Do many passengers take their own pillow from home?

I realize the ships offer a variety of pillows (from what I was told), but I have a "lousy" neck and I need a pillow that is much softer so I can almost roll it into a position that's comfortable. Most hotel and ship pillows seem to be really firm, I wonder if there is any way to find out if they have more "flexible" pillows for my cabin? I'll be on the Enchantment in a suite in January.

If you can't sleep without your own pillow, bring it. Many folks do bring their own pillows. I would suggest a brightly colored pillowcase, so it doesn't get mixed up with the ship's bedding!

I prefer my own pillow, but can do without for 7 days.

Edited by cb at sea

Personally my pillow never leaves my house. But if you have neck problems where you'll need a special pillow, it would be smart to bring your own. I don't know if the ship will have the right pillow for you and you wouldn't want to ruin your vacation because you can't sleep well. :)

I bring my own pillow AND blanket :eek:

I am really picky about my bedding (like custom make my pillow cases) and I pack pretty light otherwise so it has always been worth it to me (so much more comfort!) to bring my own stuff if I can. If I'm spending X amount of dollars to enjoy my vacation I want to sleep as comfortably as possible too.

We fly to the port so I would never fill my suitcase with a pillow from my bed, but I've seen passengers dragging along their pillows when boarding. I also don't have neck problems, so if you have a unique problem, maybe you should consider it. I doubt the ship having a variety of pillow types to choose from. I think they keep it pretty standard.

I bring a small smooshie travel pillow I purchased at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It used to have a strap to attach to the suitcase, but I preferred to put it inside my carry on to keep it clean on the way to the ship. If the ship pillows are good...it becomes a "knee" pillow. On the trip home, plane germs are ok & it has come in handy for those unexpected layovers.

Edited by spiritkat090909

We fly to the port so I would never fill my suitcase with a pillow from my bed, but I've seen passengers dragging along their pillows when boarding. I also don't have neck problems, so if you have a unique problem, maybe you should consider it. I doubt the ship having a variety of pillow types to choose from. I think they keep it pretty standard.

I agree, if flying, not a good idea to bring own bedding, or toilet seat or what ever, if driving it is up to you to bring what you want.

Edited by north29

If you're flying it's problematic to bring a pillow. OTOH, if you are driving, go for it. Seems like people who drive bring their entire home with them. And yes, I am jealous. ;-)

Your right,,we do tend to do that:eek:,,but I have to say,,haven't brought mypillow yet but am seriously considering it for our upcoming cruise in Jan.:)..

We always fly and I would not think of not bringing my pillow. I think it's as important, if not more important, than anything else I bring on the cruise. I am not about to sacrifice a good nights sleep just to save luggage space.

I do not pack it on the last night either. Nope, I am one of the people you see dragging their pillow off the ship with them. Once I retrieve the rest of my luggage....then I pack my pillow away. I do put a couple cases on it. If it gets dirty I can take that case off and have a clean pillow.

I'm a creature of habit and don't want risk sleepless nights trying to adjust to pillows I am not used to. Unfortunately, my daughter is the same as me, except she can't travel without her 2 pillows! Guess the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree......

I always fly and I ALWAYS bring a pillow (I have several). I just can't sleep on any old pillow. I also only do carryon and it fits nicely on top of my clothes in my suitcase. Wouldn't think of leaving home without it - if I want a good night's sleep.

When we cruise from home (Galveston) we frequently take lots of stuff we don't on flights. I take my down pillow and our beach towels so we don't have to mess with the towel check in procedure.

But flying into other ports, wouldn't waste the space.

I realize the ships offer a variety of pillows (from what I was told), but I have a "lousy" neck and I need a pillow that is much softer so I can almost roll it into a position that's comfortable. Most hotel and ship pillows seem to be really firm, I wonder if there is any way to find out if they have more "flexible" pillows for my cabin? I'll be on the Enchantment in a suite in January.

On Explorer, the pillows were very soft. I was surprised as well because as you said, pillows in hotels tend to be harder. I think you will be fine.

On a separate note, Celebrity Concierge Class gives you a pillow menu and you can pick what type of pillow you want.

I would so very much like to bring their bedding home with me-do you think they'd notice? :D

They probably would - that's why we went out to their online store and ordered everything for home. Now we have their bedding even when we're not onboard:D

Not unless they packed it in a suitcase. From my experieince, I rarely see anyone carrying a pillow.

Basically, bring what you must have and can fit in your suitcase or carry.

I always bring my pillow because of neck problems and , no, you would never see it as it is in my suitcase or a carry on bag.

If you're flying it's problematic to bring a pillow. OTOH, if you are driving, go for it. Seems like people who drive bring their entire home with them. And yes, I am jealous. ;-)

So true ... for the first time, we're driving to port for our cruise next month and I'm starting to wonder if the packing is going to get out-of-hand (Christmas tree, garland, Santa hats ... and now maybe a pillow or two).