Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Oh Jeff, not only does your meal look good, but that is a view 'to die for' as people say nowadays. Very jealous - we look out on to a nice lawn and various trees in the garden at home, but nothing like your seaside.

LL

Hi,

She came back with some breast of lamb and I made some cauliflower cheese, with some new potatoes and some stuffing and some Rosso gravy.

We think of the house as being a balcony with a 4 bedroom house attached .... a sort of big beach hut!

Todays view from the balcony (sorry not very good ... taken with the ipad!) ..... the last view for a while as we're back to Hampshire overnight tonight g*d willing ....! Leaving at around 1am. Hopefully I'll avoid the speed camera I caught on the way down.

DC2DF322-81E3-430C-BEA8-EE565FF7DAC4.jpg

Would never tire of that view Jeff and the beautiful sea air, safe travels tonight.

Know what you mean LL about having something simple on board....I'm really a lunch person so sometimes struggle at dinner and have in the past just asked for an iceberg wedge....much to the amusement of the staff too!

Likewise with breakfast, I'll usually only order cereal and fruit most mornings in suite, maybe toast, but l am rather partial to the corned beef hash with a poached egg..;)

S:)

Would never tire of that view Jeff and the beautiful sea air, safe travels tonight.

Know what you mean LL about having something simple on board....I'm really a lunch person so sometimes struggle at dinner and have in the past just asked for an iceberg wedge....much to the amusement of the staff too!

Likewise with breakfast, I'll usually only order cereal and fruit most mornings in suite, maybe toast, but l am rather partial to the corned beef hash with a poached egg..;)

G'day Sofa Gal et al !!

Well the last salmon and dill cucumber sandwiches with a bottle of Pecheur on the balcony this lunch time .... and as the brollies were down you can actually see the food as it's not in a brolly shadow.

I'm afraid it is going to be another delivered curry tonight ... on the balcony. If I'm honest ... we' had one last night and several nights before that, There is something about a curry on the balcony with a Paulaner that will never be matched by going out to a restaurant. I keep forgetting to ipad photo the curry .... apologies!

42C34569-9528-440E-B747-D695C11F664B.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I have had something on my mind for a while and want to float it for some feedback before I go through the palaver. She is off on Saturday for a day without me so I have some time to play and have a naughty lunch.

I'm think of mashing up a banana and mixing it with some Aunt Jemima waffle mix, with some added sugar and a drop or two of vanilla extract. I'm thinking of putting the mix into a waffle machine until done ie a little crisp at the edges and topping it with thick double cream, then flaked toasted almond slivers, then some caramel sauce and then a light dusting of icing sugar. Sweet I know, but it may be lunch.

What do you reckon?

Jeff

I have had something on my mind for a while and want to float it for some feedback before I go through the palaver. She is off on Saturday for a day without me so I have some time to play and have a naughty lunch.

I'm think of mashing up a banana and mixing it with some Aunt Jemima waffle mix, with some added sugar and a drop or two of vanilla extract. I'm thinking of putting the mix into a waffle machine until done ie a little crisp at the edges and topping it with thick double cream, then flaked toasted almond slivers, then some caramel sauce and then a light dusting of icing sugar. Sweet I know, but it may be lunch.

Not being a waffler (oh yeh?) I can't comment on if it could be done, but sounds disgustingly sweet to me: suspect your good lady will be glad she does not have to eat it.;)

I'm only agonising because I think it might be doughy rather than crisp. Unless I add some melted butter and sugar and make the waffle machine really hot. Not certAin it will crisp. That's the issue. I don't want a dough ball. I want a crisp waffle.

Sweet isn't an issue. It's a one or two mouthful thing.

It is good to think!

What do you reckon?

Eat less and lose weight would be a good idea.and a month off the booze.

Edited by Mr Luxury

I'm only agonising because I think it might be doughy rather than crisp. Unless I add some melted butter and sugar and make the waffle machine really hot. Not certAin it will crisp. That's the issue. I don't want a dough ball. I want a crisp waffle.

Sweet isn't an issue. It's a one or two mouthful thing.

It is good to think!

instant banana ice cream is much easier, freeze banana slices for a couple of hours and then whizz them up in a food processor , either by themselves or with a drop of cream, vanilla and honey/ maple syrup and eat at once. Almost healthy delicious instant ice cream, provided you like bananas.

Rp

Good Evening,

I'd give the banana dish a try Jeff...may turn out a bit heavy but one can only trial and error! It would most probably be too sweet for me but if it turns out well you could always then experiment with a savoury version...

Baked bananas are rather nice topped with ice cream and maple syrup.

It's been a long and tiring day, had a house viewing and I had quite forgotten how much time and effort needs to go into it all...:eek:

Hopefully l shall have a positive result....

Lux, you sound like my Doctor.....whom l tend to take with a pinch of salt also.....carry on smoking...:D

instant banana ice cream is much easier, freeze banana slices for a couple of hours and then whizz them up in a food processor , either by themselves or with a drop of cream, vanilla and honey/ maple syrup and eat at once. Almost healthy delicious instant ice cream, provided you like bananas.

Rp

That is very kind of you to offer an alternative.

:D

Good Evening,

I'd give the banana dish a try Jeff...may turn out a bit heavy but one can only trial and error! It would most probably be too sweet for me but if it turns out well you could always then experiment with a savoury version...

It's been a long and tiring day, had a house viewing and I had quite forgotten how much time and effort needs to go into it all...:eek:

Lux, you sound like my Doctor.....whom l tend to take with a pinch of salt also.....carry on smoking...:D

I've never smoked,unfortunately too many pinches of salt and smoking was what did for my father.

54 was no age so I look after myself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Mr Luxury

Good Evening,

I think it's the crispness of the waffle and the banana taste I'm after. I guess it will be a bit like Chinese banana in batter.

Hope you get the house sold.

Jeff

I'm a great believer in what will be will be and also a little bit of what you fancy does you good.....who knows what's around the corner, so live a little while one can.

My grandmother lived to the ripe old age of 108....she drank gin by the bucketful, smoked woodbines, ate a full greasy breakfast every day and had belly pork for her dinner.....Brenda almost ran out of birthday cards...;)

My mother passed at 64 having never drank or smoked......as our American cousins say....go figure.

My grandmother lived to the ripe old age of 108....she drank gin by the bucketful, smoked woodbines, ate a full greasy breakfast every day and had belly pork for her dinner.....Brenda almost ran out of birthday cards...;)

Think how old she'd have been if she'd looked after herself

Good morning coolers,

It's very quiet, are we all getting into hibernating mood as the summer comes to a close! :eek:

Must admit to having a touch of idleitis here.....still waiting to hear if the viewing was successful and it's all rather thrown me out of routine this week...damn it!

Highlight for next week is a visit to the 'Flu Fayre' for the annual shot which normally gives me symptoms for a couple of days...such joy..:rolleyes:

The galley is not cooking on gas at all and have to admit to currently raiding the freezers for something quick and easy most days....Ocado delivering tomorrow so I shall make an effort for a Sunday roast...

Sophia :)

Good morning coolers,

It's very quiet, are we all getting into hibernating mood as the summer comes to a close! :eek:

Must admit to having a touch of idleitis here.....still waiting to hear if the viewing was successful and it's all rather thrown me out of routine this week...damn it!

Highlight for next week is a visit to the 'Flu Fayre' for the annual shot which normally gives me symptoms for a couple of days...such joy..:rolleyes:

The galley is not cooking on gas at all and have to admit to currently raiding the freezers for something quick and easy most days....Ocado delivering tomorrow so I shall make an effort for a Sunday roast...

Sophia :)

Good Morning Safa and other Coolies,

I do so hope that you get an offer. You said you reduced the price and you want to move and I really, really, really hope that this happens and you start your new life of drawing lines and moving on!

Anyone that tries to cook knows that the reason why the kitchen always draws is because you are never, ever satisfied with what you put on the plate. It can always be improved. it's never quite right. And it is the only thing I have ver done which completely absorbs and allows you to escpae from whatever else is on your mind.

So you keep on in the forlorn hope that one day what is on the plate seems just right. Very rare.

I've been trying to make a decent Butter Chicken at home either nearly as good or even better than the best we eat prepared by proper chef's and yesterday was the first day I think I finally cracked it. :D

I only cheat at this sort of thing so it had to be as good but had to be easy.

Anyway this was it with some coconut pillau.

5BBC4BA0-EF4B-41CE-97F0-D77321AEF826.jpg

That looks delicious - yum.

Been very quiet with a week of disruption as staircase was renovated - at the final stage as I speak with the carpet being laid! It's been a week of major dust (which no doubt will continue for months) from the drywall monstrosity they removed but it has transformed the house and well worth the capital outlay!

M

Chicken dish looks lovely....making my mouth water!

That looks delicious - yum.

M

When you are as ugly and as irritating as me you have to learn to cook. It is my only hope of a return visit!

Soapy Gal, I know that the next three weeks are going to fly by. Just savour the anticipation. By the way, have you bought a decent camera? Not just for us Coolies but these memories at this stage will be something you'll treasure when you are 108 and smoking your woodbines and swigging gin straight from the bottle.

M. Hope you don't find Kermit's nephew half way up those new stairs as it is a place that he knows.

Jeff.

Oh dear .... poor old Dave Lee Travis. He has just condemned himself to a future of defending himself from angry and entirely legitimate further consideration to fuutre prosecutions from an endless queue of agreived victims. The main one .... a very famous household Radio 1 female DJ yet to declare. This might be the tipping point.

Never was there a better example of when keeping your trap shut and cutting your losses been more apropriate and cheaper.

This may well run and run.

;););)

Jeff

Where do you get all these tales from? Who needs the papers [emoji4]

Sadly I get these tales mostly because i am always in the wrong place at the wrong time and was around at the time in question. I use to play records. ;)

It is quite likely in my view that a DJ with the initials LK might find this just a bit too much too stomach. A certain DJ with an adjecent broadcast time slot, use to wait until the studio red light went on ("on air") and then grope. The DJ reported it at the time to senior beeb management but no action taken. i think this may be the tipping point. We will see.

DLT's protestations today may winkle out a load more people. He has been found guilty but doesn't seem to have understood it. I also wonder whether there is a precedent for a judge to call a criminal back and convert a suspended sentence to a current sentence.

Jeff

To return to more 'savoury' topics - your butter chicken looked lovely; I admit to never having cooked it but eaten the Waitrose offering, which is not bad but I am sure not the same. I hope your waffle experiment works - sorry if I was a bit rude about it, but I don't have a sweet tooth - prefer drinks like Campari and Margaritas to sweet things.

On a genuine Silversea topic; I was very sad indeed to read about Judi. We met several wonderful CDs on Silversea - they definitely outshone most of Seabourn's - like Ray Solaire and Colin Brown, but Judi was so warm and friendly, especially to solo travellers. (She thought I was one when DH was not around for half a day). So often it is the best people who leave us.