8:45 am flight out FLL on Oasis- Realistic??

I have never flown out this early! Haven't booked our flight yet. Trying to decide to stay another day (latest flight is 8:45 am using less sky miles)

Is this realistic? I know I can get the early flight out ticket, but is this just pushing it too much?

I have never flown out this early! Haven't booked our flight yet. Trying to decide to stay another day (latest flight is 8:45 am using less sky miles)

Is this realistic? I know I can get the early flight out ticket, but is this just pushing it too much?

If you have to be at the airport one hour before the flight. That means you have to be off the ship by no later than 7 AM , After getting your luggage and clearing customs highly doubtful. We live near Fort Lauderdale airport and in order to get there by 7:30 AM I don't think you'll ever make it. You could try calling Royal Caribbean to find out what the earliest you could get off the ship is. Even if they told you could get off by 6:30 AM if they have a problem clearing customs you may not get off until eight or nine. The airport is only 20 minutes from Port Everglades

If you self-disembark you should make it barring an unusual delay. Oasis and Allure have great track records of being on time and are the first ships to disembark. You usually can be off around 6:15 to 6:30 and at that time lines for customs are typically short and traffic minimal. He airport is so close you can see it from the port (assuming you are using FLL) - so unless a delay occurs you should be at the airport before 7:00am. Sure there is some risk and it will be a bit stressful, but if you self-disembark your chances are probably 95% or higher of making the flight.

Ok.. Sounds like it can be done, but something can happen that may make me miss it. I will probably worry the entire cruise. Doesn't sound worth it to me. I will stay another day. Thanks for all your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

GO FOR IT! Youre FINE!!

Airlines don't mind at ALL when u show up really late .. hey you have a confirmed seat .. they HAVE to take you! And don't let them tell you otherwise either! Its their pleasure ...... REALLY.

:rolleyes:

Edited by F27TW

GO FOR IT! Youre FINE!!

Airlines don't mind at ALL when u show up really late .. hey you have a confirmed seat .. they HAVE to take you! And don't let them tell you otherwise either! Its their pleasure ...... REALLY.

:rolleyes:

Totally irresponsible post!:mad:

1. Yes, airlines do mind when you show up late and miss the flight... think penalties!

2. How can they take you if you miss the flight?

3. You will be at their mercy for rescheduling.

4. Will you pay the OP's penalties?

5. Please tone down your fonts!

If you were being sarcastic, remember that most people will not read your post that way!

Edited by yogimax

Some friends got off the Allure this morning and made an 8:15am flight, but I would NOT recommend it. They had confirmed later flights and stood by for the earlier flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I wanted to book a 9:30 flight after our Legend cruise (feb. 14 at FLL airport and was a non-stop flight home) and didn't. We would have made it with no problem. It was a Friday. We did self debarkation. We were not the first ones off the ship. When we got to the airport, there was a really long line for the TSA screening. Our flight was at 10:50, and we had to make a stop. Would have been nice to have had the non-stop, and been home 3.5 hours earlier. BUT, if I would have reserved the 9:30 flight, something probably would have gone wrong, and would have missed the flight. Also, I would have worried all cruise long about missing my flight home! Not worth the hassle.

I'm an airline pilot. Yes, the odds are you should make it. But you will be stressed the whole time. The airport is only 15 minutes away, but you have to contend with traffic, other passengers, TSA, check in, luggage, etc. We came in on Legend the other day and they didn't release passengers until 7:15. However I agree that Oasis is much easier and faster to get off. Is your ticket "changeable," or is there a change fee? Are there other flights available at the same ticket price? You will pay the fees if you are late. And, we won't wait. They shut the airplane door 10 minutes prior to pushback, and if you aren't on board, then you aren't getting on board. I, personally disagree with the policy, but they don't listen to me. I have sat in the cockpit many times watching a couple of passengers begging me to open up and let them on, to no avail. Also keep in mind that "cruise day" is usually a fairly heavy travel day and there may not be any seats on the next flights.

You might want to consider a more expensive later flight that may be cheaper in the long run than spending the night. Or, give it a shot and see. Like others have said, you'll likely make it. We have friends flying to a cruise from Atlanta to Seattle on the day the ship leaves. They are scheduled to arrive in Seattle a little after noon. They'll likely make it. Unless a storm delays departure, there is a mechanical on the plane, someone gets ill and they divert, there is a car accident on the freeway between the airport and port, etc. But they'll likely be ok.... as will you. Let us know if how it goes. I'd be interested what you decide, and if you decide to "go for it," as others have advised (I try to get blackjack players to take a hit on 16, tell them to go for it too), and let us know your feelings. Good luck.

We departed our cabin on Allure yesterday at 6:50 AM and we were sitting at the gate at FLL at 8 AM. We could have gotten off of Allure about 20 minutes earlier than we did but after eating breakfast we took one last walk around the decks.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Very tempting...Rather get home on Sat and not have to pay for another hotel. Plus it's cheaper.... Than if something happens and I miss my flight...not good. Have to think about this one. I do know it can be done though.

Thanks everyone...other than some sarcastic remarks :rolleyes:

Do self debarkation and you'll be fine. Ignore the anecdotal stories from those debarking ships OTHER than Oasis or Allure. Until someone comes on here and reports first-hand about a delay in self-debarkation on Oasis or Allure, it is safe to assume they will continue to go off without a hitch.

I agree with a lot of the other postings, we were called off the Oasis at 6:15 am and in our car on I95 before 7AM, very fast debarking, I think as long as you do self luggage you will be fine