Favorite Food on princess.

josephml1

What is Fettuccini Alfredo?? please.:o

It's a type of noodle with a white sauce.

Ingredients

1 pound dried fettucine

6 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 shallot, minced

1 cup heavy cream

1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Fresh parsley, for garnish, optional

Directions

Cook the fettucine in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.

While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute until tender. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.

Return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in, set over medium-high heat along with the reserved cooking liquid. Add the butter-cream mixture and half of the Parmesan and toss to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.

• Like 1

Just reading of all these foods that everyone likes, almost makes me hungry.:)

I may have read it before, but I will ask again. When pork chops were mentioned, it said in the "Crown Grill." Is that a PAYING restaurant?

Someone mentioned the black/blue onion soup. Does it have black/blue onions in it, or what? What does it taste like? I love onion soup.

I may have read it before, but I will ask again. When pork chops were mentioned, it said in the "Crown Grill." Is that a PAYING restaurant?

Someone mentioned the black/blue onion soup. Does it have black/blue onions in it, or what? What does it taste like? I love onion soup.

Black and blue onion soup is made using Bleu cheese and yes, Crown Grill is a paying restaurant.

I am having trouble deciding my favourite. So here are a few

Fettucini Alfredo in Parmesan bowl

cold pina colada soup

all bread, rolls, pastries,

French toast with cornflake crust

black and blue onion soup

Cover charge is $25 a person at the Crown Grill. Other "chops" they feature are beef T-Bones and Porterhouse.

As Pia said, the "blue" in the Black and Blue French Onion Soup is bleu cheese. The "black" is Johnnie Walker Black Label. It tastes like very good onion soup!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Okay guys and seriously I have to say this - I LOVE the pool grill!

Honestly, I love the hot dogs. I can't get over how good they are.

Doesn't really fit in with the other items I mentioned, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

I like the pool grill as well. I've read posts where people think it is awful. Not me. I have enjoyed hot dogs and hamburgers there. I don't typically eat hot dogs or hamburgers in my every day life but I always get at least one or the other on a cruise. Add french fries from the grill and a Dr. Pepper that I bring onboard and it is one lunch day that I thoroughly enjoy and don't feel guilty about!:)

I am having trouble deciding my favourite. So here are a few

Fettucini Alfredo in Parmesan bowl

cold pina colada soup

all bread, rolls, pastries,

French toast with cornflake crust

black and blue onion soup

I've never had the French toast with cornflake crust, but it sounds yummy! Where did you find it?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've never had the French toast with cornflake crust, but it sounds yummy! Where did you find it?

They serve it in the MDR - sometimes on select mornings during the cruise or brunch/lunch menu...but it has always been available for disembarkation mornings that we have cruised.

p.s. good to see another Charleston Princess fan ;):D

Edited by TLC535

They serve it in the MDR - sometimes on select mornings during the cruise or brunch/lunch menu...but it has always been available for disembarkation mornings that we have cruised.

p.s. good to see another Charleston Princess fan ;):D

Thanks for the info! :)

There's a ton of us from Charleston on our Royal roll call...I think we're taking over!! Lol!!

You got lucky. Depends on ship and also who's on duty. Most of the time they will not fill your glass/cup/mug/soup bowl; they say it's not sanitary. And when you think about it; it's not.

If they had turned me down I would have just gotten cones and turned them over into the glasses. I was prepared for that possibility.

• 5 years later...
On 7/29/2013 at 6:40 PM, lovevacadays said:

I like the pool grill as well. I've read posts where people think it is awful. Not me. I have enjoyed hot dogs and hamburgers there. I don't typically eat hot dogs or hamburgers in my every day life but I always get at least one or the other on a cruise. Add french fries from the grill and a Dr. Pepper that I bring onboard and it is one lunch day that I thoroughly enjoy and don't feel guilty about!:)

The burgers were worse than McDonalds on recent Grand Cruise. The texture of the meat was strange. Also tried one in the dining room and did not like it even though it came medium rare the texture tasted grissoy. I have liked them before so it might have been a one time thing. 

Here is Princess's recipe for fettuccine alfredo (at least it is saved in my book that way, not sure how long I have had it there):

1 lb egg noodles
1 cup heavy cream
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

Cook pasta, drain and set aside.

Boil ¾ cup of cream, remove from heat.

Combine yolks with the rest of the cream.

Add ¼ cup of the boiled cream, stir, then combine with the rest of the cream.

Add the grated parmesan, adjust seasonings.

Pour over pasta. Serve.

Lacey Parmesan baskets. In non-stick omelet pan over medium heat, sprinkle ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Cook till golden. Flip and then place over a bowl while hot to shape dome.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

Last week in that fabulous glass enclosed desert station at the rear of the buffet  (with all of the other desserts) on the Coral Princess.

Edited by JRG

1 hour ago, JRG said:

Grandma's Chocolate Cake.........its all about the frosting.

I'm not a desert kinda guy, but when I saw that cake ... SHAZAAM!   three layer thick creamy frosting, soft pillowy cake oh man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRG said:

Grandma's Chocolate Cake.........its all about the frosting.

2 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Where did you find this?

2 hours ago, JRG said:

Last week in that fabulous glass enclosed desert station at the rear of the buffet  (with all of the other desserts) on the Coral Princess.

I've also enjoyed this on Ruby Princess from the Horizon Court dessert section, on at least two days of a 7-day sailing (12/29/2018 New Year's Mexican Riviera).

Edited by RSS from SF