Irons

cruisentn

Don't bring your own. If detected it will be confiscated. They are considered a fire hazzard on board ships. Also many draw to much current for the ships system and blow breakers. Blowing a breaker on board is a sure way to get detected. On the other hand DW always brings her steamer and it has never been a problem. We get free laundry and dry cleaning when we cruise but there are some items that she doesn't trust the laundry with.

I've sailed on Princess' date=' [b']Royal Caribbean[/b], Carnival and Norwegian. All had irons available for use in the laundry room.

That isn't correct - RCI does not have self service laundry facilities - or irons for passenger use - on any of their ships. You also cannot bring an iron on board with RCI.

They do have laundry and dry cleaning services for a fee, however.

Just send it out. The cost for pressing only is 50% of the full cleaning cost. Very reasonable.

Other than linens and some cottons, most wrinkles will fall out if you hang the garment in the bathroom while you take a shower.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

For my nicer dress clothes, I just leave them on the hangers and cover them with a plastic dry cleaner bag. Then just fold them over on top of my other clothes.

When we get to the room I just pull them out and put them in the closet. Never had a problem with wrinkles......

Hope this helps!

Are there irons available? Or byoi? Or just let them press something if needed.

Thanks

you may NOT bring your own on board. not all ships have self serve laundry facilities. Royal and Celebrity do NOT.

pressing is generally half the cost of dry cleaning.

Norwegian does not have self-serve laundry, but I read on here that you can ask your steward to borrow an iron/board -- guess it must be a limited-power one? Or they stay nearby to make sure no fire starts...

I prefer choosing my travel wardrobe of clothing that doesn't wrinkle or show wrinkles much. But we travel A LOT so I have had years to accumulate clothes like that!

Get Downey Wrinkle Release in the soap area of your store. Just spray

it on, stretch and wrinkles disappear but do this in the morning so there is enough time for it to do its job.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Last summer, we had a two-week cruise followed by a 6-week land trip, so I felt I REALLY needed an iron for the land portion. So I put my travel iron in the suitcase with a clear tag on it with my ship room number and name, with "please return"... because I expected to be called to the "naughty room" to explain my contraband. I needed it for the next leg of the trip, and I didn't mind it being held during the cruise.

They didn't either see it, or ignored it, or whatever..... it stayed in my luggage and if I needed to iron, I used the ship facilities.

The punch line to this is that I NEVER used the silly thing at all. When traveling, I 1. pack things that don't wrinkle that much and 2. tend to be less obsessive about wrinkles......

Last summer, we had a two-week cruise followed by a 6-week land trip, so I felt I REALLY needed an iron for the land portion. So I put my travel iron in the suitcase with a clear tag on it with my ship room number and name, with "please return"... because I expected to be called to the "naughty room" to explain my contraband. I needed it for the next leg of the trip, and I didn't mind it being held during the cruise.

They didn't either see it, or ignored it, or whatever..... it stayed in my luggage and if I needed to iron, I used the ship facilities.

The punch line to this is that I NEVER used the silly thing at all. When traveling, I 1. pack things that don't wrinkle that much and 2. tend to be less obsessive about wrinkles......[/quote]

Same here!! As soon as we get on the ship and luggage arrives, we hang everything up. Having traveled nearly all over the world, we learned to pack clothes that don't wrinkle very much.

The punch line to this is that I NEVER used the silly thing at all. When traveling, I 1. pack things that don't wrinkle that much and 2. tend to be less obsessive about wrinkles......[/quote]

Same here!! As soon as we get on the ship and luggage arrives, we hang everything up. Having traveled nearly all over the world, we learned to pack clothes that don't wrinkle very much.

Us too. :) Even when I was working I didn't have clothes that needed to be ironed. I think the only time I use my iron is if I have to shorten a pair of slacks and need to press the new hem.