Connie in Key West overnight (2 Threads Merged)

djh

That sure is much better than having to bus it the 189 miles from KW to PE.:)

That has never been a concern. For those of us onboard we were informed of the issue, the steps needed to fix it and reasons for the delays. The only people who discussed the bus ride were here on this thread, not the passengers actually onboard the Connie.

We had a wonderful cruise on one of Celebrity's best ships. Having to spend extra time in Key West wasn't much of a burden, in fact for us no burden.

Cruise Critic is a great tool for discussions about cruising. Every now and again, a thread takes on a life of its own as this one has. I guess it's just human nature.

That has never been a concern. For those of us onboard we were informed of the issue, the steps needed to fix it and reasons for the delays. The only people who discussed the bus ride were here on this thread, not the passengers actually onboard the Connie.

We had a wonderful cruise on one of Celebrity's best ships. Having to spend extra time in Key West wasn't much of a burden, in fact for us no burden.

Cruise Critic is a great tool for discussions about cruising. Every now and again, a thread takes on a life of its own as this one has. I guess it's just human nature.

Glad you enjoyed the wonderful Connie. Your positive attitude is refreshing.

No problem, Emmy. I also learned of another contigent this morning. Any longer, and they were going to have to bus people to FL. Without being able to dump, the tanks can only hold so much.... ;)

Maybe there wasn't a discussion among the passengers but it appears it was discussed between ship's staff and local officials.

Maybe there wasn't a discussion among the passengers but it appears it was discussed between ship's staff and local officials.

You are correct, robtulipe. The discussion was between Celebrity and the USCG. It was a contigent plan. the passengers were not involved, nor was their any real reason for them to be.

I just disembarked from Connie a few hours ago....it was a GREAT cruise...yes we were "stuck" in Key West...one of the premier tourist areas in the US....that was really "horrible" ....not.....

All power worked fine, the crew was wonderful...the ship LOOKS great, what a great job they did on the dry dock last spring....new AQUA rooms on 11th deck are WONDERFUL.....and Blu is great as always...

I know some were disappointed they didn't get to Cozumel....we didn't care...stuff happens and X handled it very nicely.....will be happy to book back on any "M" class again.....

Have NO idea about "planned protests" or anything like that....we listened to what the Captain had to say about the problem and went about having a great time.....can't be bothered with "protesting" for goodness sake we were on a ship in a great resort town.......sometimes there are problems.... this was one of those times but it did not detract IN ANY WAY to our enjoyment!!! Can't wait to book Connie again!!!:D:)

I just disembarked from Connie a few hours ago....it was a GREAT cruise...yes we were "stuck" in Key West...one of the premier tourist areas in the US....that was really "horrible" ....not.....

All power worked fine, the crew was wonderful...the ship LOOKS great, what a great job they did on the dry dock last spring....new AQUA rooms on 11th deck are WONDERFUL.....and Blu is great as always...

I know some were disappointed they didn't get to Cozumel....we didn't care...stuff happens and X handled it very nicely.....will be happy to book back on any "M" class again.....

Have NO idea about "planned protests" or anything like that....we listened to what the Captain had to say about the problem and went about having a great time.....can't be bothered with "protesting" for goodness sake we were on a ship in a great resort town.......sometimes there are problems.... this was one of those times but it did not detract IN ANY WAY to our enjoyment!!! Can't wait to book Connie again!!!:D:)

Hi Gracie:) thanks for your input and glad you had a good time.

I haven't sailed Constellation in a long, long time.....will have to get

back on her one of these days.

Hi Gracie:) thanks for your input and glad you had a good time.

I haven't sailed Constellation in a long, long time.....will have to get

back on her one of these days.

Hi Lois!

We had a great time! We were on Connie last April before the drydock and had fun then too but she was looking tired...not anymore, looks 10 years younger and has a great crew! :)

Did anyone get photos to post of the fun on Mallory Pier for Sunset?

-Marisa

Hi to the 12/14 Connie roll call gang! Hope you're all having a good time, stuck in Key West <G>. Sorry you won't be making it to Cozumel, but I know how many of you wanted to spend more time in Key West anyway. Turbine problems or not, I'd still rather be on that ship with y'all, but I obviously had to cancel.

Cub Fan, Rhonda and Bob... If you're reading this, I wish I could have met you. We too, live in Buffalo Grove. You left just in time to miss our lovely cold, snowy, and blustery weather.

Cindy and Grant... I didn't see your name anywhere (George filled us in on the refugee board), but if you're reading this anyway, we miss you, and would have loved to see you again!

Sorry you missed the cruise. We are back and cold and we relaxed. Thanks for the shout-out.

to all who were on the constellation and missed cozumel on this cruise, trust me, you didn't miss anything. i was on the silhouette and was going to meet constellation in port that day. it POURED. so chances are weather was better in nassau! i would have rather gone there!

hope others who WERE disappointed read your post....I was NOT disappointed at all...and even more so now...:)