Princess took my Cabin away after I made final payment.

land lover

EXACTLY why I book E731!!! Although my booking is marked for "no upgrade" I will be checking it every day.

Princess' upgrade procedure needs some tweaking since this situation seems to come up more often than it should!

You shouldn't have to check every day. It's entirely possible that the original people who booked the cabin had a no upgrade on the cabin and someone at Princess messed up. It's tough for the OP, but those are the breaks. It's not worth more fighting over a few more square feet on a balcony. What they should do is consider that cabin and its twin on the port side to be in the highest mini suite class and that would put an end to all of the games.

I agree! I would continue fighting for that cabin. It is my preferred cabin!

Hi "Coral" it's been awhile...anymore river cruises? we did a Christmas Market on the Danube last year, it snowed, it was wonderful.

I think my fight is gone....simply stated

if Coral's TA or Princess made a mistake she would have gotten E731 back because she has many more sail days with Princess than I do....and that is what this really came down to...

Let's just say my 75 days got trumped by a client with 400 days....

Princess made a good business choice....I don't blame them..

I just think when I have made final payment, prior to the other pax that the cabin is mine!

Edited by land lover

I still don't think I understand how OP got the cabin yo begin with? Did you see it was available and call Princess and ask to be assigned into it? YES was it just the random cabin you were assigned to, and you liked it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

And after having it assigned to me I had it until I made my final payment about 3 weeks later.

My thought was and it makes sense for all of us who have cruised for years, someone had a deposit on a much desired cabin and pulled out a few weeks before final payment.

Tons of people secure desired cabins with their $100 future deposits right when the sailings come out.

Or maybe, like many of us, they never looked at their cabin assignment again until final payment time and that's when it came to their attention that they had been switched. You don't know. OP doesn't know and neither do the rest of us. As you say, maybe you are just being cynical by implying that the original bookers of E731 are weasels.

There are many scenarios that can play out...as u say we don't have all the "facts"...but I have been given many incorrect "facts" by princess,

which adds fuel to my fire.

The fact is I purchased a product...I had not accepted delivery on it, someone came in and said I had that product first, I want it back and the merchant decided to sell it to them too and gave me a less choice product without even informing me.

and the Biggest fact of all is they value another client and their TA over me ...I accept that.....just wish they would be straight with me....

Edited by land lover

There are many scenarios that can play out...as u say we don't have all the "facts"...but I have been given many incorrect "facts" by princess,

The fact is I purchased a product...I had not accepted delivery on it, someone came in and said I had that product first, I want it back and the merchant decided to sell it to them too and gave me a less choice product without even informing me.

I would also feel shafted in your situation and think Princess needs to make this right. Since calling has gotten you nowhere, is there time to send a letter (priority or express)? Don't know what options they have regarding available staterooms, but there certainly are other things they could do.

Hi "Coral" it's been awhile...anymore river cruises? we did a Christmas Market on the Danube last year, it snowed, it was wonderful.

I think my fight is gone....simply stated

if Coral's TA or Princess made a mistake she would have gotten E731 back because she has many more sail days with Princess than I do....and that is what this really came down to...

Let's just say my 75 days got trumped by a client with 400 days....

Princess made a good business choice....I don't blame them..

I just think when I have made final payment, prior to the other pax that the cabin is mine!

Not necessarily sure if my TA could have pulled it off, because, as you stated, we don't know all the facts. It could be a VIP who wanted/had that cabin.

I would possibly take a different approach and say if you can't have that cabin, you want one with a balcony that is equal to that cabin. That leaves only 3 other mini suites (2 are probably undesirable) and then the suites. Not sure if there are any suites available on your sailing. If there are, maybe ask for "an upsell" to a suite as a compromise. The upsells will cost a few hundred but for a suite, it would be worth it IMO.

No river cruises for me lately :( The Christmas Markets is definitely on my list! I am hoping for a land trip to Europe in the future.

Good luck! I agree with those who say that the reservation system needs work. Princess could have handled this entirely different - they could have contacted you and offered an incentive to downgrade or to take a different cabin (sort of like a move over offer).

Edited by Coral

I always check my personalizer and make sure I am still in my cabin.

Three days before a recent cruise, my cabin got changed. No notification to my TA or me. I had marked my cabin, no upgrade since I was on a B2B and didn't want to move cabins. However, the new cabin was a mini suite (I had a Caribe balcony booked) so I took it. Was hoping I could get upgraded to same cabin for the second leg but it didn't happen. Had I not checked, it would have been a big surprise when I boarded the ship.

In my case, it was fine.

I think OP got the shaft however. Don't think Princess did the right thing by them. Doesn't matter what the circumstances or days with Princess, too much time went by and OP got it when it was posted as available. If Princess took the cabin away from someone after final payment, they should at least get another upgrade or OBC as an apology.

It was the end of Oct. E731 became available shortly after I booked roughly 3-4 weeks b4 final payment. So I had it for a few weeks, made final payment with it and then 2 days later it was given back to the person who had it before....so they did not notice the change in their cabin until the final paymentdate.

Certainly it is possible they had booked a year out, maybe it was marked do not upgrade...I don't know, is all I know now is I was not informed about the change and discovered it a week later.

Thank you for posting your situation.

I did the same thing, we booked E726 on the Crown for 4/12/14 in October, last week noticed E730 became available, switched to that cabin and informed the rep to mark it no upgrade as I did my previous cabin.

I will be watching my booking carefully but we don't make final payment until 1/27/14.

Best of luck to you in getting it resolved to your satisfaction! :)

I was thinking the same thing.....:):):)

Bob

rdsqrl and Bob...

I agree I believe a TA would do this.... sometimes people are upgraded to a suite from an AA prior to final payment... as I have stated I lost the cabin on final payment day at 10:05am in the morning.

Edited by land lover

Did you book with a TA? If you noted "no upgrade".......you should not be moved for any reason. that's a bump. If Princess needed your cabin, you should be notified and given options. I have always been contacted before a move.....unless it's an upgrade and I didn't note "no upgrade".....believe me....that doesn't happen often and I have lots of cruises.

A travel agent should be able to go to bat for you. If not, I would be asking for a Princess supervisor. Days at sea or many cruises should not come into play at all. I hope that you find a solution to make your cruise a good experience.

Alice

Did you book with a TA? If you noted "no upgrade".......you should not be moved for any reason. that's a bump. If Princess needed your cabin, you should be notified and given options. I have always been contacted before a move.....unless it's an upgrade and I didn't note "no upgrade".....believe me....that doesn't happen often and I have lots of cruises.

A travel agent should be able to go to bat for you. If not, I would be asking for a Princess supervisor. Days at sea or many cruises should not come into play at all. I hope that you find a solution to make your cruise a good experience.

Alice

Alice S...really? Panama 2006? Our thread is still going?Lori, Gail and Mary do I have the right Alice?..........return of your bag at the airport...cute pineapple cover up...

If not this post sounds like u.....

If you don't mind having your name on the Princess FB page, I would definitely try there (I would suggest leaving off the date and maybe even the details. Just be brief and ask for a direct phone number for you to call or a name/email to contact). Tell them you were told you can't speak to a supervisor, which doesn't seem right at all. If they can't get your original cabin but you have something in writing that you had booked this with the "no upgrade" request, they need to resolve this in a better way.

IMO, as I said before, if offering people an upgrade, their original cabin shouldn't go back into inventory until Princess knows for sure they are accepting the upgrade. I don't understand why that would be difficult to do. Many people have a reason to mark their booking no upgrade and that should be honored or an offer should be made to booked passengers to see if they want to move without actually being moved without their say so.

I always mark my cabin no upgrades, however Princess has changed it twice on me any way. Fortunately, I noticed right away and was able to get my original cabin back. Their idea of an upgrade isn't my idea of one in both cases.

I hope I don't find myself in your shoes one day 'cause there will be a lot of yelling going on. :eek:

I've had e731 on the Sapphire, but I wold be equally happy with any of the AD minis, have had several. I really wasn't a big fan of e731 like many are. It was nice, but it certainly wasn't much better than the other ones in that section except for the extra large balcony which was way more than we needed:eek:

Edited by 4cats4me

Princess seems to be often careless with cabins going back into the system, you can sometimes grab a cabin that is already being wait-listed for. If you do, my experience is that Princess will let you keep it.

I think they work on the principle of "least offense". They'd rather be unfair to the waiting list (who might never know it) than tick off a customer who grabbed a cabin.

In this thread, Princess is in a situation where they will anger a customer either way. I quite understand their position that "we have to make this decision and we're sticking to it". I think it is sensible. We'd be just as sympathetic to the people who lost their cabin temporarily due to an unwanted upgrade.

and the Biggest fact of all is they value another client and their TA over me ...I accept that.....just wish they would be straight with me....

I don't disagree with you at all. Princess screwed up and someone was going to be unhappy with the result and it was you. I believe they should have given you some extra perk to make up for the misunderstanding.

Alice S...really? Panama 2006? Our thread is still going?Lori, Gail and Mary do I have the right Alice?..........return of your bag at the airport...cute pineapple cover up...

If not this post sounds like u.....

Yep, it's me.... the pineapple thing is long gone, but I'm still here. I'll check in on that thread.

Now, did you use a TA?

I've had e731 on the Sapphire, but I wold be equally happy with any of the AD minis, have had several. I really wasn't a big fan of e731 like many are. It was nice, but it certainly wasn't much better than the other ones in that section except for the extra large balcony which was way more than we needed:eek:

We really liked the extra part of the balcony - for us, that is the perk. We used it extensively on several cruises until the new furniture was on the balcony on our last B2B2B. Thankfully, our room steward was able to grab some furniture from the suites that wasn't needed. On our last trip, we were in Alaska and used the balcony extensively. If it was a sailing that wasn't as scenic, I would agree that the other Emerald ADs cabins are pretty good but on a cruise where I use the balcony a lot or have people over - I do love the larger balcony.

We really liked the extra part of the balcony - for us, that is the perk. We used it extensively on several cruises until the new furniture was on the balcony on our last B2B2B. Thankfully, our room steward was able to grab some furniture from the suites that wasn't needed. On our last trip, we were in Alaska and used the balcony extensively. If it was a sailing that wasn't as scenic, I would agree that the other Emerald ADs cabins are pretty good but on a cruise where I use the balcony a lot or have people over - I do love the larger balcony.

I love the large balcony and we do use it. But we also like having a partial view of the wake and no aft neighbors. If it isn't available, I would do any of the other ADs.

Yep, it's me.... the pineapple thing is long gone, but I'm still here. I'll check in on that thread.

Now, did you use a TA?

No, i did not...main reason

Wanted to have control of the booking incase another cabin which I would prefer becomes available, which it did. Usually if I have the cabin I know I want to kept it goes straight to my TA.

So the fact of the matter is .....I really made final payment because I wanted to try out E731, otherwise I might have canceled. This is a cruise I can drive to the port, was just a fun inexpensive cruise, so no big deal if I did cancel. However, I did have a relative that was planning to book until this problem.

Also on most of my Princess sailings I have had AFt/Stern cabins.

The tiered set up of some princess ships just does not work for me.

Only a handful of mini-suites on Emerald deck are covered...bingo! thats what I want...also I want to see the water below....so even an upgrade to an AA would not please me.

Edited by land lover

No, i did not...main reason

Wanted to have control of the booking incase another cabin which I would prefer becomes available, which it did. Usually if I have the cabin I know I want to kept it goes straight to my TA.

So the fact of the matter is .....I really made final payment because I wanted to try out E731, otherwise I might have canceled. This is a cruise I can drive to the port, was just a fun inexpensive cruise, so no big deal if I did cancel. However, I did have a relative that was planning to book until this problem.

Also on most of my Princess sailings I have had AFt/Stern cabins.

The tiered set up of some princess ships just does not work for me.

Only a handful of mini-suites on Emerald deck are covered...bingo! thats what I want...also I want to see the water below....so even an upgrade to an AA would not please me.

I guess the only thing to do now is to go and enjoy the cabin you received or continue to pursue the issue with Princess. Either a nice OBC or a transfer to another cruise with that stateroom, etc.

I don't disagree with you at all. Princess screwed up and someone was going to be unhappy with the result and it was you. I believe they should have given you some extra perk to make up for the misunderstanding.

I know you didn't, you are looking at it the same way I am.....

AS we all know it is all in the approach......

I have spoken to 3 different CR reps..and the first one told me there was no supervisor or anyone higher to talk to and decision was final...did make some offers, but just didn't make me feel like she cared....and second one was even worse and gave me an utimative...if you are going to cancel you have to do it by 5pm tomorrow night and I am going to denote that on your booking.....the third had the best approach wanted to satisfy me, gave me more info to why the change was made and we looked at other options, she also had to go and speak to a supervisor...What?..how is that possible? the first Customer Relations rep said she was the end of the line.

I still might cancel and the only option I see for me right now is to downgrade to an AFt balcony...

Edited by land lover

I guess the only thing to do now is to go and enjoy the cabin you received or continue to pursue the issue with Princess. Either a nice OBC or a transfer to another cruise with that stateroom, etc.

So true.....however the ship board credit offered was 25 anything larger must me okayed by a "supervisor"......;).

When I was looking for unique cabins on Sapphire..I had seen your positive remarks about this cabin. But one question I have for you or anyone who has had E731, as the last CR I spoke to said it was fixed twin is this correct? They had me booked with it as queen and I believe that is the case.

From experience and CC so many of us know far more about the ships and cabins than the reps or TA's do...and I certainly don't expect them to know everything...but when I ask questions...I don't want their best guess I want accurate info...many will check, others will not.

Edited by land lover