LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS Jan. 13-23, 2014

Pia1913

So here I am at 3:30 sitting at my desk with the front door ajar and the balcony door ajar. Only way internet will work. This is a warning to anyone who has a Caribe deck cabin in the 300 series near the forward elevators. Upper 200's won't work either. Don't know about port side; only starboard. Internet manager is a moron; he will blame you, your computer or whatever mode of access you are using.

Paid a “must do” visit to the hahaha sale this morning. Bought nothing as usual. Packed the big suitcase, so that’s now out of the way. One of us reads; the other packs. Works well.

Tina, if you read this expect to find something from us in your cabin. It better be there. I expect to hand deliver it to your room steward tomorrow AM. No hints.

Signal permitting, you’ll hear from me again. Right now there is none. Tried to post and the whole thing shut down. I think CC is having a problem now too. It’s contagious.

Thanks everyone for cruising along.

It is now 6 hours later and internet just came back. Bedlam down in the cafe with people who couldn't print their boarding passes. Happy not to be among them. Hope this post and if I can, will check in to say goodbye in the morning.

So here I am at 3:30 sitting at my desk with the front door ajar and the balcony door ajar. Only way internet will work. This is a warning to anyone who has a Caribe deck cabin in the 300 series near the forward elevators. Upper 200's won't work either. Don't know about port side; only starboard. Internet manager is a moron; he will blame you, your computer or whatever mode of access you are using............

Good to know. I won't bother bringing my laptop on our March Ruby cruise. I found that my Blackberry Z10 worked as good or better than the laptop on our November Hawaii cruise. Thanks for the info that you posted even if it was a little sparse. :cool:

Tina, if you read this expect to find something from us in your cabin. It better be there. I expect to hand deliver it to your room steward tomorrow AM. No hints.

SIZE]

Thanks I think. Will let you know if we find something. We will be leaving around 7am and should be at parking by 11. Staying where you suggested but will park at Embassy Suites for the Emerald cruise. Welcome back to some cold weather.

Sent email about Ocean P tours. Let me know.

Pia I hope you enjoyed the 2nd leg of your cruise. Do tell what's your next cruise?? I need to book what we will be doing next but I still have to totally kicked this pneumonia which is not basically just turned into asthma. I'll be fine but hard to think about going on vacation when even going to the supermarket wears you out LOL

I remember me telling me you always sail Valentines day and decorate your door but I don't remember which cruise you'll be on, please show a picture of your door !

Hope disembarkment gets smoothly tomorrow.

Laura

Actually on the cruise critic app, there are no signatures. It doesn't show anyone's including mine;)

That is because you have your settings so that they do not display.

Everyone that doesn't have restrictions on their "edit options" can see them as well as yours.

Mike:)

OK. ready to eat again. It's Bavarian night in Cafe Caribe and that means my favorites without getting dressed formally. What a life! :D
Pia,

As usual, John and I have enjoyed following along on your cruise; we will be on the Ruby in the fall. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like our cruise schedule will overlap yours again anytime soon.

I was wondering how you find out ahead of time what the theme will be in the Cafe Caribe each evening. Is it posted somewhere or is there someone to ask? I have not ever noticed the theme mentioned in the Patter.

Have a safe trip home and keep the "live from"s going!

Carolyn

Pia, Welcome home ! Thanks for taking me along. I noticed that you will cruising back to Fort Lauderdale in Nov. from a TA cruise. Any chance you will turn around and go on the new Regal Nov 9-16 ? I am thinking about doing the Nov. 6th and Nov 9th Regal cruises.

Sali

Hello from home. Hope you didn't think I ran out on you. That darn internet when it went down again last night never did come back up. Nothing this morning; not even a glimmer.

We got off the ship about 9:30 and once we got home there was the bank, the grocery store, etc. Then came the mail and thinking about unpacking. Mail won; will do suitcase tomorrow.

A few responses:

1. Yes Carolyn. They listed the Cafe Caribe themes, but not always right. For instance, yesterday's lunch was listed as Asian. It was Mexican. :rolleyes:

2. Laura: I can't do photos. Maybe Franky will read this and post it. She's the one who made the Valentine's for us a few years ago. Nothing spectacular; just cute pink styrofoam heart with our names on it.

3. Sali: not feasible. We get off the Emerald on November 8th.

4. Disembarkation was a snap. We never moved that quickly. Immigration had a ton of people working today. Of course they would; it's a Thursday and not a bunch of ships in port. Wait for Saturday. Or Sunday. Then they will have two people for 3000 passengers.

OK. Time to call it a night. Thanks again for sailing along with me and I'll see you aboard the Emerald on February 7th.

Internet was working well and fast on Ruby this morning around 7am ( in the Internet Cafe ) when I was using the last 70 of my minutes, it was however awful during most of the cruise during daytime, thats what happens when you have 900 plus Platinum with 150 free minutes each all trying to use it.

Hello from home. Hope you didn't think I ran out on you. That darn internet when it went down again last night never did come back up. Nothing this morning; not even a glimmer.

We got off the ship about 9:30 and once we got home there was the bank, the grocery store, etc. Then came the mail and thinking about unpacking. Mail won; will do suitcase tomorrow.

A few responses:

1. Yes Carolyn. They listed the Cafe Caribe themes, but not always right. For instance, yesterday's lunch was listed as Asian. It was Mexican. :rolleyes:

2. Laura: I can't do photos. Maybe Franky will read this and post it. She's the one who made the Valentine's for us a few years ago. Nothing spectacular; just cute pink styrofoam heart with our names on it.

3. Sali: not feasible. We get off the Emerald on November 8th.

4. Disembarkation was a snap. We never moved that quickly. Immigration had a ton of people working today. Of course they would; it's a Thursday and not a bunch of ships in port. Wait for Saturday. Or Sunday. Then they will have two people for 3000 passengers.

OK. Time to call it a night. Thanks again for sailing along with me and I'll see you aboard the Emerald on February 7th.

Im sure you can squeeze in another cruise before Feb 7, you seem to be slowing down.:D