Would you sail Carnival if....

dmarie1623

There was no loyalty program? Not eliminated or altered, just from the get-go no loyalty program. The prices, food, entertainment etc., all remain the same.

Please don't turn this into an argument over FTTF. ;)

Since there is a loyalty program and probably will be for the foreseeable future, it's a mute point.

There was no loyalty program? Not eliminated or altered, just from the get-go no loyalty program. The prices, food, entertainment etc., all remain the same.

You mean, kinda like it is now?

I cruised with Carnival for twenty years before there was a loyalty program, so yes, I would still sail with them if there was no program. It's what I'm used to anyway!! I don't sail for the perks, but I do enjoy what I do get now, though it took me 17 cruises to "earn" it!! All the petty complaining just makes me shake my head.....

I don't think Carnival even has a loyalty to entice people to sail with them. In the past, I used to think the low rates vs what one got was sufficient.

Then they launched their program, which was kind of an insult compared to other lines programs. The best and only perk we used was the easy on easy off, although it took them a while before they even got that right.

And as far as the other lines, I just felt their customers were paying for that with the fares.

But as those lines increased the experience, while Carnival decreased their experience, they should have padded the perks. Not only didn't they do that; they took some things away, and built in a new tier.

So now, Carnival is a generic no frills line with a poor loyalty program. The answer was easy for us.

At some point cruisers will realize that Carnival is targeting new cruisers with their Carnival brand.

Loyalty program is a joke. Suites are a joke. Targeting new cruisers is probably a good business decision. They have other brands to target seasoned cruisers.

We are ready to go on our 15th Cruise, all Carnival.

While I am always curious about other cruiselines it is usually prices and value that gets us to come back time and time again.

For a family vacation, you can't beat it.

But we do look EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

We do enjoy our Platinum benefits - it is just part of the value equation now.

Catrin

Great post. Totally agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely - loyalty programs mean nothing to me because I don't intend to stick with one cruise line. I don't want to limit myself that way. When I look for cruises I look at all lines and all the options that are out there. I have 2 with Carnival (another booked), 2 with RCI and 1 with Celebrity and NCL and am now looking at Princess for 2015.

I truly think that those who buy into the loyalty programs and think that "diamond" or "platinum" is worth achieving are losing out on opportunities for really great cruises with the other lines.

I will continue to sail Carnival as long as I feel that I am getting a good value for my money.

At some point cruisers will realize that Carnival is targeting new cruisers with their Carnival brand.

Loyalty program is a joke. Suites are a joke. Targeting new cruisers is probably a good business decision. They have other brands to target seasoned cruisers.

So agree.

Yes, I would.

We became Platinum last year and did enjoy the few perks we received. We are sticking with Carnival as long as the prices remain low like they have been. So far we haven't been bothered by any of the cutbacks, but that could change if they continue to cut back on things.

Interesting question and responses. We have been Platinum for 9 years and next week will be our first Diamond cruise. It took us so long because we have sailed with other lines so often. Positively loved all the cruise lines we were on, would not trade one day for any perk they offered us. I have wondered what all the cruise lines will do with so many past guests making it to the top tier. Only have 4 more cruises to our Milestone level cruise with Carnival but then we are topped out....we sailed for many years with no perks or benefits so it would not bother me at all if Carnival took them all away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last month I asked what would people give up in order to get a 25% fare reduction. Many said they wouldn't give up anything and that the cruises were already affordable enough, they didn't want to see more cuts.

Now in this thread people are willing to give up any benefits they may have accrued, benefits that you can not place a solid dollar amount on. There's no proof giving up any of these benefits would give a lower cruise cost, therefore I have to assume that already people perceive the benefits to be of no value already. If the benefits translated to a tangible value I don't think so many people would say they would not be bothered if the benefits went away.

Yep, sure would, I love cruising, and Carnival is the best value ... Anything extra is just icing on the cake.