Cruising Etiquette.......is there anything I shouldn't do?

Don't do the Redneck hand wash at the dinner table. The Redneck hand wash is defined as reaching into your glass of ice water, pulling out a few ice cubes and rolling them around between your hands.....lol

There are two things that really irritate me: people who eat as they go while getting food in the buffet line and people who stop to have a conversation at the foot of the stairs or getting off the elevator. Otherwise, I am a pretty easy going person!:D

Sherri:)

Do not be, "that sloppy drunk".:(

Do not be, "that nosy sleazebag peeking into my Balcony". :mad:

Do not hold chairs for others indefinitely. You will piss off a bunch of people that are, if anything like me, move your stuff the first chance they get, and leave you with NO chairs. :p

Do use common sense. :)

Have a great cruise :D

ICEBERG :)

As you can see, cruisers are a cool and funny bunch, so my advice is go with a open mind, but more importantly enjoy yourself and make lots of new friends

Yes I can see where the threat of an Iceberg in the middle of the Carribbean would really rattle some people *LOL* :)

Mostly what others have said before me;

Manners will get you a long way.

All though: If someone were to yell "Fire in the hole!" before letting go of a gas cloud and jumping off the elevator might have made me crack up in laughter as opposed to being angry... I still wouldn't recommend it though :)

Don't do the Redneck hand wash at the dinner table. The Redneck hand wash is defined as reaching into your glass of ice water, pulling out a few ice cubes and rolling them around between your hands.....lol

Sorry I did not know, I wont do it anymore

All though: If someone were to yell "Fire in the hole!" before letting go of a gas cloud and jumping off the elevator might have made me crack up in laughter as opposed to being angry... I still wouldn't recommend it though :)

Has someone let off some Gas, while reading the thread........

Although, I do have a serious point, treat your serving staff with the praise that they deserve, they work very hard and go a long way to making your cruise and enjoyable one

if you are waiting for an elevator do not hold the up/down button the elevator will not move!!! seen this a couple of times being done and it irks me on land as well as on ship, but more so on ship when trying to get a meal. you will just delay any other cars getting to that lobby. if the button is lit up no need to press again the machine knows there was a call for that floor/deck.

A few years back there was some prank among the teenagers called "Fire in the Hole" .

Supposedly you order a large soda at the counter of a fast food place. Then you go around to the drive through and place an order . When you get to the window to pay for the order and the cashier opens the window You yell "FIRE IN THE HOLE" and throw the soda through the window at the cashier and speed away.

Some of the kids who pulled this prank on unsuspecting fast food employees actually filmed themselves and put it on You Tube.

The first time I saw it I died laughing......but i still don't recommend doing it :)

As a parent of 2 kids - whenever cruising with the kids we try and make sure of the following:

- the kids don't scream in the hallways or their room (or anywhere really)

-the kids don't run up and down the hallway

-the kids stay in their seats in MDR

-We don't let the kids put a towel on a chair at the pool when they're going to swim the whole time. Someone can use that chair better than their towel can.

A few years back there was some prank among the teenagers called "Fire in the Hole" .

Supposedly you order a large soda at the counter of a fast food place. Then you go around to the drive through and place an order . When you get to the window to pay for the order and the cashier opens the window You yell "FIRE IN THE HOLE" and throw the soda through the window at the cashier and speed away.

Some of the kids who pulled this prank on unsuspecting fast food employees actually filmed themselves and put it on You Tube.

The first time I saw it I died laughing......but i still don't recommend doing it :)

I don't find this "prank" even remotely funny. All I can think about is the poor minimum wage worker drenched in soda and having to work through it.

I guess this post answers the question someone asked earlier about why no one under 18?

Sorry I did not know, I wont do it anymore

:D Funny, Brett!

Hopefully, you've also quit changing the "Privacy Please" to "Please Clean Cabin" ... and that you certainly no longer change the breakfast order & time. Few want prune juice a 5 AM. :D

LuLu

~~~~

I don't find this "prank" even remotely funny. All I can think about is the poor minimum wage worker drenched in soda and having to work through it.

I guess this post answers the question someone asked earlier about why no one under 18?

I have had worse practical jokes played on me , and managed to laugh through it. I had to. Usually they were pretty good paybacks for things on played on them.

I don't mean rules......no shorts etc. but are there any specific RCI cruising etiquette gaffes I should avoid??

Don't ask the hospitality staff how tips are allocated and on your return start a CC thread about tipping injustices :D

As a parent of 2 kids - whenever cruising with the kids we try and make sure of the following:

- the kids don't scream in the hallways or their room (or anywhere really)

-the kids don't run up and down the hallway

-the kids stay in their seats in MDR

-We don't let the kids put a towel on a chair at the pool when they're going to swim the whole time. Someone can use that chair better than their towel can.

I agree. We have RARELY ever had a chair at a pool on a cruise ship. We don't expect it. The few times that we have been lucky- we only used it for the time we were actually AT the pool......what a concept.

Chair hogging is my #1 pet peeve on cruise ships or on land resorts (happens at some of those too). It is so rude and inconsiderate. Seems like many chairs go hogged (empty) for HOURSSSS....every day. :rolleyes:

Archived