Embarkation Lunch

shofer

It's been several years since I was on Celebrity having taken a "sojourn" to Princess. We are booked on Silhouette next February and very excited to try one of their new ships.

Just wondering if the MDR is open for lunch on embarkation day? Princess offers limited hours for lunch on this day although we were never early enough to try it.

Sue

It's been several years since I was on Celebrity having taken a "sojourn" to Princess. We are booked on Silhouette next February and very excited to try one of their new ships.

Just wondering if the MDR is open for lunch on embarkation day? Princess offers limited hours for lunch on this day although we were never early enough to try it.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Unfortunately, Celebrity does not open the MDR for Lunch on Embarkation Day, though I wish they did :). If you would like to avoid the rush at the Buffet, I suggest considering Bistro on Five. It's a great alternative. The surcharge $5.00 per person, but well worth it IMO.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful time on Silhouette.

On Silhouette, there is also The Porch, also a $5 cover charge, for sit down service on embarkation.

Thanks very much Gig. I wasnt sure if The Porch was open on Embarkation day, so I opted not to speculate on that.

Of all the Celebrity Dining venues, The Porch is the one venue I have not tried yet, as I have not sailed on Silhouette or Reflection. Perhaps it will happen in 2014. It's on my "to-sail" list :)

Thanks very much Gig. I wasnt sure if The Porch was open on Embarkation day, so I opted not to speculate on that.

Now you have me worried that I'm giving bad info! I haven't sailed on Silhouette yet either, but I thought I read about the Porch in a review. If I'm mistaken I hope someone can correct me.

Porch is open. Nice location. Food is similar you can get at the Buffet or AlBacio. Paninis and Pastries, Soups and Desserts. Basically you are paying for the location and privacy as it´s more a "crowd control charge" than specialty charge like for Bistro on Five.

Hi Sue,

Unfortunately, Celebrity does not open the MDR for Lunch on Embarkation Day, though I wish they did :). If you would like to avoid the rush at the Buffet, I suggest considering Bistro on Five. It's a great alternative. The surcharge $5.00 per person, but well worth it IMO.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful time on Silhouette.

Also, you can try the Aqua Spa café in the Solarium, this is a free venue...

Porch is open. Nice location. Food is similar you can get at the Buffet or AlBacio. Paninis and Pastries, Soups and Desserts. Basically you are paying for the location and privacy as it´s more a "crowd control charge" than specialty charge like for Bistro on Five.

Café Al Bacio has never served soups and hasn't served sandwiches in a year or more... Complimentary pastries are now featured at Cafe Al Bacio all day; no purchase of a specialty coffee or tea is required...

Café Al Bacio has never served soups and hasn't served sandwiches in a year or more... Complimentary pastries are now featured at Cafe Al Bacio all day; no purchase of a specialty coffee or tea is required...

Oh dear! It´s a random selection you can also find around the ship at the porch. That is what I am saying. (Paninis and Soups at Buffet, Pastries at Al Bacio)

Different from Bistro on five which is pretty unique with the Crepes...

Complimentary pastries have always been available at Al Bacio.

Host Andy, I so agree with you about Bistro of Five on Embarkation Day. It is wonderful, the food the service and it's quiet. No dealing with the crowds at the buffet. You can eat as little or as much of the menu you want. I had the cowboy crepe and loved it. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to go back.

We have done both Bistro on Five and The Porch on embarkation day and found neither to be crowded. We prefer The Porch due to it being open to the lawn and the outside sunlight. Plus, the views are better up there than in Bistro on Five.

Aqua Spa cafe was closed, tried that on embarkation day in august... Read about it here but sadly they had not opened.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We love the Aqua Spa Café on embarkation day. Hope it's not true that they've done away with the grilled tuna/chicken/salmon for lunch. We'll find out next week. I'm just not a craps person. :rolleyes:

We love the Aqua Spa Café on embarkation day. Hope it's not true that they've done away with the grilled tuna/chicken/salmon for lunch. We'll find out next week. I'm just not a craps person. :rolleyes:

Hi Wine-O,

I hope you will let us know about the grilled items at the Aqua Spa Cafe. I've heard conflicting reports on this, and also hope they are still serving the grilled items, as it's always a favorite of ours.

Hi Wine-O,

I hope you will let us know about the grilled items at the Aqua Spa Cafe. I've heard conflicting reports on this, and also hope they are still serving the grilled items, as it's always a favorite of ours.

They did not have the grilled items in the Aqua Spa on the Summit last month, but they did have very nice grilled fish and meats at the buffet in the evening which was never crowded.

We've done Bistro on 5 last few cruises as soon as we boarded. I think we were the only ones there each time. Definitely beats the crowded buffet that first day. We usually hit there the last day also.

I'm curious about The Porch and we may hit there this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you prefer blackjack or the slots? ;)

We also loved The Porch on the Silhouette. We had lunch there almost every day. If I remember correctly, they are closed in inclement weather. On a sunny day it is gorgeous up there, but if it is rainy and windy, it is not so pleasant.

OP, it looks like you are going out of FLL, so hopefully you will have beautiful weather!

We love Bistro on Five for embarkation day, but we're definitely looking forward to checking out the new SPG menus at the Aqua Spa Cafe on Summit next week. They look interesting.

What is SPG? I had forgotten about the Aqua Spa Cafe as an alternative to the buffet. Not sure when Mom & I will arrive as we are driving from Clearwater. It's a 4 hour drive and I am hoping we get an early start.

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. It will be interesting to check out this lovely new ship and all it has to offer.

Sue

The last few cruises we have been on we went to the Bistro on Five. It was nice and the food was good. Ate and enjoyed the company of two friends we had me on a previous cruise. By the time we finished it was time to go check out our cabin. Planning of doing it this year too on our Eclipse cruise.:)

Archived