior Suite!!!

Elvis

The cruise lines use the word "suite" incorrectly MOST of the time. A suite isn't just a larger, nicer room; rather, a suite is a series of connected rooms with a shared purpose. Yes, advertisers have chosen to twist the word, but that doesn't make it a correct usage. Thus, most staterooms that're sold as "suites" aren't suites at all -- just larger rooms.

To go back to the question posed by the original poster, WHY do they call it a Junior Suite? Simple: The name implies greater space, greater prestige and more luxury. The name allows them to charge more money.

So we were just upgraded to a junior suite. I understand its a bigger room. Do we still get double cruise points since it was an upgrade?

Are there any other benefits?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you paid for the upgrade you get the double points. If the upgrade was complimentary you don't get the double points.

So we were just upgraded to a junior suite. I understand its a bigger room. Do we still get double cruise points since it was an upgrade?

If its a free upgrade, you do not get double points. You do get priority boarding and a robe to use.

LOVED our JS on Oasis!! We had priority boarding, CLEAN robes, lots of space and a great walk in closet! One other "perk"' if you have my time dining, and a "suite", is that you can skip to the front of the line at dinner. We never did it...but nice to know we could of, if we were in a hurry for a show or something. The person working the reservation desk mentioned this to me one night...I never saw this printed anywhere. I don't care what a JS is called-I would love to have another!! :) enjoy your cruise

Not to derail the conversation, but when we were planning to book our first cruise a month or so ago, I was prepared to book an OS because I wanted as much space as I could afford - it was only after the kind folks here at CC pointed out that a GS has the same perks at a much lower cost, so that is what I booked (although, if the OS rate continues to fall, I may still upgrade :D).

You would think that there would/should be some additional perks as you move up the food chain, from JS, GS, OS, to RS besides just a bit more space. Nothing huge, but something.

It is not much but something we always get with the Royal Suite and I'm sure others do also. The concierge always calls about 10-14 days before boarding to ask if we have any special requests and tells about who is expected to meet to pre-board our party for the 30-45 minute ships tour.

During the tour we are introduced to various department heads who give their business card and the standard call us if you need anything. The head of hotel operations or housekeeping always meet the officer or concierge with us at the suite to introduce the cabin steward for the sailing and always tell us he/she is their very best " and we have never disagreed with that brag at the end of the cruise".

All cruise lines we have sailed do these kinds of things and more for their top one or two suites. Even Carnival tries too make those in their Pent house suites on the Fantasy class feel special. At lease they used to.

It is not much but something we always get with the Royal Suite and I'm sure others do also. The concierge always calls about 10-14 days before boarding to ask if we have any special requests and tells about who is expected to meet to pre-board our party for the 30-45 minute ships tour.

During the tour we are introduced to various department heads who give their business card and the standard call us if you need anything. The head of hotel operations or housekeeping always meet the officer or concierge with us at the suite to introduce the cabin steward for the sailing and always tell us he/she is their very best " and we have never disagreed with that brag at the end of the cruise".

All cruise lines we have sailed do these kinds of things and more for their top one or two suites. Even Carnival tries too make those in their Pent house suites on the Fantasy class feel special. At lease they used to.

Yeah, that's not a perk that came with the GS. :)

It seems the people with the fewest posts are the ones who get on here and complain. Or is that just my opinion??

People should not judge others, that is not our job!

The above was posted several years ago by one of our members. Thought it made good sense then, still do today.

Wish I could remember which poster it was.

Yeah, that's not a perk that came with the GS. :)

That's a nice perk, just one that we are unwilling to pay for. As others have said, I like my JS and don't really care what you call it. Would I take an upgrade to the RS, duh! Would I take one to a GS, maybe not. Even offered my GS once as a switch if I could have the same JS as the previous week. Sadly, I was turned down. You know what they say, location, location, location.

No, you don't get the double points bonus. It was an upgrade.

Elvis

Me 2. We have JS1100 on Serenade in October. I got this for the balcony and the double points. Couldn't care less about the rest, especially the bath. Have one at home and never use it.

Would the Op like the wording changed to a Mini Suite like other lines.

We have 1100 reserved for our anniversary next summer on the Radiance. Nice balcony!

In my opinion (and we know what that's worth), junior suite is an appropriate description. It's the little sister to all the bigger suites.

Archived