Embarkation Lunch

shofer

What is SPG? I had forgotten about the Aqua Spa Cafe as an alternative to the buffet. Not sure when Mom & I will arrive as we are driving from Clearwater. It's a 4 hour drive and I am hoping we get an early start.

Sue

Dunno about SPG, but I believe that Celebrity is now serving a few "SPE-certified" menu items.

Here's the link to what that means: http://specertified.com/

This is disappointing to me. Love lunch in mdr on embarkation day. We enjoyed it on two cruises and it really started our cruise off how we like it!

Was this recently? Celebrity has not offered lunch in the main dining

room in at least 10 years.

Let's not forget the Mast Grill!! Celebrity has the best hamburgers afloat, IMHO.

My teenage son would disagree with you. When on Carnival a few years ago (even before Guy's Burgers), he would have two or three cheeseburgers for lunch every day, and then maybe even one as a midnight snack. He gained 9 pounds that cruise! The following year, we were on Celebrity, and he didn't gain any weight, even though he had two entrees at dinner every night. His reasoning? The cheeseburgers were not as good on Celebrity, so he only had a couple the whole cruise.

The buffet was packed on the first day and so we stopped at the grill and I did not care for the burgers because they put pickles on the burgers, gross. No one was ever in bistros.

They are made to order so you could have asked for them without pickles! :)

On the last five cruises I've never had a burger with pickles on it actually they were served at the side of the plate with the salad & fries.

Bistro on Five is ideal for embarkation day to avoid the crowds but it is a pity that their menu is so limited. It is no wonder that this venue is so under utilised with such a lack of imagination.

I don't think it is limited, several soup choices, several salads, many different crepes, panninis and then either dessert crepes or other yummy desserts (chocolate mousse is my favourite)

For a crepes place I think it's very good, last cruise we had trouble getting a table on some days it was so busy! :)

It's our embarkation ritual :D

we enjoy the Bistro as well for lunch & have also gone there on other days for a nice brunch.. Paninis at the Porch are good too if you find a table not in the sun!

I will miss the made to order salmon at Aquaspa cafe if phased out--really a treat

I do whatever I can to avoid the buffet..too cluttered & confused on S class..but DH likes to get some burgers & dogs from the buffet when we are sitting out by the pool

the stuff they serve out at poolside is often overdone & not very warm...

we enjoy the Bistro as well for lunch & have also gone there on other days for a nice brunch.. Paninis at the Porch are good too if you find a table not in the sun!

I will miss the made to order salmon at Aquaspa cafe if phased out--really a treat

I do whatever I can to avoid the buffet..too cluttered & confused on S class..but DH likes to get some burgers & dogs from the buffet when we are sitting out by the pool

the stuff they serve out at poolside is often overdone & not very warm...

I don't like the burgers from the buffet they are much better from the Mast Grill where they are made to order. By poolside do you mean the Mast Grill?

Hi Sue,

Unfortunately, Celebrity does not open the MDR for Lunch on Embarkation Day, though I wish they did :). If you would like to avoid the rush at the Buffet, I suggest considering Bistro on Five. It's a great alternative. The surcharge $5.00 per person, but well worth it IMO.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful time on Silhouette.

Hi Host Andy:

Just wondering;

How many does the Bistro on Five seat(best guess)? Is service/food order pretty quick? Is waiting in line to be seated on Embarkation Day a real possibility? If so what is worst case scenario time wise(again, best guess)? Thanks.

Regarding speed of service, I wouldn't count on a quick meal. I found that the made to order nature of Bistro on Five results in a slower meal, and my experience was not during a peak period. It's still a good meal though and if my wife liked it I'd be there on embarkation for sure!

I don't think it is limited, several soup choices, several salads, many different crepes, panninis and then either dessert crepes or other yummy desserts (chocolate mousse is my favourite)

:D

We had the Ultimate package so it was a No charge at Bistro on 5, every time we visited no Vegetarian soup, No panninis ( only after 6pm) - just crepes or crepes, no imagination!! Maybe that is why it is always EMPTY!

Last month on the Millie, they did have paninis from lunch time on.

Cafe al Bacio did still serve little sandwiches at lunch time.

And there was no grilled to order salmon/tuna/chicken/pork tenderloin in the Aqua Spa Cafe, and I asked. So these things seem to vary ship to ship or maybe week to week.

The SPE selections (at lunch and dinner) in the MDR were wonderful BTW. Appetizer, entree and dessert. Besides just in Aqua Spa.

The aqua sap café still has salmon, chicken, etc. it is just not pre-plated , it is made to order. It takes little time and they will bring it to your table. Always my favorite food on the ship.

They did not have the grilled-to-order items on the Century in July, or on the Solstice in September. I asked specifically on both ships and was told they had been discontinued. Aqua Spa café was always my favourite place for lunch and I really missed it on both sailings. I am lactose sensitive so the yogurt based creations for $5.00 additional charge were not an option for me.

Archived