Johnny Rockets Question - Cover Charge

cjdixon4

Does the $4.95 cover charge apply per person or per group?

Does the cover charge cover a fixed amt of food? i.e. one hamburger per person, one side per person.

I just saw a comment that if you use a BOGO on a shake they make one shake and pour into two cups. What if two people prefer different flavors?

It's been a long time since I ate a JR on ship or land. The last time I did on a ship (Explorer) it was completely free. That should give you an idea how long it has been. On land even longer!

Does the cover charge cover a fixed amt of food? i.e. one hamburger per person, one side per person.

I just saw a comment that if you use a BOGO on a shake they make one shake and pour into two cups. What if two people prefer different flavors?

It's been a long time since I ate a JR on ship or land. The last time I did on a ship (Explorer) it was completely free. That should give you an idea how long it has been. On land even longer!

We get a free coupon to eat at JR and we get a coupon to buy one get one free. I have NEVER had them make one and put it in two cups. :eek: I would have balked! :eek: They are there to please at JR's and they do a good job! :D

However, if you have the soda plan (or either of the alcoholic beverage plans), the soda there is covered.

Pibb Xtra and Root Beer and the flavored sodas are not included with the soda package. Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite are included.

I was on both Liberty and Navigator and those sodas are not included as they are only available in that outlet.

I do not know how they handle it on ships that have the freestyle machines though, as they do have those choices.

Not always true Ashland. We tried this a couple times after reading it posted here and ended up paying the cover charge both times. When we complained we were told the cover charge applies to eat in and take out orders. Had we know ahead of time we sure would have made a meal of it.

My DH has done this several times..Maybe he was just lucky or looked like he really needed those two milkshakes :D

I just saw a comment that if you use a BOGO on a shake they make one shake and pour into two cups. What if two people prefer different !

My husband and I have used JR BOGO milkshake coupons a number of times on Indy and Adventure. NEVER had anything other than quite separate shakes.

Does the $4.95 cover charge apply per person or per group? ...!

Per person. As far as how much food, I've read differing reports. Some have said it's all the sides you can eat with one entree. Others have said it's all of everything you can eat.

The $4.95 is per person. It covers all the food you want, you only need to pay extra for the shakes/malts or sodas. So if you want all sorts of sides and multiple hamburgers --it's like the MDR at that point. I'm sure if you have a BOGO, you can each order what you like.

I used to love the chili cheese fries, and my daughter noticed there are bacon cheese fries!!

You can also go to JR's with your C&A BOGO coupon for the milkshake and get them to go...no cover...DH does this.

We've had our milkshakes in Johnny Rockets (also using our BOGO coupon) and only had to pay for the milkshake (no cover charge). We let them know when we're being seated that we're just there for milkshakes and it's not been an issue.

I fully understand the 4.95 cover charge to eat in Johnny Rockets (except with breakfast being free). What if you only want fries or onion rings rather than an entire meal...do they only charge for that particular item? How does that work? I'm sure there are folks like me who just want a quick snack of french fries covered in ketchup... I just can't see myself paying nearly 5 bucks for a plate of fries. :eek:

What ship are you sailing on? On the Oasis class they have fries in the Wipe Out Café during lunch hours. Or Windjammer they should be available all the time as well.

Do they have egg creams in JRs? I haven't been to a Johnny Rocket in many years.

I never remember seeing egg creams on the drink menu. Have to say I've never had one, but heard they're delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I never remember seeing egg creams on the drink menu. Have to say I've never had one, but heard they're delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I guess it's permissible to hijack my own thread...LOL

What is an Egg Cream? Sounds interesting.

Milk and SODA WATER with syrup? Now that's an unusual combo. Thanks MadMan for the google link. Never seen Google perform like that before!

Don't knock it til you've tried it. Tastes like a chocolate ice cream soda without the ice cream. Yummy stuff.

Don't knock it til you've tried it. Tastes like a chocolate ice cream soda without the ice cream. Yummy stuff.

And is best made with Fox's ubet syrup or it's not a real Brooklyn egg creme.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Milk and SODA WATER with syrup? Now that's an unusual combo. Thanks MadMan for the google link. Never seen Google perform like that before!

Yes, it's a gentle way of reminding someone they should google something for themselves, rather than asking us to do it for them.

I use it rarely, it's a bit too snarky for me. I'm happy to google something and cut and paste it into my reply, for those who are google challenged.

There is actually a loophole. On both the Liberty and Navigator, we just wanted a snack of milkshakes and fries / rings. We told the servers and they allowed us to have that for just the price of the milkshakes (and refilled the fries and onion rings as they normally do). So I think as long as you buy a drink there, they'll be happy to give you the sides to go with it!

They did the same for me on Voyager of the Seas. It was the first night on board and I wanted to use my C&A voucher for the milkshake, and then the sound of some onion rings took my fancy to take back to the cabin, so they only charged me for one of the milkshakes.

Archived