2015/2016 Deployment Thread

Andy

I couldn't believe those prices so I called back and inquired to see if that was a per person price or for 2 passengers. It is indeed a per person price. I also inquired about the pick your perk and at this time it is not offered on sailings that far out. However if they bring the promotion back for next year they will add it to the reservation if you book now. The only offering now is for a 7 day itinerary you recieve $100 obc for and ocean view and $125 for a veranda. You keep the OBC even if the price drops and I'm sure it will, plus they will add any future promos to the booking.

But, you would have to pay the going price at the time the package is added.

Mary Lou

But, you would have to pay the going price at the time the package is added.

Mary Lou

Which will probably be less than today's quoted prices. I can book for this May at almost half the price and still get the package. There is no way these prices will stay this high. I can book a suite on NCL Breakaway for next year for the price Celebrity is charging for a Veranda. Granted they are two different cruising experiences but they are both going to the same place. It may be nice not having to pack formal wear for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which will probably be less than today's quoted prices. I can book for this May at almost half the price and still get the package. There is no way these prices will stay this high.

I would not be so sure. We booked a 2016 Caribbean cruise on the day the itineraries opened. In less than 2 weeks, the price for our category had risen by over 9%.

I would not be so sure. We booked a 2016 Caribbean cruise on the day the itineraries opened. In less than 2 weeks, the price for our category had risen by over 9%.

If you book a popular week during the the spring like Spring break or during the Summer when kids are out of school than yes price will go up. May is shoulder season just after spring break and before school is out for the summer. Add to that the water in Bermuda isn't as warm as the Caribbean that time of year so although the weather is comfortable it's not alway beach weather especially if you are from the south. I'm from Long Island so I'm accustomed to swimming in cold water. I've been monitoring prices for the last two years and history repeats it's self. I live in driving distance to port so airfare isn't an issue. I've been wanting to do a Bermuda cruise for a while but Princess had better prices over the years for the Caribbean when itineraries open and you don't have to jump through hoops to get a price adjustment if price drops and it always had for me. I will wait until this time next year to book Bermuda unless something else catches my eye before that.

If you book a popular week during the the spring like Spring break or during the Summer when kids are out of school than yes price will go up. May is shoulder season just after spring break and before school is out for the summer. Add to that the water in Bermuda isn't as warm as the Caribbean that time of year so although the weather is comfortable it's not alway beach weather especially if you are from the south. I'm from Long Island so I'm accustomed to swimming in cold water. I've been monitoring prices for the last two years and history repeats it's self. I live in driving distance to port so airfare isn't an issue. I've been wanting to do a Bermuda cruise for a while but Princess had better prices over the years for the Caribbean when itineraries open and you don't have to jump through hoops to get a price adjustment if price drops and it always had for me. I will wait until this time next year to book Bermuda unless something else catches my eye before that.

No, we made a point of selecting a cruise that was not during Spring Break or any other popular time and especially at a time we have been told that the children/students would be in school. In was a 14-night cruise sailing in January 2016.

No, we made a point of selecting a cruise that was not during Spring Break or any other popular time and especially at a time we have been told that the children/students would be in school. In was a 14-night cruise sailing in January 2016.

14 day sailings are very popular and have 1/2 the amount of sailings available as a 7 day cruise. Classic supply and demand. I'm not surprised the price went up. The Summit a much older ship competes with the New NCL Breakaway for the same Bermuda itinerary at a better price. I don't think that even a first time cruiser would jump at the opening price Celebrity is offering and the price I was quoted was the low price for the Bermuda season.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I just got off of the phone with Celebrity to inquire about pricing for Bermuda 2015. 8:55am eastern time must be a good time to call as they picked up immediately. My mouth almost hit the floor when he quoted me prices for Ocean Views and Verandas.

May 3rd and May 10th sailings

Ocean view was $1144

Veranda was $1434

May 17th through May 31st sailings

Ocean view was $1244

Veranda was $1535

Even with the free drink package which I didn't even inquire about It's just not worth the price.

Last week I could have booked Concierge class for $999 gty for a May 18th sailing this year. Ocean views for this year are as low as $799

It really doesn't pay to book 13 months out with these prices.

The first thing I did this morning was check the General Public opening prices and sure enough they are lower for the same weeks that I was interested in.

Ocean view is now $899-$949

Veranda in now $1199-$1249

So by being a past passenger I have the exclusive advantage of paying more money than someone who never sailed with Celebrity before. Now if they offered these new prices and the OBC it would have been a special privilege. Even with the OBC it would have been more expensive to book with the original quote.

At this point I'm going to wait to see if they offer any other perks and I am sure that the price will come down. Why help fill a ship early and tie up my money when they just proved to me that it is better to wait to book this itinerary.

The first thing I did this morning was check the General Public opening prices and sure enough they are lower for the same weeks that I was interested in.

Ocean view is now $899-$949

Veranda in now $1199-$1249

So by being a past passenger I have the exclusive advantage of paying more money than someone who never sailed with Celebrity before. Now if they offered these new prices and the OBC it would have been a special privilege. Even with the OBC it would have been more expensive to book with the original quote.

At this point I'm going to wait to see if they offer any other perks and I am sure that the price will come down. Why help fill a ship early and tie up my money when they just proved to me that it is better to wait to book this itinerary.

Why does this upset you? You were able to book ahead of the general public to get the exact cabin you wanted. Now you found a lower price, you can rebook and get the lower price and keep your cabin. If the price drops again or a better perk comes along, rebook again and still keep your cabin. If the price goes up, you are locked in at a lower price. It's a great system. Too bad this doesn't work for airline tickets!

Why does this upset you? You were able to book ahead of the general public to get the exact cabin you wanted. Now you found a lower price, you can rebook and get the lower price and keep your cabin. If the price drops again or a better perk comes along, rebook again and still keep your cabin. If the price goes up, you are locked in at a lower price. It's a great system. Too bad this doesn't work for airline tickets!

1. I didn't book because the price was more than I was willing to pay for that itinerary.
  2. I feel like if I wasn't watching prices that I would have been duped into booking at a higher rate.
  3. I was going to book guarantee or the least expensive room in the category so exact room wouldn't have mattered.
  4. Why should I give Celebrity my money 13 months in advance just to spend the next year monitoring prices. They should be offering the lower prices to those who book early not rewarding those who wait to book 6 months out.
  5. They market the early booking as a special service for repeat passengers when in fact they over charge them for booking early. The price came down 4 days later. Why couldn't they offer this price when I called? How many people do they fool into booking who don't check prices after they booked? This is just a poor marketing scam that fortunately I was smart enough not to fall for thanks to the information I receive on Cruise Critic.

I know if I wait until 6 months out that they will be adding perks to fill the ship which are most likely going to be for new bookings only. The prices now are still higher than what they are offering this year with the pick your perk promo. I do realize that there are those who book that must sail in specific room or category or itinerary that sells out fast and those rooms and itineraries probably won't drop in price. Those are the passengers who benefit from the early booking.

I guess I'm just use to Princess pricing. They discount for past passengers who book early.

OMG!!! So excited! My B2B2B from Vancouver to Seattle to Hawaii to Sydney on Solstice in September/October 2015 is booked and confirmed. 39 amazing days to finish of the trip of a lifetime. Will be spending about 6 weeks touring around the USA and then cruising home :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congrats!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I really like the creative deployment with a various choice of itineraries!

Even with 10 ships Celebrity covers more places than others with 15 ships.

But I also think it is a pity that Celebrity gave away Galaxy and Mercury, and also Century will leave the fleet.

With three more ships the choice of itineraries would be even better!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Booked our first Alaskan Cruise on Solstice on May 1st 2015!!! We are sooo excited for this cruise. Will be part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

Congrats!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I know this is really early, but I figure I have a lot of planning to do.

When will the 2017 schedule for the Eastern Med & Greek Isles be released? March of 2015??? It looks like there is only one sailing of this itinerary in 2015 and I really want to book this for my son's pre-graduation trip.

Thanks for the help!

Ok I know this is really early, but I figure I have a lot of planning to do.

When will the 2017 schedule for the Eastern Med & Greek Isles be released? March of 2015??? It looks like there is only one sailing of this itinerary in 2015 and I really want to book this for my son's pre-graduation trip.

Thanks for the help!

No, you won't get a 2017 med cruise until Spring 2016. 2016 will be out next Spring.

No, you won't get a 2017 med cruise until Spring 2016. 2016 will be out next Spring.

Thank you! Hopefully Celebrity will still be doing this itinerary in 2017! I can at least do some preliminary planning until schedules are released.

Thank you! Hopefully Celebrity will still be doing this itinerary in 2017! I can at least do some preliminary planning until schedules are released.

I know how you feel. I'm dying to see what comes out for Greece for May 2016. I'm not a patient person :)

I know how you feel. I'm dying to see what comes out for Greece for May 2016. I'm not a patient person :)

My son really wants to see Venice for his graduation trip and I really want to combine it with the Greek Isles since my DH is of Greek descent. Plus adding extra days in Venice and Rome - OH MY! I guess if Celebrity doesn't offer it, I'll just have to figure out a way to spend a week in Venice - oh the "heartbreak" of that! ;):rolleyes::)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rather new to Celebrity. I noticed a lot of transatlantic cruises for spring and fall of 2015, and these look great, however I want to go in 2016 (doing Panama Canal next April). I apologize if this has been answered earlier in this thread, but any idea when the 2016 transatlantics will be available? Thanks! Pam

I'm rather new to Celebrity. I noticed a lot of transatlantic cruises for spring and fall of 2015, and these look great, however I want to go in 2016 (doing Panama Canal next April). I apologize if this has been answered earlier in this thread, but any idea when the 2016 transatlantics will be available? Thanks! Pam

They are normally released around the end march/beginning of April time?

We have 1 booked this year 1 next year and am also waiting for the 2016 fall ones to come out! #addictedtotransalantics