MS Prisendam Sail-Away-Nov 26, 2013

aliaschief

Kazu, it was Eastern Mediterranean in October of 2011; I only joined CC this Spring! Have learned so much since. :D I should start all over again with my travels.

Oh my heavens, we got on November 7, 2011 - probably when you got off and yes, code red at the beginning. Captain Gundersen really blasted the passengers who were not taking precautions. It worked - once we hit the TA portion, we were out of code red (thank heavens).

I mentioned it, was it two days ago the subject came up? And DH immediately emailed our TA and she's been back to me today, I thought it might be an idea just to see if there's a "Thanksgiving" sale!

Sheila mentioned that the Noordam is also doing that run in 2015. Another option...... I've never sailed on the Noordam.

Oh my heavens, we got on November 7, 2011 - probably when you got off and yes, code red at the beginning. Captain Gundersen really blasted the passengers who were not taking precautions. It worked - once we hit the TA portion, we were out of code red (thank heavens).

Amazing - yes, they were going to have a super clean-up when we disembarked in Civitavecchia. He was really annoyed when he caught it, too, and the CD. People were throwing up on busses, really badly behaved!

Azamara Quest is leaving from Miami.

Sheila mentioned that the Noordam is also doing that run in 2015. Another option...... I've never sailed on the Noordam.

We sailed on her before the drydock when they wrecked her - great ship then. I think the Westerdam (as much as we prefer smaller ships) would be our preference now. We had great service on her last time and the entertainment one night was very innovative :D

We sailed on her before the drydock when they wrecked her - great ship then. I think the Westerdam (as much as we prefer smaller ships) would be our preference now. We had great service on her last time and the entertainment one night was very innovative :D

Jacqui,

What do you mean by "when they wrecked her"? I have been on Noordam 3 times and really think she is the best of the Vistas or Signature Class ships. Considering a cruise this Winter on her, once again.

Jacqui,

What do you mean by "when they wrecked her"? I have been on Noordam 3 times and really think she is the best of the Vistas or Signature Class ships. Considering a cruise this Winter on her, once again.

ok, I could be wrong - but didn't they stick cabanas on the Noordam and add some cabins??? That cuts down on public space. Were you on her after the drydock when they made the changes?

The Noordam is a lovely ship...no qualms sailing her. We've sailed 62 days on her!

I was surprised to see that on the HAL schedule so she must not be doing the Med in 2015 but doing Alaska in the summer instead.

I have a TA from Barcelona booked on her for October and may do that FFL/Vancouver repositioning in 3/15. And not do the Caribbean in '15...kind of "done" with that.

Edited by innlady1

ok, I could be wrong - but didn't they stick cabanas on the Noordam and add some cabins??? That cuts down on public space. Were you on her after the drydock when they made the changes?

I think you are correct. I had forgotten that there had been some alterations in the area aft of the Crow's Nest.

The Noordam is a lovely ship...no qualms sailing her. We've sailed 62 days on her!

I was surprised to see that on the HAL schedule so she must not be doing the Med in 2015 but doing Alaska in the summer instead.

I have a TA from Barcelona booked on her for October and may do that FFL/Vancouver repositioning in 3/15. And not do the Caribbean in '15...kind of "done" with that.

I'll check out her itinerary. We sailed on an older Noordam, once long ago.