Key Lime Pie on Caribbean itineraries?

Does anyone have recent knowledge of key lime pie being served on Caribbean itineraries with RCI?

I'm a sucker for even the most processed/from the freezer key lime pie (as long as it's not sugar free!) when on vacation, and will be on Serenade this Saturday for the Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel 7 night trip.

Thanks!

Me too, I love key lime pie in any form. I had it on my Feb FOS cruise. I also asked for it on another night that I did not see it on the menu and our waiter found it for me. If you ever stop at Key West, my favorite is chocolate covered frozen key lime pie on a stick and key lime BBQ sauce.

It was on all 3 of our latest Caribbean itineraries, Explorer, Enchantment, and Grandeur.

Take note that it's not only in the MDR but also in other food venues around the ship - we found it in both the Park Cafe and Windjammer..so if you want more, it's out there for those who look.

We've had Key Lime Pie on the last night of every itinerary we've cruised.

Great, we have too, but I can't speak for all future sailings or past ones I have not done.

Example, escargotgate

Edited by setsail

My husband loves key lime pie, so we're always on the look out for it too. We were on the 9 night Serenade sailing 12Dec-21Dec. I cannot recall exactly which night (but I know for sure it was not the last night), but they did offer it in the main dining room.

I will warn you that only the sugar free key lime pie was offered in the dining room. My husband almost didn't order it because sugar free desserts sometimes aren't so tasty and he expected a "regular" version to be offered another night. He ordered it as a second dessert just to give it a try. He was very glad that he did because it was absolutely delicious - he swears it could not have been sugar free - and because it was not offered again in any version in the main dining room.

That night after dinner, we went to the Windjammer and got a couple of pieces to keep in the fridge in the room for a snack the next day. They offered key lime pie at the dessert station in the Windjammer another day at lunch, but I can't remember if it was the next day after it was in the dining room or a day or two later.

Edited by soccermommie

Does anyone have recent knowledge of key lime pie being served on Caribbean itineraries with RCI?

I'm a sucker for even the most processed/from the freezer key lime pie (as long as it's not sugar free!) when on vacation, and will be on Serenade this Saturday for the Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel 7 night trip.

Thanks!

I'm with you 100%! I can also vouch for what others have said in that on our March FOS cruise it was indeed on the MDR menu on night 7.

Also, what I haven't seen mentioned yet is that if your ship has a Sorrento's, they rotate through different dessert cups each, and one of them is a Key Lime Pie mousse which was awesome as well. I had one of those 2-3 times during the week.

We will be on FOS next month and I will be sure to ask for it in the MDR on night 2-3 and hopefully they will be able to "see what they can do"... :)

I don't know if I would base an entire vacation on a dessert..

You are not a key lime pie fan :). The OP is sailing in 4 days and just asked if anyone know if it was served. I seriously doubt they based their trip on the key lime pie availability.

You are not a key lime pie fan :). The OP is sailing in 4 days and just asked if anyone know if it was served. I seriously doubt they based their trip on the key lime pie availability.

I love it. It is a pain to make from scratch, but I have done it a couple times.

I wasn't really serious with my response, just like to add the first thing I was thinking when I read it....

I don't know if I would base an entire vacation on a dessert..

I am a dietitian and a foodie... All of my vacations and enjoyment in life are based on food, especially the 'naughty' stuff :)

Actually we're only cruising for a friend's wedding, but the key lime pie will add a little more pizzaz and excitement, it sounds like!

My cruising 'Key Lime Pie" story...

My husband LOVED Key Lime Pie... he never cared much for any other dessert... but if it was Key Lime Pie... watch your hands!! One our first cruise together on the Grandeur... the first night in the dining room they served Key Lime Pie... and he was in heaven. The second night... it wasn't on the menu but he asked for it... and it appeared. Every night after that there was at least one piece (if not more) of Key Lime Pie.

On our next cruise... first night out... not on the menu he asks for Key Lime Pie. With great apologies... including a visit to the table from the dining room manager.. there was not a piece to be had. My hubby laughed... and didn't order another dessert (remember... he's no big dessert person). But the next night.. sitting on our table is a FULL Key Lime Pie. We all laughed... and all had Key Lime Pie. Throughout that cruise... every night... a Key Lime Pie. One night it was delivered to the table by the pastry chef himself!! I have to say that our table and the tables around us were delighted!!

On our many cruises after that... he would do the same thing... First night out... ask for Key Lime Pie... most times he would get his pie. It became a running joke as we made friends with chefs and dining room staff. One of our cruises... first night out... here sat a key lime pie for Robert... his name on it!! Same server and dining room manager as a cruise we took a few weeks earlier!!

Unfortunately, my husband died last Christmas... but the first cruise I took afterwards our waiter remembered us... and asked about his "Key Lime Pie man"... This wonderful man and his son at our table immediately said... WE LOVE KEY LIME PIE!! I shared this story with our table... and our waiter laughed and laughed... he was our assistant waiter on the Grandeur... The next night at dinner... our table mates all shared one last Key Lime Pie, in honor of Robert.. "The Key Lime Pie Man"!

Funny how a little piece of key lime pie can bring back such wonderful memories...

I love it. It is a pain to make from scratch, but I have done it a couple times.

I wasn't really serious with my response, just like to add the first thing I was thinking when I read it....

Seriously, it's the easiest thing to make. Buy a bottle of Nellie and Joe's key lime juice and follow the recipe on the bottle. Easy, peasy.