What side of the ship do you prefer?

goldgirl2

lol - I should have said "preferences of port or starboard".

It appears the question was too specific. Maybe it should have been amendind to, in general, "what are your cabin preferences, and why"? There are absolutely people, like you, who don't have a preference regarding which side of a ship they book but seek other options. Your comment is certainly interesting, though, seeing you really do have a preference.:)

• 2 months later...

Our only preference is a balcony above the waterline. For our next cruise we chose a port side balcony on the Allure Eastern Caribbean itinerary mainly for the harbor views. If that does not work out good then there's always the next one to get it right.

Xray

Ok, I have to ask, but what is topside?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

top·side (tpsd)

n.

1. The surface of a ship's hull above the water line. Often used in the plural.

2. The highest position of authority.

adv. & adj.

1. On or to the upper parts of a ship; on deck.

2. In a position of authority.

All these mentions of aft has me wanting to try an aft one day

Yes, an aft cabin definitely a must-do!

My preference is more proximity to the centrum/elevators than side of ship.

However I never realized before that the Vision (and I understand all Vision class ships have this??? correct me if I'm wrong please) have a small staircase approx 6 cabins up from the aft of the ship on the starboard side from deck 8 to deck 9. So when I left my aft-starboard cabin, I would walk about 10 steps up the hall, quickly go up about 12 steps and I'd be up in front of the spa reception!! Super easy access to the gym and Solarium/Park Cafe. This was WAAAAAAAY better than walking all the way down the hall to the centrum stairs and up to top deck, then all the way back again. So if I ever get a suite again on a Vision Class I'll be looking at the Starboard side.:)

I have no reason, other than habit, but I usually book port side. However, on our upcoming TA from Miami to Europe I wish I had managed to get Starboard as I think we would get more sun on our balcony.

We did have an aft cabin once, a very good cabin with great veiws, but a long way to walk to and from the lifts (Jewel of the Seas).

Edited by roysmith99