2015/2016 Deployment Thread

Andy

Thanks, Sandi & Andy, for the links and information. Any information on the Equinox 1/2/2016 itinerary is appreciated. We could be interested in that itinerary with Martinique (haven't been there) on it and hopefully a substitution of a routine port with a more unusual port that we haven't visited or seldom visit.

Kathy

we'd also like more info on that itin--but for now are happy with the Connie trip we booked for Nov 2015.....we'll be back on Equinox Nov 2014. for a western itin..

Bonaire also sounds great but I suspect that cruise will be the 14 day southern--just a bit too long for us right now..

Does anybody see sailings to St. Croix? Seems that they are pulling out there.

we were actually happy that the Connie itin has Tortola instead of St croix which was on the previous itin..when we went to St croix recently, we were disppointed. Most of the better things to do are in Christianstad a far distance from where the ship docks..

we went on a Buck island snorkel excurion.. nice but a very long bus ride w/ not much to see along the way. The excursion was good but we had rough waters... the shallow reef was not so impressive as advertised and we got cut up a bit since the trail was hard to follow.....

There seems to be not much around the port area..some bars, a nice local beach, very limited shopping. others in our group who went to a resort excursions enjoyed it however.

If you find an itin with st croix...hope you find some fun things to do..it is a beautiful place--just not where we were !

Hi Andy-

Have you heard anything about why the Eclipse TA in April 2015 is still not on website? I'm confirmed on it but can't pull up reservation, even though I received a 2nd confirming email from X last night which instructed me to do just that!!! April 2015 is only month that is missing from Eclipse sail dates!

Thanks for any help.:)

I, also, cannot get my reservation made yesterday into My Celebrity and have been told that they are having some system issue and to try again in a few days.

Summit has an itinerary with Tortola (new port for us) and Dominica - my favorite Caribbean port so far. Just not sure if I want to sail on Summit for a 3rd time. Prices are pretty good tho.

Edited by librarylady19

Hi Andy-

Have you heard anything about why the Eclipse TA in April 2015 is still not on website? I'm confirmed on it but can't pull up reservation, even though I received a 2nd confirming email from X last night which instructed me to do just that!!! April 2015 is only month that is missing from Eclipse sail dates!

Thanks for any help.:)

Hi Gracie,

I believe there's a Drydock around that time. Just guessing here, but they could be tinkering with the itinerary. I will see what I can find out. Stay Tuned !

Hi Gracie,

I believe there's a Drydock around that time. Just guessing here, but they could be tinkering with the itinerary. I will see what I can find out. Stay Tuned !

Hi, Host Andy - yes, there's is a dry dock that slots between the end of the last Carib cruise of the season that finishes up in Miami on April 12th and the TA which sails on April 21st. When I called the Captain's Club today they told me that they weren't aware of any changes being made to the itinerary and confirmed that it is what I booked. BUT, when I Googled the sailing earlier today it came up on an online web site (said it was not available to book online with them either) and the itinerary did not match our confirmed booking ... the difference is that this other web site shows 6 sea days between Bermuda and Lisbon and skips the Azores. I have no clue why this online site would have that info and not X but in any case, guess we'll see when X finally puts it out to the public ... OR maybe you'll get an answer sooner. VERY ODD INDEED!! :confused: Barb

Hi Gracie,

Thanks, Andy, for any help and insight you can provide!:)

I am looking for the schedule of any Celebrity ships in the Caribbean for May 2015.

Am I too much in advance?

Hi:) Sue is correct.....Celebrity doesn't have any ships in the Caribbean

in May. They haven't in years and years (and years)...the last month

any ships are in the Caribbean are April and then they send all of them

elsewhere....Europe, Alaska, Bermuda, etc...etc....then they come

back to the Caribbean in November.

I am looking for the schedule of any Celebrity ships in the Caribbean for May 2015.

Am I too much in advance?

May is my favorite time to sail in the Caribbean. However most the the lines reposition their ships elsewhere in the summer. The best you can hope for is the 8 day Summit reposition cruise from San Juan to Cape Liberty at the end of April that runs into the first week in May. We were on that cruise last year and it was a great itinerary.

May is my favorite time to sail in the Caribbean. However most the the lines reposition their ships elsewhere in the summer. The best you can hope for is the 8 day Summit reposition cruise from San Juan to Cape Liberty at the end of April that runs into the first week in May. We were on that cruise last year and it was a great itinerary.

That repositioning (April 25th, 2015) is still not available.

Hi:) Sue is correct.....Celebrity doesn't have any ships in the Caribbean

in May. They haven't in years and years (and years)...the last month

any ships are in the Caribbean are April and then they send all of them

elsewhere....Europe, Alaska, Bermuda, etc...etc....then they come

back to the Caribbean in November.

Hi Lois,

At least Celebrity is returning to the Caribbean earlier in November (in 2015), than in recent years. Some ships had been returning well into December.

Have you noticed there's an Infinity 10 night Caribbean sailing in October 2015 ? If it werent for there being a Drydock immediately following that sailing, I would have booked it by now. Still might, but I will wait until we are onboard Eclipse in 2 weeks, so we can get 123 GO, and the booking onboard OBC. That's a great deal IMO.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Lois,

At least Celebrity is returning to the Caribbean earlier in November (in 2015), than in recent years. Some ships had been returning well into December.

Have you noticed there's an Infinity 10 night Caribbean sailing in October 2015 ? If it werent for there being a Drydock immediately following that sailing, I would have booked it by now. Still might, but I will wait until we are onboard Eclipse in 2 weeks, so we can get 123 GO, and the booking onboard OBC. That's a great deal IMO.

Hi Andy:)yes, I saw that Infinity sailing on the schedule. Not sure what

I am doing next year yet. But yes, normally they are there in Nov

so October would be a bit earlier;)

When can I expect that the price for that 8-day repositioning cruise in April 2015 come out?

Hi Gracie,

Don't know if you've had any luck finding out why the 4/21/15 Eclipse is still in some kind of "limbo." After I looked at the site Zelker mentioned and then compared that possible itinerary with others X is doing right now it makes no sense that it would take 6 days to go from Bermuda to Ponta Delgada, all other sailings on X show that is a 4 days ride, including the Eclipse TA leaving next month, so if they're tweaking it I suspect it's something different or more than this.....personally I'd like just to leave it as it is ...it's a great itinerary. Hoping you can find out or X will make this sailing final and post it on the website very soon....even the reps at cust. service are confused(well that's not all THAT unusual....LOL) Thanks for any viable info from anyone.:)

Sat 02 Jan 2016 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 04:30 PM

Sun 03 Jan 2016 At Sea

Mon 04 Jan 2016 At Sea

Tue 05 Jan 2016 Charlotte Amalie, St.Thomas 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Wed 06 Jan 2016 Philipsburg, St.Maarten 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thu 07 Jan 2016 Fort De France, Martinique 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Fri 08 Jan 2016 Basseterre, St.Kitts 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sat 09 Jan 2016 At Sea

Sun 10 Jan 2016 At Sea

Mon 11 Jan 2016 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 07:00 AM

This is a special cruise to adjust schedule back to 10/11 night runs. They are doing special holiday cruises, but don't want to force people off on Christmas or New Years Days.

Edited by chessbriar

Sat 06 Feb 2016 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 04:30 PM

Sun 07 Feb 2016 At Sea

Mon 08 Feb 2016 At Sea

Tue 09 Feb 2016 Pointe A Pitre, Guadeloupe 01:00 PM

Wed 10 Feb 2016 Pointe A Pitre, Guadeloupe 01:00 AM

Thu 11 Feb 2016 San Juan, Puerto Rico 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Fri 12 Feb 2016 Samana, Dominican Republic 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sat 13 Feb 2016 Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos 07:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sun 14 Feb 2016 At Sea

Mon 15 Feb 2016 Cococay, Bahamas 07:00 AM 05:00 PM

Tue 16 Feb 2016 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 07:00 AM

Connie's normal run will be 4/5/5 night cruises. So I don't know if this is a charter or if they are just trying some new itineraries to give us something to get excited about

Edited by chessbriar

Feb 27 2016 - Summit to drydock for 14 nights

Summit will be running 7 night cruises from San Juan

Hi Rick:)... she is going for a 2 week drydock? A lot of time off......

And since it is in 2 years it gives folks plenty of time if they need to

change their plans.

Sun 07 Feb 2016 At Sea

Mon 08 Feb 2016 At Sea

Sun 14 Feb 2016 At Sea

Connie's normal run will be 4/5/5 night cruises. So I don't know if this is a charter or if they are just trying some new itineraries to give us something to get excited about

Dh Jack called Captain's Club and it is a charter and not open for booking. Then he searched the internet and found that a "bare" group has booked it. :eek:

Oh well. It looked like a good itinerary.

Kathy

Dh Jack called Captain's Club and it is a charter and not open for booking. Then he searched the internet and found that a "bare" group has booked it. :eek:

Oh well. It looked like a good itinerary.

Kathy

Too bad they can't do that itinerary for "clothed" cruisers. I'd jump on it :)

Sun 03 Jan 2016 At Sea

Mon 04 Jan 2016 At Sea

Sat 09 Jan 2016 At Sea

Sun 10 Jan 2016 At Sea

This is a special cruise to adjust schedule back to 10/11 night runs. They are doing special holiday cruises, but don't want to force people off on Christmas or New Years Days.

My TA was told this is a charter also and not available for booking - too many sea days for me anyways.

Sun 03 Jan 2016 At Sea

Mon 04 Jan 2016 At Sea

Sat 09 Jan 2016 At Sea

Sun 10 Jan 2016 At Sea

That's a wonderful itinerary, but I don't see it on the Celebrity site.

Sun 07 Feb 2016 At Sea

Mon 08 Feb 2016 At Sea

Sun 14 Feb 2016 At Sea

I hope it comes back - love it.