Free Cruise is Back

WmFCoyote

Princess has announced that they have reinstated a 100% refund of January "Get Away" fares from LA and FL. They will give a credit for 100% of the fare on a future 7 day cruise. Is this a good deal?:)

not really fair as the overseas cruisers dont get nothing like that, they should do away with it or give it to everyone

Princess has announced that they have reinstated a 100% refund of January "Get Away" fares from LA and FL. They will give a credit for 100% of the fare on a future 7 day cruise. Is this a good deal?:)

I just got off the phone with Princess and plan on booking one of these cruises.

1) You must book by Dec 31, 2013

2) The cruise must be a Getaway Cruise (3-4 Day) departing from LA or Orlando in January 2014

3) The 100% credit is derived from the base fare you pay and does not include any taxes, tips, on board expenses etc.

4) The credit can only be used on cruises 7 days or longer

5) The credit must be used by 12-31-2014

Since we plan on booking a longer cruise for later in the year, any thing we pay for a January cruise ($499 each for a balcony) will credited towards the next cruise.

I would say that is a very good deal. Just make sure you plan on taking a 7+ day cruise sometime next year.

not really fair as the overseas cruisers dont get nothing like that, they should do away with it or give it to everyone

These aren't limited to residents of any area. Princess is not stopping you from booking. We are always seeing very low priced sailings from Florida. Rarely from California.

They only fire sale cruises when they aren't selling well. Mom and Sis went on the Golden last week and there was approx 1300 pax on her. She was sailing empty.

If filling the ship for so many short trips is so problematic that Princess is, in essence, giving away cruises ... look for Princess to shake it up a bit and revise itineraries for 2015, if not in 2014, with fewer and fewer shorter trips.

i'll admit, I haven't looked into this deal at all, just stumbled on this post while browsing.

I already have a Princess cruise booked for next year. I wonder if I did the getaway cruise in January if I could use the FCC for my already booked cruise later on next year, or if it has to be a brand new booking?

i'll admit, I haven't looked into this deal at all, just stumbled on this post while browsing.

I already have a Princess cruise booked for next year. I wonder if I did the getaway cruise in January if I could use the FCC for my already booked cruise later on next year, or if it has to be a brand new booking?

For the previous deals of this type (Octoer/November cruises) the future cruise did not have to be a new booking.

The ship used to be a destination for me but with the decline of the quality and selection of food, it really is not a place I want to go anymore just to be on the ship. Have booked a 12 day British isles cruise for August and that has great appeal because of where it goes and the food is ok, just ok.

Living in San Francisco, I would have to pay airfare to get to LA and then have the joy of visiting Ensenada. No thanks. There is nothing there but a really nice winery tour and I have already done that.

Santa Barbara? San Diego? Been there wouldn't take a cruise just to go there again. If the cruise went up the coast to Oregon and Washington, I would be very interested.

Such a good opportunity since we have a long cruise scheduled in May.

Question- just called Princess but they were close to closing and no one available to answer my question until tomorrow. The csr said that suites are not included. I don't see anything like that in the fine print. And some suites do come up when I go through the link. Anyone have any info?

Thanks for your help!

We booked one of these this afternoon: a 4 day cruise from LA that visits Santa Barbara. Since we have 2 other Princess cruises booked for next year, we knew it would be no problem to use the FCC! As such, we were able to book the owner's suite on our 4 day cruise. A fabulous suite and 2 cruise credits as we work toward elite status... a no brainer!

Our TA is giving us enough OBC to pay for tips and a couple of soda cards, so when factoring the taxes and such, the price difference between our cruise fare and the FCC they will give us is less than $100 pp. We figured 100 pp for a 4 day cruise in a suite was awesome, so we're there!

Yes, we'll have to drive down to San Pedro from SF Bay Area, but we've done it so many times that it's not a big deal for us.

According to their announcement, it can be applied to a previously booked cruise that hasn't been paid in full. That was how it worked on the previous offer, but that wasn't spelled out and initially caused quite a bit of confusion the first few days...actually a bit longer! When friends called to have their credit applied to their previously booked cruise last week, the agent said it couldn't be done. She discovered, after contacting the revenue department, that she was misinformed, and the credit was applied.

I would do that, too. Even Vancouver. Never been north. Wish it were an option!

I'm with you on this. There is a 10 day r/t out of Vancouver that goes as far south as Los Angeles. I truly wish they would do a similar one out of Los Angeles going to Vancouver and back.

Does not have to be a new booking, just one in 2014 that has not yet been paid in full.

I really want to take advantage of this, being from So CA, but just can't swing it right now, and might not even be able to vacay in 2014. :(

According to their announcement, it can be applied to a previously booked cruise that hasn't been paid in full. That was how it worked on the previous offer, but that wasn't spelled out and initially caused quite a bit of confusion the first few days...actually a bit longer! When friends called to have their credit applied to their previously booked cruise last week, the agent said it couldn't be done. She discovered, after contacting the revenue department, that she was misinformed, and the credit was applied.

Don't try to cut it too close. I looked into the previous offer, hoping to apply the FCC to my Jan. cruise since it hadn't reached final payment yet. My TA found out that they wouldn't be posting the FCC until after my final payment deadline, so I couldn't work the "free" cruise.

These aren't limited to residents of any area. Princess is not stopping you from booking. We are always seeing very low priced sailings from Florida. Rarely from California.

They only fire sale cruises when they aren't selling well. Mom and Sis went on the Golden last week and there was approx 1300 pax on her. She was sailing empty.

Pretty sure I read the fine print and its only open to usa canada and another country resident.

So on that basis it is somewhat unfair.

I believe as I read it, it applies to designated five day cruises out of Fort Lauderdale also, (as well as 3 and 4 day getaways) such as Ruby Jan. 13 departure. Could someone verify that?

Use the link in post #2.

Click on the box in the page that comes up to see which cruises this applies to.

The rules state:

"Fare offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer."

So it appears if you do not receive this e-mail, you cannot take advantage of it.