Price already up on Pinnacle Grill

Krazy Kruizers

[quote name='Typhoon1']I don't know of any land based restaurants you can get that quality of food and service for $29.00 pp,

Dinner for two would easily be in the hundred dollar range.[/QUOTE]

True but don't forget you have already paid for dinner in the MDR. Not sure what value you assign to that, certainly not $70 so your point is still valid. What the new pricing has done is basically take away most of our three star discount.

Hello fellow cruisers !

As I browsed in the HA Site for purchases for my next cruise in July, I was surprised to see that some prices were striped red and they indicated that the Promo Code applied.
I do not understand why. I am only 3 stars and I never asked for specific code.
Still it is a good news.

Merry Christmas to all !

Holacanada from Quebec City Edited by holacanada

[quote name='GeriatricNurse'][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Frequently, I go to a (family owned) restaurant just a five minute walk down the street from where I live & can order a large steak or king-cut prime rib, along with a salad, large baked potato & vegetables for $20![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]

I am shocked that you walked past the McDonald's $1 deal. :rolleyes:

[quote name='mariner']For what it's worth, New Year's Eve dinner at the restaurant owned by Le Cirque's sons in NYC is $395 per person, plus beverages, tax and tip.[/quote]
You do get some pretty nice food though for the price. I'm not sure it's $395 good though. I admit that $150-200 per person is the max I've really ever spent on a good meal. :)

Blue Point Oyster with Caviar
[COLOR=dimgray]Northern Lights* Caviar [/COLOR]

Lobster Salad "Le Cirque"
[COLOR=dimgray]avocado, haricots vert, grapefruit, truffle vinaigrette[/COLOR]

White Truffle Risotto
[COLOR=dimgray]Vialone Nano rice[/COLOR]

Duo of Wagyu Beef
[COLOR=dimgray]short rib strudel, rib eye, foie gras sabayon[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]-or-[/COLOR]
Paupiette of Black Bass "Le Cirque"
[COLOR=dimgray]leeks, Rocca di Frassinello sauce[/COLOR]

Symphony of Dessert Edited by sherilyn70

[quote name='mudscraper']So true. The hash browns are to die for![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Don't forget the Moons over my hammy...................oh wait, that's a different eating establishment:cool: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sherilyn70']You do get some pretty nice food though for the price. I'm not sure it's $395 good though. I admit that $150-200 per person is the max I've really ever spent on a good meal. :)

Blue Point Oyster with Caviar
[COLOR=dimgray]Northern Lights* Caviar [/COLOR]

Lobster Salad "Le Cirque"
[COLOR=dimgray]avocado, haricots vert, grapefruit, truffle vinaigrette[/COLOR]

White Truffle Risotto
[COLOR=dimgray]Vialone Nano rice[/COLOR]

Duo of Wagyu Beef
[COLOR=dimgray]short rib strudel, rib eye, foie gras sabayon[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]-or-[/COLOR]
Paupiette of Black Bass "Le Cirque"
[COLOR=dimgray]leeks, Rocca di Frassinello sauce[/COLOR]

Symphony of Dessert[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]My mouth is watering reading this menu.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote]

<snip>

Duo of Wagyu Beef
short rib strudel, rib eye, foie gras sabayon

<snip>
[/quote]

[B] This is weird

What is short rib strudel and isn't
'sabayon' an Italian pudding like dessert?

I know what a short rib is and I know what strudel is and all I can imagine is they are making a 'wellilngton like' packet with a short rib? Hope it is at least boneless? With a foie gras sabayon like wellington layer? :D

[/B] Edited by sail7seas

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]When Aliaschief returned from his Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, he reported that the price of the Pinnacle Grill was going up to $29 beginning on Dec 28.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Well -- I just finished making a couple of reservations and the new price is already in place.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I am surprised as when we are onboard it is usually empty.

[quote name='Jade13']I am surprised as when we are onboard it is usually empty.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - when we were on the Prinsendam, within two days they were totally sold out (unless you wanted to eat at 9 pm:p)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I was wondering about something.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I know that some TA's have been giving Pinnacle Grill dinner gifts. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I wonder now that the price has been increased, will they continue to do so? Or will they maybe give Pinnacle lunch gifts or Canaletto? Things are getting tough everywhere.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]We used to have some small family restaurants around here where everything except the dessert was included and the prices were reasonable.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]One burned down and the rest closed their door. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Now we have left Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell -- all fast food places.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That is just terrible. I am not even sure the remaining establishments you identify actually sell food as I understand the meaning of the term.

I have no problems with the surcharges in the alternate venues on board. When you are on a vacation a few dollars here or there, for us, is trumped by the dining experience. I can understand others hold different views.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I was wondering about something.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I know that some TA's have been giving Pinnacle Grill dinner gifts. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I wonder now that the price has been increased, will they continue to do so? Or will they maybe give Pinnacle lunch gifts or Canaletto? Things are getting tough everywhere.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Btw signs for the Pinnacle do say $29 but lunch is still $10

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

[quote name='world~citizen']That is just terrible. I am not even sure the remaining establishments you identify actually sell food as I understand the meaning of the term.

I have no problems with the surcharges in the alternate venues on board. When you are on a vacation a few dollars here or there, for us, is trumped by the dining experience. I can understand others hold different views.[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]The bad economy in many areas is hitting area. Unemployment rate in our area is higher than the national unemployment.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]We don't mind paying higher prices -- but finding decent restaurants is getting harder and harder.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS']Btw signs for the Pinnacle do say $29 but lunch is still $10

Sent from my iPhone using [URL="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1"]Tapatalk[/URL][/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]That is why I am wondering if TA's will stop giving Pinnacle dinners for gifts.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]$20 for a couple is cheaper than $58. And many travel agencies just can't afford the higher prices as it cuts into commissions and profits.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]The bad economy in many areas is hitting area. Unemployment rate in our area is higher than the national unemployment.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]We don't mind paying higher prices -- but finding decent restaurants is getting harder and harder.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Exactly. The premium for a venue like the PG might be even more moot in your case, and for that matter mine - though we have slightly better dining establishments here.

Not that we will be sailing anytime in the foreseeable future, as our bird has been restored to health and vigour. It is amazing that a 100 gram feathered creature could ground two healthy adults at prime travelling age.:D

Happy New Year to you.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]We used to have some small family restaurants around here where everything except the dessert was included and the prices were reasonable.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]One burned down and the rest closed their door. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Now we have left Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell -- all fast food places.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I think I would move.

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] This is weird

What is short rib strudel and isn't
'sabayon' an Italian pudding like dessert?

I know what a short rib is and I know what strudel is and all I can imagine is they are making a 'wellilngton like' packet with a short rib? Hope it is at least boneless? With a foie gras sabayon like wellington layer? :D
[/B][/QUOTE]

That does sound weird on paper. I'm sure it works out much better conceptually. I would imagine the first part is a short rib in a flaky pastry. The second is the ribeye with a fois gras custard sauce. It's beef two ways so that means two separate but complimentary items on the same plate.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

[quote name='mariner']The menu the person posted is from The Pierre's New Year's Eve party, which costs less than Sirio. They're hor d's, so yes, it's short ribs topped with frois gras a la beef wellington.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you are referring to, but that is the 2013 New Year's Eve menu for Le cirque New York. It is a full tasting menu and not hor derves. I'd suggest you look at their website.
[url]http://lecirque.com/menu_locu[/url]

Pierre's is a about 75% cheaper and is not a tasting menu.
[url]http://www.pierresbridgehampton.com/docs/NewYearsSecond.pdf[/url]

Sirio's late seating is the same price as Le Cirque but is not a tasting menu.
[url]http://siriony.com/menulocu/[/url] Edited by sherilyn70

[quote name='mariner']The menu you posted is the same for Two-E, the bar in The Pierre. You could google same as well. $195 general. $275 if you'd like to reserve a table. Sirio costs much more for an Italian menu.[/QUOTE]

That's why the dishes have the words Le Cirque in them I suppose. :) I'd suggest you Google it or click on the links I provided.