Boston to Bermuda 2015, what ship?

cmoose

Wish they would bring a new ship to Boston. Need a change from the Dawn.

I can't be sure of the dates, but I want to say that Norwegian made a deal with the city of Boston to keep the Dawn sailing from their port to Bermuda for 10 years. This started back in 2008 or '09...I think. If this is true, we can expect this ship to likely be in Boston until 2018 or '19 for the Bermuda runs.

If anyone can find an article on this, that would be great...I looked but couldn't find anything online.

I can't be sure of the dates, but I want to say that Norwegian made a deal with the city of Boston to keep the Dawn sailing from their port to Bermuda for 10 years. This started back in 2008 or '09...I think. If this is true, we can expect this ship to likely be in Boston until 2018 or '19 for the Bermuda runs.

If anyone can find an article on this, that would be great...I looked but couldn't find anything online.

The deal is with Bermuda -

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_110707

I've read a few threads saying that maybe that NCL will be moving the Dawn out of Boston in 2015. Anyone have any info on if that's true and if so any thoughts on what ship would replace her??

You are right, a few threads talked about Ncl pulling out o Boston. It was because of the new fuel rule. All ships sailing within 200 miles of the coast must comply with new regulation within 2 years I think. When that came out, Ncl said it would increase the passenger fair by about 75$ per person and said they would leave Boston.

The good news is that this week Ncl announced that they will comply with this new rule and install "scrubbers" I think...on 6 ships including the Dawn so it remains in Boston

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

There's no bus service at night at the Dockyard?

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Last #7 bus leaves Hamilton @ 9:15 to dockyard. Last bus from Dockyard To Hamilton =10:20

Whereas last bus to St. George from Hamilton is 11:45

I LOVED docking in St. George and Hamilton on M/S norwegian Dream .!!!:D