Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

Last nite was Venetian Society party. We have over 150 Venetian members on this voyage, about a dozen with over 300 days, highest was a couple from Hawaii with over 900 days. 1st pix of receiving line, 2ndPix below shows from LtoR, Gianni, Judie and Carl.

iceshetlatepm007_zpsdecd5fe3.jpg

iceshetlatepm002_zps27000110.jpg[/

We enjoyed before dinner cocktails with TxLadyCruiser (Karen/Wayne) in the main bar after the Venetian party. Pix of us below (LtoR, Ida, Karen seated, Wes & Wayne standing)

iceshetlatepm009_zps12fbcf84.jpg

Special note to Wellseasoned (at the Venetian Dinner) we enjoyed (background is Txladycruiser smiling) a delicious Syrah (Relentless) that our Head Sommelier, Mike found. He has located three more we may enjoy later during the cruise. Dieter, we are having dinner with Mrya tonight in La Terraza (was hot rocks—but today in the Torshavn, Faroe Islands, it is 50F with 16 mph winds) thus, we need to keep Ida Warm as she recovers from the crud.

iceshetlatepm010_zpsb4a33d72.jpg

Welcome to Torshavn, Faroe Islands (Denmark). Pix below are of our sail in this morning about 6:45 a.m., Temps about 50F/10C, winds about 16mph.

icetoram010_zps4a39c13e.jpg

icetoram011_zpsa7ec13c6.jpg

Cloud Crew Profile (CCP):

The Chief Electrician on board the Cloud is Milo. (answer to yesterday’s CCP profile question posted earlier)

Today meet Edgar Martinez, responsibilities include raising the flags aft at each port. Edgar has been with Silversea for 16 years, he started with Cloud. Edgar hails from the Philippines, is married and has three children (including a set of twins) What he likes most about working for Silversea, “the best ship, best crew—they treat you like family.”

icetoram013_zpsd2f264bc.jpg]

txladycruiser and Wes,

Your posts are making us homesick; this Northern Atlantic route is a great one! We still have to wait a full year and then some before rejoining the Cloud... At least we'll have the Explorer cruise in 3 months to tide us over!

The blog has inspired me to sign up for a travelpod account. Might try a practice one, for the River Cruise that wasn't (last month's trip).

Travelpod looks like a nice, free travel blogging site - once you sign up for an account, you can input your trip dates, enter the city where you are each day, and it creates a series of journal entries for each day of the trip. In each journal entry, you can then write a narrative log and upload pictures to create a blog entry for each stop. It looks very nice; I got the site from reading txladycruiser's blog; she uses it. Her blog looks very polished (and the content is very nice, too), so figured I'd try it.

I have to get the darn "s" key fixed on my laptop... It's getting annoying to keep an "s" copied on my windows clipboard, and having to paste it everywhere I need one... If I missed any of them, please forgive!

All, the internet speed available on the Silversea Cloud is absolutely the slowest we've experienced at sea in 15 cruises.. We regularly lose 30-60 minutes a day of our internet package waiting for pix to load.

Apologize for not answering your replies individually, prefer to recognize each of you by CC name--but with Cloud internet speed--just not possible. Will attempt to answer most of you ? tomorrow (our first sea day in four days). In the meantime, thanks for your patience, hoping you enjoy the pix we post.

This afternoon we experienced a visual feast on a ship’s excursion to Vestmanna Cliffs in the Faroe Islands. We enjoyed viewing many waterfalls as they cascaded from cragged, mountains into still waters. WE then boarded our boat and took a trip to the north to see dramatic cliffs, with sheep grazing on their steep mountain sides. Pls enjoy these pix:

icefaroecliffs007_zpsb0e701f1.jpg

icefaroecliffs056_zps729c9440.jpg

icefaroecliffs009_zps423e2c5f.jpg

icefaroecliffs016_zps938a84c6.jpg

icefaroecliffs026_zps866f4afd.jpg

icefaroecliffs065_zps045b479c.jpg

I have to get the darn "s" key fixed on my laptop... It's getting annoying to keep an "s" copied on my windows clipboard, and having to paste it everywhere I need one... If I missed any of them, please forgive!

There iS an eaSy Solution to thiS problem - just uSe wordS without "S" in them :D

Your photos are beautiful. You did the excursion we should have picked. We did the city tour--not much and we left after a while and walked on our own. Looks like the weather was good, if a bit cool. Hope Ida feels better soon.

Really enjoying photos and posts. I am wondering if anyone has emailed someone on the ship to see if they can get a comment from Silversea officers regarding the failing grade the Silver Shadow received on it's Center for Disease Control (CDC) Sanitation inspection. This is a very hot topic at the moment on the SS board.

Wes, the slow internet speed may be a function of your northerly latitude, rather than the Cloud. It may get even slower...:eek:

Best of luck!

Loving the pics of the Vestmanna Cliffs. RachelG, you are right, it was a great excursion, did it a few years ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Really enjoying photos and posts. I am wondering if anyone has emailed someone on the ship to see if they can get a comment from Silversea officers regarding the failing grade the Silver Shadow received on it's Center for Disease Control (CDC) Sanitation inspection. This is a very hot topic at the moment on the SS board.

If I were on SS cruise right now, the last thing I would do is ask about problems on another ship. All I would want go do is enjoy my cruise and my time, and read about the rest when i got home.

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner with intuitive service in La Terraza last night. We invited the Cloud’s Head Bartender, Myra, she joined TxLadyCruise/Karen & Wayne, and us for delicious Italian cuisine and tons of laughs. Pix last below.

LtoR; Standing--Mrya, Executive Chef Edgar, Wes and Ida; Seated; Wayne and Karen.

icefaroepm002_zps214a2690.jpg

This pix taken after dinner with our exceptional waiter, Rudy. Pls see:

icefaroepm005_zps6411289c.jpg

Today, Karen and Ida have organized an Indian dinner with Jorge (Restaurant Manager) for tonight in the Main Dining Room. We will have five couples attending; Farbster/Lawrence & Tacey, Brenmoit/Brenda & Amy, us and another couple Jorge invited. Lawrence and I have given our AMX cruise bennie Dom to Jorge to chill for tonight’s early Indian courses. Lawrence also has coordinated the beer (Leffe (sp?) for most of our spicy course. Jorge also said to expect a surprise desert tonight.

If I were on SS cruise right now, the last thing I would do is ask about problems on another ship. All I would want go do is enjoy my cruise and my time, and read about the rest when i got home.

I agree with you 1000%.

A cruise is to enjoy!

Keith

Thanks for the kudos on the blog. I'm always feeling rushed while on the internet since it isn't free like it is on Regent so not really responding to posts. We do appreciate your taking the time to read the blog.

Anyway, here's our latest blog entry:

http://www.travelpod.com/z/thewrens/5/1374512352

Karen & Wayne

Thanks for the kudos on the blog. I'm always feeling rushed while on the internet since it isn't free like it is on Regent so not really responding to posts. We do appreciate your taking the time to read the blog.

Anyway, here's our latest blog entry:

http://www.travelpod.com/z/thewrens/5/1374512352

Karen & Wayne

Enjoying your blog and your photos and those of Wes and Ida too. Wonderful to see the ports I visited in 2010. Elsie

Although a visit to crew quarters might make for an interesting find of food being stored.:rolleyes:

Archived