eBoarding Pass symbols

Griff4AU

Tried a search (very glad it's back).... although I couldn't find what I am looking for, but I know someone around here will know this off the top of their head...

We're sailing in a few days and have printed off the eBoarding Passes. Under the "Internal Use Only" (middle, on the right), both me and the "boss" have different symbols. I don't remember these, but admittedly it's been a while since we've sailed Princess. Please tell me these aren't pre-screen symbols (Well, tell me if they are). I am guessing they aren't Captain's Circle status, but they may be since I am Ruby and she is Gold. The symbol on her pass is a globe, and I am guessing it's because she isn't a US citizen, but that's a guess. Any ideas to what the various symbols mean?

Tried a search (very glad it's back).... although I couldn't find what I am looking for, but I know someone around here will know this off the top of their head...

We're sailing in a few days and have printed off the eBoarding Passes. Under the "Internal Use Only" (middle, on the right), both me and the "boss" have different symbols. I don't remember these, but admittedly it's been a while since we've sailed Princess. Please tell me these aren't pre-screen symbols (Well, tell me if they are). I am guessing they aren't Captain's Circle status, but they may be since I am Ruby and she is Gold. The symbol on her pass is a globe, and I am guessing it's because she isn't a US citizen, but that's a guess. Any ideas to what the various symbols mean?

Mine is a maple leaf, so, as a Canadian, your ideas about citizenship makes sense.

What is your symbol?

OK, I had to laugh a little at that. I was picturing a really bad pickup line from a cheesy bar... "What's your symbol (sign)?"

I'm thinking it's nationality. Me and Michael are stars, Chrysalis is a Canuck with a maple leaf, and my better half has an EU passport with the globe on her pass.

Too bad it's nothing confrontational so we can have another Cruise Critic battle... like "why Elites shouldn't have to wait or pay for anything, and how Blue cards should carry the bags for Gold cards and how Ruby members should buy all the drinks for the Platinums"... I just LOVE those threads... (I guess my wee bit of sarcasm is flowing... I'm overdue to Escape Completely.... no wait, that was last year... Time to come back new....)

Seriously, thanks for the help. I was curious!

Edited by SheepdogGriff

[quote name=SheepdogGriff;42080933............................SNIP..........................

Too bad it's nothing confrontational so we can have another Cruise Critic battle... like "why Elites shouldn't have to wait or pay for anything' date=' and how Blue cards should carry the bags for Gold cards and how Ruby members should buy all the drinks for the Platinums"... I just LOVE those threads... (I guess my wee bit of sarcasm is flowing... I'm overdue to Escape Completely.... no wait, that was last year... Time to come back new....)

Seriously, thanks for the help. I was curious![/quote]

Don't come back new-you're fine just the way you are! LOL

Edited by Ethel5

I heard that Texans are lobbying to have their star replaced with a cowboy hat and a lasso.

Of course not. Texas is the Lone Star State, so a Lone Star obviously should mean Texas. I don't know why the rest of you have a Lone Star on your boarding pass.;)

Texas was only going to get the Lone Star had they successfully seceded from the Union during any of their very warranted public outcries. I think last one was was either because of the sequestration or ObamaCare (I forgot)... And yes, I really do think the Texas government (and most, but not all, states) can run more efficiently than our federal government can...

Hey, if I wasn't going to cause any controversy with the symbols or the Captain's Circle levels, I might as well throw politics in to the mix!

Maybe my good friends from Texas should protest Princess for putting a lone star on non-Texans boarding passes.... (in case my St. Patrick's Day sarcasm is a wee too bit extreme, I actually supported the message of the Texas threat to secede because our friends in DC can't run their business... I don't want to upset my Texas friends!)

Edited by SheepdogGriff

Of course not. Texas is the Lone Star State, so a Lone Star obviously should mean Texas. I don't know why the rest of you have a Lone Star on your boarding pass.;)

Sorry pardner. I should have known that! Didn't mean to denigrate your wonderful republic. I guess the sun here in Arizona is gettin' to my head. BTW, we want a Saguaro cactus or a Gila Monster.

Sorry pardner. I should have known that! Didn't mean to denigrate your wonderful republic. I guess the sun here in Arizona is gettin' to my head. BTW, we want a Saguaro cactus or a Gila Monster.

Arizona could be represented by a sun burst symbol. Here is Oregon, of course, a sparkling raindrop symbol would be appropriate.

Or maybe a California car tag.:eek: They seem to be everywhere.:D:D

Well, so far we know the whole US has a star, in spite of Texas claiming sole possession. :D

Canadians have a maple leaf unless it gets stolen to cover naughty bits.

It seems the rest of the world has a globe although I'm sure not everyone has had the opportunity to post.

And finally, a Princess transfer gets you a bus symbol.

Anybody think EZ-Air gets you and airplane symbol?

And finally, a Princess transfer gets you a bus symbol.

Well, if a Princess transfer gets you a bus symbol, then we are missing a bus on our docs. We also have a precruise booked and if theory follows, we should also have a hotel and we don't. We just have the maple leaf since we are Cdns.

Anybody think EZ-Air gets you and airplane symbol?

Well, if a Princess transfer gets you a bus symbol, then we are missing a bus on our docs. We also have a precruise booked and if theory follows, we should also have a hotel and we don't.

The bus symbol on the boarding pass is for the benefit of the airport person coordinating xfers to the ship so he/she knows at a glance if you have purchased the xfer.

With a pre-cruise hotel and xfer booked, the bus symbol is not needed as you are not taking a xfer from the airport to the ship on the day of embarkation.

The "country" symbol is to alert check-in personnel about passport and visa needs.

With a pre-cruise hotel and xfer booked, the bus symbol is not needed as you are not taking a xfer from the airport to the ship on the day of embarkation.

That makes sense! Thanks for the clarification. :D

Too bad it's nothing confrontational so we can have another Cruise Critic battle... like "why Elites shouldn't have to wait or pay for anything, and how Blue cards should carry the bags for Gold cards and how Ruby members should buy all the drinks for the Platinums"...

I think those are the new benefits, and I LOVE them! :D;);)