The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Makes sense that it will be in the next 10 days as the conditions of the new WAVE 123Go! for the UK depend upon it being in place....25 bonus tier points.

This promo is for bookings from 29th Nov. So may even be as late as 29th Nov.

cc_campaign_info_177_1875610440.pdf

Edited by helpthejuggler

Hi,

Not really related to this subject...but has anyone seen any postings from the "official" Celebrity poster as of late. Seems there have been several threads where a small, informative response from him/her would be a great opportunity for Celebrity to have a positive impact on the MANY loyal customers on here...I don't peruse all the threads...but can't recall seeing anything lately.

Let me play the part here::D

Hi Folks...while we certainly appreciate and understand your excitement (we are excited too) in learning/reading about all the new, wonderful benefits we are anxious and elated to be able to offer our most loyal and valued Captain's Club members, please understand that we want to ensure we have all the details worked out before we release any information. Rest assured we are working diligently to provide you with some fantastic new offerings.

Thank you for your continued loyalty, and we all look forward to welcoming you back on-board one of our luxurious ships in the very near future !

I look forward to sharing the information with our Cruise Critic followers, and will be anxious to read your thoughts and postings in the very near future.

Stay tuned !

Signed: Not the Official Celebrity Poster

Woody

Edited by rwr235

The celebrity poster is a total joke...the person jumps in with haphazard posts that are then deleted when someone realizes how stupid they are like posting about Michael Bayley and the Red Sox while thousands were stranded in Alaska...they need to take a lesson from Azamara and Bill lieber

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It has been confirmed that all employees who are involved or need to know about Captains Club in the UK have now been fully briefed and trained about the changes. However they still aren't telling any agents any details yet!

Edited by danrad

Got my FB notice also.

Annemaria, hope they don't mess themselves up! They tend to leap before they check it out lately.

If they mess with my Elite status I'll be looking for another line. We have never, ever used RCI Diamond and don't care to but if Celebrity starts playing games, we're done.

I cruise for the places and ships, not the "perks" but messing with something that was always a nice thing might make us "reconsider" other options.

We'll see, should be interesting.

And Lois, you're right! Why this "mystery" roll-out unless things are drastically going to change.

Hope springs eternal:p

apparently, those on facebook. I don't see any sort of comment here from Celebrity. hmmm....has facebook trivialized cruise critic? I hope not.

Not trivialized, Celebrity is just more comfortable with the jargon of Twitter and Facebook - The language on Cruise Critic is basically English with words of more than two syllables [heaven fore-fend], together with well contracted sentences giving lucid and intelligent debate (well most of the time anyway), which the majority of Celebrity customer services people may have a problem with.

Darn....the problem with the web site is that they have bad URL's....not that the page is gone. The pointer to the page is malformed.

If you click on show select benefits, the URL that is used is:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&tab=captains_club_tier_classic%2Fcaptainsclub%2FmembershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename%3Dcaptains_club_tier_classic

but it should only be:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&tab=captains_club_tier_classic

It's just bad programming, not a precursor to the new plans......

Celebrity has bad programming on its site? I'm shocked, absolutely shocked.

Guess we will know soon but I fully expect the updated program to mirror that of RCI with days cruised in place of points and an added tier or two. I doubt anyone will lose their status. It just may take longer to reach the next level which happened to some on RCI when they when changed to the new system. I also don't see them taking away the RCI/Celebrity crossing of benefits. Regardless of what Celebrity does there will be some who will not be happy as you cannot please everyone.

apparently, those on facebook. I don't see any sort of comment here from Celebrity. hmmm....has facebook trivialized cruise critic? I hope not.

You spoke. We listened. Stay tuned! #CaptainsClub

You must have missed this.

(What does "stay tuned" mean? I'm one of the pessimists that thinks this will only leave us with less. ) :(

Edited by chamima