Christmas e-mail

Krazy Kruizers

I also got the impression that they were talking about the next level being the Presidents Club -- which I understand is by invitation only???

KK I think the "invitation only" idea is from the fact that some pax who sail on reduced fares, such as interline for TAs and other travel buisness employees, are not eligible for President's Club.

KK I think the "invitation only" idea is from the fact that some pax who sail on reduced fares, such as interline for TAs and other travel buisness employees, are not eligible for President's Club.

Now that you mention it, I think you might be right. :)

Well I for one totally understand why HAL and other companies do what they do as for the Holiday Greetings. I rather liked the little video and I think you must understand the theme they were trying to portray. First off a good portion of the Northern Hemisphere is cold. I heard it snowed in Egypt yesterday. This was the first time in over 100 years :eek:

But the theme was wishing a WARM Holiday Moment. So the advertising is just for a moment to think about the Warm moment on the Deck of HAL enjoying the cabana. I for one totally get it. While a bit subliminal they want you to consider to book you next cruise to warm up ;)

Received mine yesterday telling me how many days left to achieve my next 5 star level. Just like the HAL Cats music was very LOUD. Would have much rather received pictures of a Christmas decorated atrium from a HAL ship - not a cabana.

Edited by solocanadian

Well I for one totally understand why HAL and other companies do what they do as for the Holiday Greetings. I rather liked the little video and I think you must understand the theme they were trying to portray. First off a good portion of the Northern Hemisphere is cold. I heard it snowed in Egypt yesterday. This was the first time in over 100 years :eek:

But the theme was wishing a WARM Holiday Moment. So the advertising is just for a moment to think about the Warm moment on the Deck of HAL enjoying the cabana. I for one totally get it. While a bit subliminal they want you to consider to book you next cruise to warm up ;)

But only 3 ships have the cabanas.

Interesting that people assume that a holiday greeting would be a Christmas greeting. I am happy to not receive a religious marketing message from Holland America.

I can understand your feelings. I just didn't care for the Cabana picture for a card -- JMO

That is why I mentioned about showing one of the atriums -- I didn't even suggest that it should be decorated.

Agreed. Very generic. Clearly they're afraid to acknowledge Christ's Birthday, yet they're not afraid to take advantage of the "holiday" to advertise.

How lame. :(

I totally agree,... isn't THAT the reason for the "Holiday"??? :)

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE.

Has anyone gotten their Christmas e-mail from HAL? We got ours today.

Very disappointed in it. Seasons Greetings and then a picture of either the Club Cabana or Retreat Cabana.

I would rather have seen a beautifully decorated area from any HAL ship.

Our Christmas card from Princess -- regular mail -- was much prettier.

I think they are trying to be "Polically Correct" so as not to offend anyone and in the process they are offending a lot more than they are pleasing.

That's what I wonder.

Same as you........ ours would come to 1400 days. I think it might mean President's Club. I really don't know though.

You are correct, President's club is the next level and it is 6 stars.

You need 1,400 days of SAILING days, any day credits (based on suite or expenses aboard) do not count towards this level and they are deducted from your total. There is only a handful of PC in the Mariners Society.

I hope this helps.

I think they are trying to be "Polically Correct" so as not to offend anyone and in the process they are offending a lot more than they are pleasing.

I don't see why HAL is offending anyone wishing them "Seasons Greetings". Christmas is a religious holiday and I don't send our non-Christian friends a Christmas card, but do send them a Seasons Greeting or Happy Holiday card. For those who I know celebrate Christmas I send a Christmas card. Why would I wish my Jewish friends Merry Christmas when they do not celebrate the birth of Christ? HAL couldn't possibly know or want to know the religious affiliation, if there even is one, of all their customers, so they wish all HH or SG. It is the holiday season, not necessarily a Christmas celebration, for all their pax. Why should that be offensive to anyone?

I don't see why HAL is offending anyone wishing them "Seasons Greetings". Christmas is a religious holiday and I don't send our non-Christian friends a Christmas card, but do send them a Seasons Greeting or Happy Holiday card. For those who I know celebrate Christmas I send a Christmas card. Why would I wish my Jewish friends Merry Christmas when they do not celebrate the birth of Christ? HAL couldn't possibly know or want to know the religious affiliation, if there even is one, of all their customers, so they wish all HH or SG. It is the holiday season, not necessarily a Christmas celebration, for all their pax. Why should that be offensive to anyone?

Well said!

There is a person who helps me throughout the year and I like to thank him at the Holidays. I know he does not celebrate any holiday at this time of year and have settled on writing a note wishing him and his family the best of good health in happiness as we turn the page to a new calendar. I give it to him just before New Years and say we all are starting a new year and he is never offended with the way I give him a bit of extra cash by this method.

There are ways to wish everyone something nice at this time of year withhout offending anyone.

Seasons Greetings seems innocuous enough? Perhaps the winter soltice is worth celebrating if not the fact we are alive to start the new year?

Brilliant post PfG; thanx for putting it all in perspective :)