New Port of Call menus

pamrose228

Im also very intrigued by the Port Menu idea. Im sure for US ports they could still use a number of dishes from existing menus, but for the exotic locations its exciting to wonder what they might come.up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I think I might want to try the 7 day New England/Canada cruise with the PoC menu.

Boston- Clam Chowder, Lobster roll

maine- Fresh main whole lobster

Canada- Poutine

I love this new innovative idea for the menu but some ports will not be as easy to come up with ideas. For example what about Port Canaveral, can't imagine what the drink, appetizer and main dish would be. Any ideas?

Cuban Food? Seems like that is all we saw while in that area.

Edited by rhinomike

I think I might want to try the 7 day New England/Canada cruise with the PoC menu.

Boston- Clam Chowder, Lobster roll

maine- Fresh main whole lobster

Canada- Poutine

My husband would do this cruise, except I don't know what poutine is?

Poutine is a treat we have here in Canada. It is a plate of fries with cheese curds and gravy....yum! Now they have new versions--same as above but with chicken or pulled pork...yum yum yum!

Poutine is not really a dish. It is not served in restaurants but rather as junk food. In Quebec, there are several great restaurants that could compete with those of France.

I thought of that also but that would be Miami not PC.

Key West also would be a hard one.

Key West - conch fritters, coconut shrimp, KEY LIME PIE :)

Miami - Cuban food - plantains, Mojitos

Ummmm....I was just in Port Canaveral...it is actually more like "old Florida"...

lots of native Floridians, more "southern" than Fort Lauderdale or Miami

so ...I guess barbeque - southern food

beach food - very surfy place

or maybe it would be a "feast" night LOL

Key West - conch fritters, coconut shrimp, KEY LIME PIE :)

Miami - Cuban food - plantains, Mojitos

Ummmm....I was just in Port Canaveral...it is actually more like "old Florida"...

lots of native Floridians, more "southern" than Fort Lauderdale or Miami

so ...I guess barbeque - southern food

beach food - very surfy place

or maybe it would be a "feast" night LOL

I think conch fritters (or soup) would be more Bahamian than Kw. Coconut shrimp is perfect.

Another difficult one is Tampa.

Edited by pamrose228

It is a great thing to see adding choices. Hope quality does not wain.

Reading betwix and between the lines you do see the real reasons..eh..

Revenue Generation Increases!

Having Cocktails as most eateries do now on your tables when seated gives more of a chance people will order those ( "Profitable Glasses for all Classes "). Now the Wait Staff can take Drink Orders ( and hope they get the 15% Fee (Tip) too)!

With Port of Call changes it adds another cocktail/drink mixing source as well wine selection.. I wonder when the Bottled Water Selection comes now?

On food they will probably decrease the portion sizes as so many eateries have.. and even Groceries. Youall may have noticed the Half Gallon Ice Cream is only three pints now.. Even Breyers lost the name ice cream as the content has so little cream it is not allowed to be called that either.

I do compliment Carnival and its Culinary Carnivilization of all the Parent ( CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE ) Lines! It has great buyers doing it.

Variety in selection of appys and main dishes is a great way to benefit mutually them and us cruisers too.

Maybe they will be able to bring back the six piece band during dinners now..;)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I think conch fritters (or soup) would be more Bahamian than Kw. Coconut shrimp is perfect.

Another difficult one is Tampa.

Key West is the "Conch Republic" and those born there refer to themselves as "Conchs"

Hmmm.....Tampa - mall food, or chain restaurant food LOL>?

actually they have a large Greek Population nearby and some very good Greek food....

I doubt if every port will be covered...for instance here in Fort Lauderdale we might offer "early bird specials" or "wet tee shirt" specials or "belly shot" specials since those are the things that were made famous here <big evil grin>

Poutine is a treat we have here in Canada. It is a plate of fries with cheese curds and gravy....yum! Now they have new versions--same as above but with chicken or pulled pork...yum yum yum!

We saw poutine on the menu in Grand Turk.

We do the 3 & 4 day cruises out of LA.

Have not had good Mexican food on Carnival yet, including the Iguana place on the Conquest last month.

Do not want poi for Hawaii either. That stuff is an acquired taste.

Edited by SadieN

I love this new innovative idea for the menu but some ports will not be as easy to come up with ideas. For example what about Port Canaveral, can't imagine what the drink, appetizer and main dish would be. Any ideas?

Astronaut ice cream and Tang!

:cool:Bill

Living in Jacksonville..............I would suggest..

Fried or grilled Jumbo Shrimp.

Cole slaw with a vinegar base

or grits with cheese

Hush puppies

Baked Potato..French Fries or Onion rings.

Boiled spiced shrimp...served on buttered pasta.

Key Lime Pie with Lots of real Yellow Key Limes.

Glazed Ham. Sweet potatoes. Ambrosia. Cornbread.

A three layer southern Coconut Cake with lemon filling and White Seven Minute Icing.

Real Southern BBQ ribs. Best in the world.

Poutine is not really a dish. It is not served in restaurants but rather as junk food. In Quebec, there are several great restaurants that could compete with those of France.

It is a junk food but so good! I'm a pretty healthy eater, but would never turn down poutine.

Have American's really not caught on to this?!

Doesn't sound appetizing to this American....