Elite Coupons:$129.95

Orator

Wow - I think I'm going to find that auction and see if it sells at that price!!!

Anyone want to buys some coupons from me for a Free Acupunture Welless Assessment or a 10% discount on a spa treatment when the ship is in port or one of the other "valuable" offers?

(EDIT: Moderators - I'm just joking about selling these worthless coupons - don't bounce me please)

The description of the item is actually accurate...and it says that the coupons may not work. It's probably not even a violation of e..y's policy although it should be.

Celebrity could stop this if they wish. The seller admits the non intended use of these coupons and gives a strong impression that there won't be a problem. They are indeed saying that the use is not guaranteed. Elite coupons are not transferable. That's indicated on the coupon. I'm not a lawyer so I could be wrong, but knowingly selling something that it is illegal to sell might be illegal. It would be quite easy for Celebrity to trace the seller and take whatever action they deem necessary. They should protect the integrity of their brand.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry, but I LOL'd at this thread. It's amazing what some people will do to make a buck... or in this case, nearly 130 bucks, IF they get it. It's not the first time I've seen this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I truly hope it will be a "No-Sale" - at any price.

Thank goodness, they've so generously offered Free Shipping :)

As PT Barnum said....

I thought it was a joke, but I found it!

He claims to have airline paraphanalia as collectibles, so maybe, when they no longer offer these wonderful coupons, they will become collector items!!!!

If that is the case, I still have so many leftovers that I haven't tossed out , I will have a goldmine!

I forwarded the post to Mr. Bayley since I thought he might be interested in how some valued the coupons. The auction has ended. Wonder if there was a purchase or item was withdrawn from sale?

I recognise the name of this seller. I'm sure they have been mentioned via Cruise Critic before for advertising Celebrity vouchers. IIRC he is a serial seller of airline goodies like amenity kits and (probably) the salt and pepper shakers you get on Virgin! He probably makes a nice tidy sum out of his activities.:rolleyes:

Phil

I forwarded the post to Mr. Bayley since I thought he might be interested in how some valued the coupons. The auction has ended. Wonder if there was a purchase or item was withdrawn from sale?

The auction is still up and running. It is a "buy it now."

You know, it's wrong of course :D, but I could see someone throwing it out there for $25 or so just for fun, but $129.99????? C'mon!

The auction is still up and running. It is a "buy it now."

You know, it's wrong of course :D, but I could see someone throwing it out there for $25 or so just for fun, but $129.99????? C'mon!

You are correct. Must have reposted it. Be interesting to see if Celebrity responds and if the listing is removed again.

I don't think Celebrity will care because I don't think they can be used by anyone who isn't Elite. If you use it, you have to give your cabin number and the computer will show that you are not Elite, so they will refuse it. Also, I don't think you can use any leftovers even if you are Elite. Once the system shows you used one (or whatever number they give you), it will also show if you used extra and refuse it. That is what I was told by the Captain's Club Hostess when I asked if I could use my leftovers as extras.

I don't think Celebrity will care because I don't think they can be used by anyone who isn't Elite. If you use it' date=' you have to give your cabin number and the computer will show that you are not Elite, so they will refuse it. Also, I don't think you can use any leftovers even if you are Elite. Once the system shows you used one (or whatever number they give you), it will also show if you used extra and refuse it. That is what I was told by the Captain's Club Hostess when I asked if I could use my leftovers as extras.[/quote']

Unfortunately that is not true with the match play coupons. The dealers do not check the coupons to see if they have been completed on the reverse. They just accept them.

I don't think Celebrity will care because I don't think they can be used by anyone who isn't Elite. If you use it' date=' you have to give your cabin number and the computer will show that you are not Elite, so they will refuse it. Also, I don't think you can use any leftovers even if you are Elite. Once the system shows you used one (or whatever number they give you), it will also show if you used extra and refuse it. That is what I was told by the Captain's Club Hostess when I asked if I could use my leftovers as extras.[/quote']

Hypothetically true. He claims in the description to have sold them for the last 5 years and no one reported a problem in using them. Enforcement of policies on Celebrity ships is fairly inconsistent.

The biggest problem would be the internet coupon, since the unsuspecting buyer won't know that first they charge your account for the 90 minutes, then they refund after checking to make sure the coupon user is actually Elite. So the buyer is likely to find himself with a bill for $49.95 for Internet and a worthless coupon.

the seller had better hope that there is more than one Elite passenger in High Point North Carolina, or he/she might find himself in big trouble with Celebrity

I'm sure there is. High Point is a fairly large city with a good amount of wealth.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The biggest problem would be the internet coupon, since the unsuspecting buyer won't know that first they charge your account for the 90 minutes, then they refund after checking to make sure the coupon user is actually Elite. So the buyer is likely to find himself with a bill for $49.95 for Internet and a worthless coupon.

Actually, that is the coupon I had inquired about. I couldn't use my extra.

I never had a problem using them. I even used the Internet before gaining elite status without issue. Match play and drink BOGO went off without a hitch.

I keep tabs on a popular bidding site for the coupons. They come up about once every four or six weeks. There is no burgeoning black market in illicit coupons. :)

the seller had better hope that there is more than one Elite passenger in High Point North Carolina, or he/she might find himself in big trouble with Celebrity

Wow, I live in High Point...and I certainly am NOT selling Elite coupons!!!!

Just...WOW! I never cease to be amazed at the things people try to make a buck on.

The other day I saw somebody selling a set of 4 Texans training camp tickets. The tickets are free to season ticket holders, but this person wanted $130.00 for the set!:eek:

Archived