How much is too much for an inside?

For 7 day cruise, I'm thinking $600-700 for a standard inside stateroom (be happier w/ $500), a little more for a virtual or promenade inside. About $800-1000 for a balcony and $1200-$1500 for JS. If you get $1,200 for a JS, that's a VERY good rate! But it also depends on your itinerary. Alaska is always higher than Caribbean.

Personally, the largest we've been on is the Independence.

Some may say there's more to offer on the Allure, but there's also more extra fee restaurants too.

Right now, they're offering all these so called promotions, but the base prices have increased. Since all these "wonderful" promotions have started, I haven't received one email from my price drop site!

Those prices don't happen for the most part on the best ships in the world. What does extra fee restaurants have to do with the cost of the cruise. They have all the free ones you've had on your cruises too.

I know this varies per person, but I dearly need some feedback.

Im planning a cruise for the 23rd of aug through the 2nd of Sept. I was looking at doing the Oasis, since I have been on the Allure and loved it. But right now, prices for an smaller interior cabin are 999.99! I paid 1,300 for a JS on the Allure so 1,000 for an inside just sounds crazy to me. But I really want to do this particular cruise because I want to see the Oasis shows, and there is a 2 day cruise on the Oasis after the 7 day that I could take without using any of our work vacation days.

But I just don't know if I would be insane to pay 1,000 for an small inside room on the Oasis!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you put in your state when you priced it. There are some resident promos on this cruise

Do what is best for you, and definitely ignore rude comments from other people. I've been cruising for 30 yrs., 25 or so, well over half by myself. Inside suits me fine the way pricing is now! I have sailed in balcony cabins, a mini suite of sorts years ago, single bunk cabins, which were available on some ships way back when, all that matters is where you want to go, and being on a cruise ship. Enjoy!

There is nothing wrong with inside cabins.

They are the greatest when cruising with everyday a port.

Been sailing for 60 years and what did the balcony snobs did years ago?

Most ships did not have balconies.

I feel the cruise lines should go back to 1st class and tourist class then you don't have to put up with cruise snobs.

Just in case you wonder, yes I have been in all the type of cabins but love the inside the best.

By the way on the TA ,Alaska. North Europe and the East coast of US the balcony are usually to cold to have your breakfast.

My rule is do i want to pay the requested amount for what they are offering. You are correct this does varies per person and there is no way for others to answer this question for you.

But I just don't know if I would be insane to pay 1,000 for an small inside room on the Oasis!

If this is the going rate and you want to go and are willing to pay the price then no it is not insane, on the other hand if you think it is to much to pay for what RCI is offering, then yes is it insane.

Im planning a cruise for the 23rd of aug through the 2nd of Sept. I was looking at doing the Oasis, since I have been on the Allure and loved it. But right now, prices for an smaller interior cabin are 999.99! I paid 1,300 for a JS on the Allure so 1,000 for an inside just sounds crazy to me. But I really want to do this particular cruise because I want to see the Oasis shows, and there is a 2 day cruise on the Oasis after the 7 day that I could take without using any of our work vacation days.

That is just before Labor Day, so you are hitting the last week of Summer for many schools up North. Anything at that time is probably going to be more expensive. If you could wait a few weeks you will probably see a big drop in price

I'll be the first to admit I am on the cheap side, but I wouldn't even spend $1000pp on a balcony for a 7-nighter. I shop around until I can find a cruise fare that fits my budget, and more often than not there are numerous cruises on great ships where you can sail under that price point... even in a balcony cabin, especially taking loyalty and residency discounts into account.

Edited by Dajbman22

In the postings I read, I only seen one where the Freedom was mentioned, and they said they were going there next.

It has been years (I have cruised on several lines within the past 25 years, having inside, ocean view and balcony.) since I have cruised on RCCL.

We are go to cruise the end of April on the FOTS. I would have got an ocean view, but..........the inside room was almost $900.00. WOW! I have never paid that price for any room on any ship until now. Hopefully it will be worth every penny that we are paying for this cruise. Last time I was on RCCL, they lost our luggage for almost 4 days. :mad:

my husband and I really want to do a Eastern Caribbean cruise...we did the Allure last Sept over Labor Day for 1,200 per person for a JS. I would love to go on the Oasis to see the different shows and there was lots on the Allure we didnt get to do! There really isnt a different RCI ship besides the Freedom that we could go on in August because we love going out of Florida...Freedom is pricey as well, just a little bit cheaper than the Oasis. Our other alternative is to do Carnival, which we have done before and enjoyed (we do like RCI better), and we could get a full suite for 999.00 per person there.

I will probably book the Oasis, just because I know it will be a GREAT vacation. But Im just trying to decide if its better to book before or after the WOW sale...or even if I should wait until after final payment date to book

For us $999 is high but, because my husband has to have basically complete darkness to sleep, an inside is all we ever book and we'd pay it if we wanted to go on that boat or itinerary. We paid $950pp for an inside on Oasis last summer but we got an inside on Allure (8/31-9/7, 2014 labor day week) for a little over $700 so I'm happy with that. I think it all depends on what you really want, no one can decide value for you. I have had people comment to me that only cheap people who can't afford to cruise the "right way" would book an inside or there are those that wouldn't take a free cruise from Royal or anyone else if they had to go in an inside room so you have to decide how high is too high! Good luck :)

Well count me as one of those "cheap people" what will never cruise "the right way" then! I wouldnt pay 1000.00 pp for a balcony on any ship!! :D Much less an inside cabin!

Funny thing is, Im entitled to about everything those "balcony only" cruisers are for much less money :)

I want the cheapest way on board. Period. Luckily with prices drops Ive been able to get a window a few times! A cabin is on the very bottom of the list as far as priorities goes when it comes to cruising for me. its literally only a place to shower and sleep a few hours.

Edited by ryano

Of course it's possible to get an inside cabin cheaper than $1000 a person, it's possible to get a balcony for less than that. Certainly on Carnival or other, older RCI ships. But if you want to go on Oasis, the price point is going to be higher. Period. So for those folks that wouldn't pay that much for an inside, they won't be going on the Oasis any time soon. It's like saying you can eat dinner for under $10 so no way you'd pay $50. Yes you can, at McDonald's or the like, but not at an upscale steakhouse. It's about paying for what you want. If you want to sail on Oasis, I say book it and watch for price drops. But be prepared to pay the price you booked at. Then go and and enjoy and AMAZING ship. It'll be worth it, IMO. :)

Edited by yj2cute

. So for those folks that wouldn't pay that much for an inside, they won't be going on the Oasis any time soon.

Sure they will. I see inside cabins on Oasis and Allure for much less than 1000.00 pp all the time. In fact, if someone can cruise in 10 days, there are inside cabins on Oasis for 649.00. It all has to do with the time of year you plan on cruising.

Edited by ryano

Sure they will. I see inside cabins on Oasis and Allure for much less than 1000.00 pp all the time. It all has to do with the time of year you plan on cruising.

You are absolutely correct. So they most likely won't be going during peak Summer time months any time soon. Luckily for me, I'm not restricted to that time of year to cruise, but many are.

To me, personally, more than $100 pp/pd (base fare) for an inside and I start looking at oceanview or balcony cabins, other ships, other itineraries, possibly other cruiselines or an entirely different vacation.

I had an inside "L" on Allure that became a hump balcony D1 for no money out of pocket because of price drops. It was $949 per person. I originally was willing to spend that on an inside just to experience the ship. Now that I have "been there, done that" I would revert back to my $100 pp/pd base fare guideline for insides.

So they most likely won't be going during peak Summer time months any time soon. e.

Or during the Holidays :) I too am lucky that I am not restricted on when I can take a vacation. My Favorite time to cruise is February or late April, early May.

Or during the Holidays :) I too am lucky that I am not restricted on when I can take a vacation. My Favorite time to cruise is February or late April, early May.

My fave is during the Fall, Sept-Nov. Usually few children and excellent prices! What more can you ask for?

I was just trying to make the point that some ships/sailings command higher prices and anyone who had a hard and fast line they won't cross will be excluded. Anyone who won't pay $1000 for an inside won't be seeing the Quantum or Anthem anytime soon either.

Edited by yj2cute

When you say Balcony are you referring to just Oceanview or are you including Boardwalk? We are paying $1100pp for a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis in April and I'm trying to figure out if we got an ok price or not. This is our second cruise so not too savvy when it comes to watching the fares etc

You have my curiosity up.:) What is the difference between a balcony, and a boardwalk balcony?

Allure and Oasis have three types of balcony cabins, Oceanview balcony that you are overlooking the water, a Central Park balcony that you overlook Central Park and a boardwalk balcony that overlooks the boardwalk/ aqua theater.

I just booked FOS for $439 before taxes, prepaid gratuities and insurance. Paying $659.77 total per person including everything I listed in previous sentence for an inside cabin for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean. I wouldn't pay much more than that for an inside unless an OV is more than twice that price. Same cruise two weeks later is already 200 bucks more pp.

I just booked FOS for $439 before taxes, prepaid gratuities and insurance. Paying $659.77 total per person including everything I listed in previous sentence for an inside cabin for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean. I wouldn't pay much more than that for an inside unless an OV is more than twice that price. Same cruise two weeks later is already 200 bucks more pp.

What date?