I just got an upgrade!!

g8rchic

I'm doing my happy dance because I went online to print my luggage tags and I noticed that I have just been upgraded to a Royal Suite on the Summit! I'm extremely excited. I know there has been a lot said on the boards already about royal suites, but does anyone have any advice or pointers they can share? I plan to enjoy every minute of having a suite. I can't stop dancing!!

I'm doing my happy dance because I went online to print my luggage tags and I noticed that I have just been upgraded to a Royal Suite on the Summit! I'm extremely excited. I know there has been a lot said on the boards already about royal suites, but does anyone have any advice or pointers they can share? I plan to enjoy every minute of having a suite. I can't stop dancing!!

Nice!!!! :D Congratulations!!! We have stayed in a RS on the Summit and will back in one in December. You will absolutely LOVE it....it will be very hard to ever book another room again.

I don't really have any great advice, I feel like the RS is so amazing there is not much to do but sit back and enjoy! I will tell you that I mentioned to our butler (Keith....if you get him thank your lucky stars because he was by FAR the most fabulous staff person we have EVER met in all our cruises...so sweet, kind and attentive!) that I was vegetarian and each day thereafter he brought a huge tray of special veggie snacks/sandwiches just for me. So I guess I would say don't be afraid to ask for or mention something if there is something special you want/need.

Have a wonderful time, you will love it!!

That is so excellent! What cabin category did you have before? Enjoy your suite!

Congrats! My last 3 sailings on Summit were in a RS. You will totally enjoy it. Nothing beats having your butler bring in breakfast in the morning. No need to fight that morning crowd at the buffet :) I see you're on the September 1 sailing. So am I!

Enjoy it!

Congrats! My last 3 sailings on Summit were in a RS. You will totally enjoy it. Nothing beats having your butler bring in breakfast in the morning. No need to fight that morning crowd at the buffet :) I see you're on the September 1 sailing. So am I!

Enjoy it!

Can't wait to see you in less than a month!

Congratulations!! I had an inside qty, and got my cabin number today. I got an inside cabin..LOL... You would think after having done 25 Celebrity cruises I could at least get an OV upgrade. Still looking forward to having a great time. Maybe next time..

Wow - I am jealous congrats!:D. We are all curious how these things happen. Although technically not what I would call an upgrade per se (technically you are guaranteed a certain room level of higher, so technically that option was always a possibility), but let's be honest - it is rarer than my chances of winning Powerball to go from a CC guarantee to a Royal Suite.

So I have to ask - are you new to Celebrity? That seems to be the trend for these things. I am wondering if that holds true this time or if you are just luckier than all get-out. I would have thought an upgrade from CC would first be an AQ, then a Sky Suite, but almost never a Royal Suite. Inquiring minds want to know.:D

Congratulations!! I had an inside qty, and got my cabin number today. I got an inside cabin..LOL... You would think after having done 25 Celebrity cruises I could at least get an OV upgrade. Still looking forward to having a great time. Maybe next time..

I hate to say it, but I think having 25 X cruises under your belt works against you. They already know you are loyal. They want to impress new cruisers. They claim it is all random, but I am cynical. I admit I could be wrong, but trends on these boards tend to back me up. Waiting to hear what the OP has to say about whether he/she is new to Celebrity. Would love to be proved wrong as I also have over 20 cruises on X.:)

We had a RS on our Alaska cruise on Millie. WOW! I don't know that I'll ever want to go back to a regular balcony room! Enjoy it! Don't forget to use that hot tub on the balcony - with a glass of champagne in hand and watch the world go by!

I hate to say it, but I think having 25 X cruises under your belt works against you. They already know you are loyal. They want to impress new cruisers. They claim it is all random, but I am cynical. I admit I could be wrong, but trends on these boards tend to back me up. Waiting to hear what the OP has to say about whether he/she is new to Celebrity. Would love to be proved wrong as I also have over 20 cruises on X.:)

Phoenix Dream,

I totally agree with you 100%. I have over 60 X cruises. I have never gotten a complimentary upgrade to a suite. To be honest, I tend now to just book either the RS or the PH because even a "Suite Guarantee" tends to get me a Sky Suite. I honestly believe Celebrity "has my number" and they know I'll pay for the suite I want so there's no need to entice me with an upgrade!:rolleyes:

Wow - I am jealous congrats!:D. We are all curious how these things happen. Although technically not what I would call an upgrade per se (technically you are guaranteed a certain room level of higher, so technically that option was always a possibility), but let's be honest - it is rarer than my chances of winning Powerball to go from a CC guarantee to a Royal Suite.

So I have to ask - are you new to Celebrity? That seems to be the trend for these things. I am wondering if that holds true this time or if you are just luckier than all get-out. I would have thought an upgrade from CC would first be an AQ, then a Sky Suite, but almost never a Royal Suite. Inquiring minds want to know.:D

This may help explain everything.......a post by the OP on 7/27 on another thread:

The prices have gone down again. I just booked a suite guarantee. Can't wait to see everyone in 6 wks!!

A suite guarantee to the Royal Suite makes a lot more sense than a CC guarantee to a Royal Suite. :D

'Tis always nice to know the actual facts?

This may help explain everything.......a post by the OP on 7/27 on another thread:

The prices have gone down again. I just booked a suite guarantee. Can't wait to see everyone in 6 wks!!

A suite guarantee to the Royal Suite makes a lot more sense than a CC guarantee to a Royal Suite. :D

'Tis always nice to know the actual facts?

That makes a lot more sense! I still say congratulations, though, an a great assignment vs. upgrade! ;)

Phoenix Dream,

I totally agree with you 100%. I have over 60 X cruises. I have never gotten a complimentary upgrade to a suite. To be honest, I tend now to just book either the RS or the PH because even a "Suite Guarantee" tends to get me a Sky Suite. I honestly believe Celebrity "has my number" and they know I'll pay for the suite I want so there's no need to entice me with an upgrade!:rolleyes:

Yes, unfortunately we also total agree. It seems that they know we will always book a RS or Penthouse so they do not entice us with upgrades. We are very happy with our elite benefits, however, and feel we get what we pay for. Again, congratulations on your upgrade. Enjoy

Congrats - that is a great upgrade!!!!

I think there maybe a lot of upgrades on our upcoming cruise too. I was checking the available cabins and there are all but one RS left, and a lot of S2 and S1 available. X currently has a fire sale on! Suits starting at 2200$!!!

We would call for an upgrade if we still had an A2 but since we have an aft A1, we want to stay put. I think there will be lots of very happy people on our cruise!!!!

I am surprised how slowly the suites are selling - the A1s have been sold out forever, but the others have been slow to sell.

We didnt win the power ball or get visited by the upgrade fairy lol, but since this is and "extra" cruise this year I'm happy with our cc cabin. we'll have to wait till next year when we're booked in a royal suite. Congrats on your up grade! Let us know how you like it...Vickie

I am surprised how slowly the suites are selling - the A1s have been sold out forever, but the others have been slow to sell.

They were asking too much for them originally. Same case for our cruise in September, although there are many cabins in all categories that remain unsold including AQs. Now they are fire selling them and this seems to be the order of the day with current pricing policy. There will be some happy people who got upgrades, but of course there are losers too. Those that paid for a suite early on taking advantage of the "early booking discount" only to see them sold off cheaply at the end as guarantees and some of those buying these lower priced GTY cabins being given the higher end suites that are left, leaving the early bookers out of luck.

My booking strategy is going to change and I'll book after final payment in future and take my luck with a European flight booked last minute. The price drops are often huge. It all seems to be a game with prices and incentives at the moment and I really dislike it.

Phil

We were in a Royal Suite on Millie. It was sooooo nice! Hopefully, the Summit has been updated a bit. We were on Millie last year before solsticization, and there were a few minor cosmetic issues with the cabin. The jacuzzi tub on the balcony is a really neat idea, and I thought I would use it a lot, but it was rusty, and I know it was probably clean, but all that rust looked so yuck, I only put my feet in it once, I wouldn't get in all the way.

The bathroom is really nice, with separate shower and jetted tub. Nice for my mom, who is 80, and a little nervous about stepping in and out of a tub-shower combo, which is what the SS and CS have. The walk in closet in the bedroom is a very nice size.

You get nice bar set up, but we don't drink, so I didn't care about that. I think the liquor you get is top shelf.

The dining area is nice, but was wasted on us. We never dined indoors in the cabin. Had breakfast on the balcony every morning. The balcony is gorgeous and huge, table with 4 chairs, plus to comfy rattan loungers with thick, thick cushions you just sink into. :)

I felt like we got treated even more special than the usual excellent X service. Enjoy your suite. And good luck trying to go back to something less on future cruises.

Archived