MS Prisendam Sail-Away-Nov 26, 2013

aliaschief

They couldn't coordinate the arrival of supplies better than this? :rolleyes:

I was going to suggest with Captain G there - the supplies better be top notch :D but perchance there is some problem getting them there???

don't know - but this is the latest departure I can remember in a long time.

Mind you, if I was onboard it would be ok;)

I could not agree more with this statement. If I was the Port Agent, I would be furious! Whatever company is responsible for this would have lost a customer, if I was the Port Agent.

Oh dear.....

departure time now showing as 2222. WOW. Probably will not be anyone up and about on the ship when she sails. :(

WHAT !!! That's an hour later here. No can do - sorry - both Mr. Marley and I need our sleep. He needs his to bug me and I need mine to rest up and be prepared for him in the morning :rolleyes:

You have to consider the terrible storms that have been plaguing the country. Snow, sleet, ice, torrential rainfalls. Maybe some vital parts/supplies have been delayed.

Edited by aliaschief

I have a feeling that it may not be supplies for the passengers but repair, technical supplies. There is no way that food, beverages, laundry and cleaning supplies wouldn't either be there in advance or at least be able to get to the ship from Miami. In spite of the storms and a big holiday our stores are all filled to provide stuff for a lot of people, this must be ship specific.

I may still be here - DH will want his dinner and then has to go to the AGM of his golf club, so possibly I will be around to watch. Sorry, Roy, your audience is drifting away!

I will keep my eye on things as long as I can but.....

11:30 is really pushing it for me here.

I only stay up late on the ships as DH has to work tomorrow ;)

In case, my thanks to Lou and Dave for the webcam

Thanks to Chief for starting this thread

and to the diehards here :D

I'll be back as long as I can but for now, Mr. Marley needs to be taken care of.

Roy, if you see this later - I hope to see you - best wishes for a fabulous voyage:D

I have a feeling that it may not be supplies for the passengers but repair, technical supplies. There is no way that food, beverages, laundry and cleaning supplies wouldn't either be there in advance or at least be able to get to the ship from Miami. In spite of the storms and a big holiday our stores are all filled to provide stuff for a lot of people, this must be ship specific.

This may well be an accurate view. There, earlier, seemed to be some radio traffic concerning some technical matters, i.e. electricians and someone(s) working in one of the lifeboats. It was difficult to determine if the radio traffic was between the Prinsendam Bridge and the technicians or if it was coming from another vessel.

I would hope that Roy, who is on the ship, will give us an up-date when he knows what is going on.

I'm going to have dinner with my wonderful wife, enjoy some time together, relax after a very busy volunteer day.

Plus prepare to head to my daughters home for Thanksgiving.

May all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, count your many Blessings (bet we can't count that high) and sign off.

Roy, I do hope your enjoying dinner and cruise. Sorry we missed you but Ship happens. Very well could be a technical problem that we have no reason to know about.

Bruce

Edited by aliaschief