Cruising Etiquette.......is there anything I shouldn't do?

When sharing a table in the MDR, it is a nice gesture to let your tablemates know when you will not be joining them (ie are dining in a speciality restaurant the next evening) so they know not to wait for you to arrive before ordering their dinners.

Hoppy

do not bring:

walkie-talkies

kids under 18 years old

cigars

speed-o

short shorts that say "sweet" on the butt

anything else annoying to us senior citizens

Agree on leaving walkie-talkies, cigars, speedo and "sweet" shorts at home. But I would add, senior citizens to the list. ;)

I'm joking of course and can only assume you were too on your "kids under 18 years old" above. If you're looking for no one under 18 on your cruise, Royal Caribbean may not be the best fit.

And while you are running yell WAIT!!!!!! and STOP!!!!!!! That adds a lot to the entertainment.

OH, and take off your shirt as you are running and at the last minute fall down three stairs and go splat. Lay there until the crew comes and picks you up and drags you up the gang plank. Oh wait, that was Ensenada and Royal doesn't go there anymore. Knew that there was some reason that sail away isn't as much fun anymore.

As a parent of 2 kids - whenever cruising with the kids we try and make sure of the following:

- the kids don't scream in the hallways or their room (or anywhere really)

-the kids don't run up and down the hallway

-the kids stay in their seats in MDR

-We don't let the kids put a towel on a chair at the pool when they're going to swim the whole time. Someone can use that chair better than their towel can.

Bless you! You need to give parent training classes to the parents who are not as attentive.

If your not in bed by 11pm.....go back to your own cabin and call it a night :)

What is wrong with being up past 11PM? We don't normally go to bed until 12-1AM at home. There are venues that are open that late.

If you are going to the show with your whole family, please go together. It's also against the rules to save seats in the theater.

I can't tell you how many times some jerk insists on saving the best seats in the house for an imaginary group of thirty and then no one shows up at all.

...also, please don't come into the MDR for dinner in cutoff's, a tank top, ball cap and flip flops even though the suggested dress is smart casual or formal.

I don't care if it is someone's vacation and they believe they are entitled to wear what they want. It is offensive to the rest of us who were raised in homes where one comes to the table looking civilized.

If you don't wish to dress appropriately, choose a venue for dining other than the MDR.

What is wrong with being up past 11PM? We don't normally go to bed until 12-1AM at home. There are venues that are open that late.

Awwwww. See there are still some nice people out there!!!! Maha. You stay up as long as you like.......baby her....don't try it on with Maha......

So walkie talkies are a bad idea? We are taking our son and his girlfriend on their first cruise in August. We had joked about taking a couple of walkie talkies but in the back of my mind I was thinking "not a bad idea". But it sounds like they are frowned upon.

OH, and take off your shirt as you are running and at the last minute fall down three stairs and go splat. Lay there until the crew comes and picks you up and drags you up the gang plank. Oh wait, that was Ensenada and Royal doesn't go there anymore. Knew that there was some reason that sail away isn't as much fun anymore.

I don't know , I have seen some pretty good ones in Cozumel.

I have been a 9-1-1 dispatcher for going on 30 years so I have heard my share of desperate screaming. And I can say there have been some performances worthy of Miss Meryl Streep after a day at Carlos and Charlies or Senor Frogs. :)

Yah I agree. Late nighters, go up top side or to a lounge and play cards or whatever there so the early tour people can sleep. Party as long as you like, but not loud in the cabins or hallways.

We have a tradition! After we are in the Legends show (CCLs anyway), we go up to the lido and get frozen yogurt and hotdogs or pizza as a last "anytime you wanna eat at night before your trip is over" party before debarkation the next morning.

Good times.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Two things I suggest not doing.

One

Do not at kick the back of the seat of the person in front of you at the shows if their camera flash is shut off. Actually best not to kick it at all, as the person might not be as nice as me.

Some old cow did that to me on Allure during "Blue Planet". I turned right around and stated in a very terse and raised voice "Mam, do not kick my seat, my flash is off".

Meanwhile prior to the start of the show you could over hear her saying that she was seat saving for 2 other friends that never showed up. If it was her husband I suspect he was off drinking.;) She also proceeded to talk loudly enough through the majority of the show that we could hear her.

Of yes, and I forgot to mention we were 5 rows from the back in the top level of the balcony. Others cruisers that were five rows from the front of the stage were using their flashes, running video and not being policed by security.

"Best" part was the old fart left before the end of the show, disrupting the people in her row, and eluding the polite verbal tongue lashing I was ready to give her. Mind out of the gutter folks.

Two

Before you apply sunscreen on the pool deck, make sure that you are grabbing your own sunscreen. We had someone grab our tube and take a big squirt. We were more awe struck, but didn't say anything.

I would rather have someone be protected, than burned. He also might have thought that it was his, or had one to many to realize it wasn't.:p

So walkie talkies are a bad idea? We are taking our son and his girlfriend on their first cruise in August. We had joked about taking a couple of walkie talkies but in the back of my mind I was thinking "not a bad idea". But it sounds like they are frowned upon.

yes because a young guy and his girfriend want one of those things to accidentally get turned on and the wrong moment so his parents can "hear" *LOL*

do not bring:

walkie-talkies

kids under 18 years old

cigars

speed-o

short shorts that say "sweet" on the butt

anything else annoying to us senior citizens

Who are you kidding? Those speedos and short shorts are the only thing that keep some of you seniors coming back for more. :D:eek::)

IMO it's not that they're a bad idea it's that they don't work well even with some of the better ones we tried. Also many people will be sharing the same channels with you. And remember nothing you say on them is remotely private. That was our experience anyway.

Don't talk so loudly that everyone gets to hear your business--whether on your balcony, by the pool, or in any public area.

Control your kids; control yourself.

Don't hog anything: seats, sunchairs, or potential "freebies" of any sort.

Treat the staff, and each other, with dignity and respect.

That's it. Have fun!

Teddie

Archived