In a Suite taking non Suite guests

Would you also complain if you had access to either lounge, but upon arrival couldn't find a seat or a place to stand because of all the non-eligible guests that accompanied those that were eligible are now taking up space that you earned??!

No, because I'd feel that cabin-mates should have access. Note that I'm talking ONLY about cabin-mates, not other family or friends. Otherwise, you're essentially denying access to the D+ member also, because I don't think it's at all reasonable to expect them to go enjoy the CL while telling their significant other "sorry, but you're not invited, see you later!"

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Nanci-

Last December we were in a RFS on the Liberty out of Ft. Lauderdale. Boarding was late (1:30 PM) and we all waited in the large seating area. Did not see the seperate area for Suite guests that you mention.

If we have a Suite again, I will inquire about it----------------

I probably should have been specific...we were on Oasis and Allure for the area I mentioned. Maybe the other terminals don't have this? Once you get up the escalators, it's on the right side of the waiting area, if you're facing the doors to the gangways.

It must have been the Concierge lounge that cruisegirl1 is talking about, not the Diamond lounge as originally posted. Diamond lounge is for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.The Concierge lounge is for suites, D+ and Pinnacle. Thus, a Diamond member can use the Diamond Lounge, but not the Concierge lounge.

No, because I'd feel that cabin-mates should have access. Note that I'm talking ONLY about cabin-mates, not other family or friends. Otherwise, you're essentially denying access to the D+ member also, because I don't think it's at all reasonable to expect them to go enjoy the CL while telling their significant other "sorry, but you're not invited, see you later!"

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

This is a good question. If I'm D+ and I'm taking my new wife on her first cruise, she's not allowed to join me in the Concierge Lounge because she didn't earn it?

This is a good question. If I'm D+ and I'm taking my new wife on her first cruise, she's not allowed to join me in the Concierge Lounge because she didn't earn it?

Your wife will have the same C&A status as you have even though she hasn't been on a cruise. One of the fringe benefits of being married.:D

The highest C&A level of either husband or wife is shared by both as long as they live at the address.

Edited by cruisenfever

That brings up an interesting question then - if one is D+, single but "in a relationship" then I guess if the two of you go on a RCI cruise together that your significant other will not be allowed to go to the lounge with you - which, quite frankly, is absurd!

I'd say you were treated very shabbily, if it were me I'd be following up and complaining.

people residing at the same address can be linked and granted the same status( but will have to accrue points on their own) yes even non married partners. adult children lose any linked status once they are 18.

DW and I (both D+) will be taking grandson (age 9) on a cruise in a few weeks. He does not have our home address. I know he is not allowed in the DL, but what about the CL? I am thinking more in terms of a quick breakfast than the cocktail hours.

Yes they are friends who did their own booking of the inside cabin. But we have joined reservations so we can do dinner with them. I know there won't be an issue not being able to have them join us at either the DL or CL. We like to get up early and hit Portifino's for breakfast and get a couple of cocktails before dinner at the lounges and they are late sleepers who get their fill at the bars till the wee hours.

Your friends would not have joined you in the D lounge on my last cruise. Every card was checked on the first night and thereafter until they recognized you.

DW and I (both D+) will be taking grandson (age 9) on a cruise in a few weeks. He does not have our home address. I know he is not allowed in the DL, but what about the CL? I am thinking more in terms of a quick breakfast than the cocktail hours.

Children are allowed in the CL as long as they are accompanied by an adult. This includes cocktail hour as well.

Just an observation. On our Freedom cruise we booked a suite to be able to join family members in the CL. We are Diamond; they are Platinum and were suite guests. We did this to be able to share family time. We noted, however, that some other suite guests tried to have non gold card friends and family join them in the CL. One group was so obnoxious that the Concierge caved and the relatively small lounge was more crowded than it should have been.

people residing at the same address can be linked and granted the same status( but will have to accrue points on their own) yes even non married partners. adult children lose any linked status once they are 18.

Adult children won't lose their status, they will inherit whatever status you had when they turned 18. From that point, beginning with their actual number of points, they'll need to get to the next level on their own.

That brings up an interesting question then - if one is D+, single but "in a relationship" then I guess if the two of you go on a RCI cruise together that your significant other will not be allowed to go to the lounge with you - which, quite frankly, is absurd!

I'd say you were treated very shabbily, if it were me I'd be following up and complaining.

It might be the policy that the non Diamond passengers isn't permitted, but from what we've seen, it isn't enforced.

Frankly, I'm surprised at that. I would think that if you're D+ and traveling IN THE SAME CABIN that your cabin-mate should be allowed to accompany you - I'm really surprised that wouldn't be allowed.

On Celebrity, your cabin mate is free to join you. Others have reported that the concierge welcomed their cabin mate on Royal Caribbean. Others have reported the opposite.

I do agree. I travel with my husband so it isn't an issue for me but if I were single, I would feel pretty slighted. If they allow a second person, why does it need to be a spouse?

Your friends would not have joined you in the D lounge on my last cruise. Every card was checked on the first night and thereafter until they recognized you.

On the Freedom, you have to swipe your card to get the door to open, so they won't be able to get in by themselves, and we aren't the type to try to sneak people in. It's not that big of a deal for us.

I have read some comments from people saying they have seen non Diamond + / Diamond people in the Concierge lounge and Diamond Lounge. My question would be: How did you know they weren't CL or DL worthy or not? Did someone say something? Did they yell out loud they weren't supposed to be there? Or did you over hear them ask permission when they come in? Just asking. Curious if there is a certain "persona" people let off that are D,D+, etc or not???

Edited by Ocean_Waves

On the Freedom, you have to swipe your card to get the door to open, so they won't be able to get in by themselves, and we aren't the type to try to sneak people in. It's not that big of a deal for us.

Just off Freedom and the door to the CL was left open at night for anyone to walk in.

Last week on the Independence the diamond lounge was extended to the Viking Crown. You needed to show cards even if together

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but your friends might be able to join you in the reserved gold card theatre seating.

DH and I witnessed a group doing just that - the couple with the gold cards sat down in the reserved section and explained to the attendant "guarding" the entrance that if there were still seats available when the area opened to general seating, they would like their friends to be able to join them. The attendant said "Absolutely" and the non-gold card group waited patiently outside the rope until the start of the show (they were in the habit of keeping the area closed until the actual showtime each night on our cruise, not 10 minutes prior, as stated in the policy).

As it turned out, there were plenty of seats in the section still available when the time came and the group of friends got to sit together.:)

Is Raoul still Concierge on Freedom? When we sailed in October, he was very attentive in the CL, knew suite guests by name, and never left the door open...just saying.:confused:

Yep he was there. I walked by on several occasions to go to the elevator and the door was open and it was crowded.

My friend and cabin mate has never been allowed to join me in DL. She will be Diamond after our 2/23 cruise. Celebrity treats people with a little more class. They feel your cabin mate should be able to enjoy your benefits. whether it's husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend, SO or cabin mates. To clarify, this would be for cocktails in lounge, Continental breakfast etc. They would get the discount coupons etc for their level. It's the social events that they are allowed to attend with you.

Edited by Lars2014

Our daughter and husbands sister will be joining us on their first cruise, out of Sydney, Australia in March and we are Platinum and have a JS, I am hopeing they can check in with us, depending on whether the Priority line is shorter. If we are called to board before them I can understand but hoping we can go together.

I have read some comments from people saying they have seen non Diamond + / Diamond people in the Concierge lounge and Diamond Lounge. My question would be: How did you know they weren't CL or DL worthy or not? Did someone say something? Did they yell out loud they weren't supposed to be there? Or did you over hear them ask permission when they come in? Just asking. Curious if there is a certain "persona" people let off that are D,D+, etc or not???

It's the lounge police. They know all, see all and tell all!! Heads up. a secret society only few are let in!!!:p

Our daughter and husbands sister will be joining us on their first cruise, out of Sydney, Australia in March and we are Platinum and have a JS, I am hopeing they can check in with us, depending on whether the Priority line is shorter. If we are called to board before them I can understand but hoping we can go together.

There probably won't be an issue, but nothing to prevent you from waiting and boarding with them.