Cruising Etiquette.......is there anything I shouldn't do?

If you have a balcony don't peek around the divider:eek:

So true - On the flip side, be aware that balconies are not entirely private. Smoke and noise tend to carry, so be considerate of your neighbors especially if entertaining late in the evening. In addition to your neighbors, there are security cameras that cover the sides of the ship, so if you opt to sunbathe nude or join the "balcony club", keep in mind you may be seen by more than just the folks on the next balcony.:eek:

Make sure at dinner or in the windjammer you talk very loudly about your cruise history and Crown & Anchor status.

No no no, that belongs in the CL lounge where it is required that you try to impress others with your status. If you happen to be there because you are in a suite and don't have any C&A status, then you must talk about how rich you are.

I don't mean rules......no shorts etc. but are there any specific RCI cruising etiquette gaffes I should avoid??

The very fact that you are asking shows you are thoughtful and polite. Just be yourself. :)

No no no, that belongs in the CL lounge where it is required that you try to impress others with your status. If you happen to be there because you are in a suite and don't have any C&A status, then you must talk about how rich you are.

You mean I should have said I was Diamond and in the RLS. Now I know the rules I will have to do that next month.:p

Actually we will just be the quiet guests, as always.

Two SERIOUS things have not yet been mentioned (for general consideration, not aimed at the OP):

1. Wash your hands after using the bathroom!

2. Please don't refill your water bottle straight from the public spigot.

Kathy

Two SERIOUS things have not yet been mentioned (for general consideration, not aimed at the OP):

1. Wash your hands after using the bathroom!

2. Please don't refill your water bottle straight from the public spigot.

Kathy

Quite!!

Teddie

The very fact that you are asking shows you are thoughtful and polite. Just be yourself. :)

Best answer yet.

Still, I learned many things from this thread.

Farting in the elevator is fine, as long as you loudly proclaim that you did so.

When peeking around the balcony divider, go around the edge, not over the top.

Sunscreen that you see is for anyone's use. Enjoy.

No one else matters, so feel free to stop suddenly or clump together on stairs and well-trafficked areas.

When you come back, start a thread about smoking, tipping, and dress codes. They seem to be very popular.

Complain about kids on a cruise line catering to active adults. Compare everything unfavorably to HAL.

Use your hands at the Windjammer. It's faster. Avoid the Purell and claim that you just washed your hands thoroughly (but we all know ain't nobody got time for that).

The best place to be drunk is the pool (never have to get up to go pee...bonus). The best place to be nude is your balcony.

Push in and out of elevators. It's expected and encouraged.

When taking pictures, take a lot of them. No one minds waiting for you.

When at the salad bar, point at the lettuce and yell, "iceburg!" That never gets old. Do it every day.

Press all the buttons on the elevator. It's fun and they're pretty when they're lit up.

Leave your balcony light on. It helps the fish see at night.

Oh and this one. If someone asks you whether your diamonds are real? Say " no, absolutely nit. The real ones are in a safe in a bank in Switzerland or Bermuda".

I live this thread. Glad I'm going on the New Years cruise on the Explorer in December. Hope to see some of you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Please let people in wheelchairs into the elevator first. I broke my ankle two years ago and was on the ship in a wheelchair...Sometimes I would wait for six elevators before I got in. People would go in front of me and fill it up. No consideration at all.

Please let people in wheelchairs into the elevator first. I broke my ankle two years ago and was on the ship in a wheelchair...Sometimes I would wait for six elevators before I got in. People would go in front of me and fill it up. No consideration at all.

On the flip side..........we have stood at elevator and seen doors opening that were packed and could not get on for a few turns.

Then here comes around the corner a wheelchair/scooter that as soon as the next elevator opens they seem to think it is there's. No matter we have been standing there waiting to get on.:eek: Sorry you broke your ankle, but you are not standing there waiting. I know you would rather be standing, but you are not. Just because you are in a wheelchair does not mean you do not have to wait like the rest of us.

Please don't let your cabin door slam shut the entire week. We had that last year and by week's end I was ready to throttle our "neighbors."

Please don't leave your television on at full volume when you leave your cabin for hours. Yes, the same neighbors that let the cabin door shut freely also left their tv on loudly during the day and in the evenings. Ugh!

I have had worse practical jokes played on me , and managed to laugh through it. I had to. Usually they were pretty good paybacks for things on played on them.

A prank among friends is funny.

A stranger throwing soda at someone... Not funny.

Don't talk so loudly that everyone gets to hear your business--whether on your balcony, by the pool, or in any public area.

Control your kids; control yourself.

Don't hog anything: seats, sunchairs, or potential "freebies" of any sort.

Treat the staff, and each other, with dignity and respect.

That's it. Have fun!

Teddie

This is excellent advice! Otherwise, relax and have a great time!

Just use common sense and you should be fine. If you don't need the elevator for a trip, take the stairs so others can have a shorter wait. Follow basic food safety at the buffet...don't touch food with your hands....don't reuse dirty plates, etc.

Please don't let your cabin door slam shut the entire week. We had that last year and by week's end I was ready to throttle our "neighbors."

Please don't leave your television on at full volume when you leave your cabin for hours. Yes, the same neighbors that let the cabin door shut freely also left their tv on loudly during the day and in the evenings. Ugh!

You should have just crawled over their balcony and gone in and shut off their tv. I'm pretty sure that they would not have left it on to irritate you.

Best answer yet.

Still, I learned many things from this thread.

Farting in the elevator is fine, as long as you loudly proclaim that you did so.

When peeking around the balcony divider, go around the edge, not over the top.

Sunscreen that you see is for anyone's use. Enjoy.

No one else matters, so feel free to stop suddenly or clump together on stairs and well-trafficked areas.

When you come back, start a thread about smoking, tipping, and dress codes. They seem to be very popular.

Complain about kids on a cruise line catering to active adults. Compare everything unfavorably to HAL.

Use your hands at the Windjammer. It's faster. Avoid the Purell and claim that you just washed your hands thoroughly (but we all know ain't nobody got time for that).

The best place to be drunk is the pool (never have to get up to go pee...bonus). The best place to be nude is your balcony.

Push in and out of elevators. It's expected and encouraged.

When taking pictures, take a lot of them. No one minds waiting for you.

When at the salad bar, point at the lettuce and yell, "iceburg!" That never gets old. Do it every day.

Press all the buttons on the elevator. It's fun and they're pretty when they're lit up.

Leave your balcony light on. It helps the fish see at night.

Like, like and way like! Where the h##l is that like button?

Don't do "it" in the hot tub. "It" meaning the act that could make a baby! And, when the Security Guard says, time to get out - that means "stop it jerks"

I wish I were making this up, but sadly it is true. I could not believe what I was watching.

Archived