This was supposed to be a glorious day instead I am at the ER

Thoughts and prayers are sent your way. Don't ever call yourself stupid, there's no such thing! They always say things happen for a reason.....and you can count your blessings this didn't happen out in the ocean! You are in great hands, and here's wishing you get your results asap, so you can still go on your cruise. And if that doesn't happen, there are a lot more cruises in the future you can go on. Your health is top priority right now. Please take care, and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Liberty is still sitting there in port,maybe they get to go.

I had several gall stone attacks before getting my gall badder removed. The second attack actually happened while on vacation in Maui. It was painful for a few hours but not something I would have ended a vacation for.

Hopefully they make it. :)

We can definitely sympathise with you. We had a B2B on March 30 & April 6

scheduled since the sailings first came out. We had to get a new cardiologist,

who did a stress test on us both. He discovered that DH' s heart was only pumping 30% of what it should have been doing. So, on Feb. 25, he had a

pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, but we thought he would be ok by March 30.

On March 15, he said he felt really bad. I was talking to the doctor when the

defibrillator shocked him. Panic! Trip to emergency surgery, because one of the leads had pulled out. After 3 hours of surgery, we both knew the B2B's were

not to be.

Yesterday and the Sunday before, we watched "our ship" sail away, sad, but

thankful that we weren't in the middle of the ocean. Cruises can be replaced; husbands can't!

We never sail without travel insurance booked at cruise booking, so thankfully

all we are out is the cost of the insurance.

Hope everything will work out well for you.

Cruzin Lady

I'm glad your husband is okay. I'm sure it was very disappointing to miss the B2B....but just like you said, cruises can be replaced. Hope you have many more great ones :)

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

I had elevated liver enzymes with gallstones, too. Turned out to be a "life-threatening" blocked bile duct. The doctor said he was surprised I'd been walking around with it. It was very painful but a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do. I just bring that up to say that while you may have been tempted to fight through the pain, it is a good thing it was caught. I hope it turns out to be a non-event, but as others have said, you wouldn't want a true emergency to occur on the ship. And all this will make for a good story later!

Hope it is all working out for you.

I was in Florida when I gave in to the pain. ER docs confirmed Pancreatitus and wanted me admitted to the hospital. Heck with the holiday-it was a lost cause. With fistfuls of pills I managed to get home by not telling Southwest Airlines how seriously ill I was. Two weeks later I was released from my local hospital.

Great weight loss program---little expensive. Went on the trip later. Had more fun......wasn't throwing up in every bathroom.

I hope all ends well.

You will have far more fun traveling when you are well. Additionally, it's just darn right frightening to be so far from home when you are sick. Better to be home in your support network.

Edited by Donut23

We can definitely sympathise with you. We had a B2B on March 30 & April 6

scheduled since the sailings first came out. We had to get a new cardiologist,

who did a stress test on us both. He discovered that DH' s heart was only pumping 30% of what it should have been doing. So, on Feb. 25, he had a

pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, but we thought he would be ok by March 30.

On March 15, he said he felt really bad. I was talking to the doctor when the

defibrillator shocked him. Panic! Trip to emergency surgery, because one of the leads had pulled out. After 3 hours of surgery, we both knew the B2B's were

not to be.

Yesterday and the Sunday before, we watched "our ship" sail away, sad, but

thankful that we weren't in the middle of the ocean. Cruises can be replaced; husbands can't!

We never sail without travel insurance booked at cruise booking, so thankfully

all we are out is the cost of the insurance.

Hope everything will work out well for you.

Cruzin Lady

Hi Carolyn, tell Hoyt we'll (Emmie and I) say a prayer for him for a quick recovery.

Thank you all for the positive vibes - They worked <3

After I was discharged from the ER at almost 3:00pm I had to run to CVS to pick up the meds they prescribed and that took what it seemed like an eternity ... we were at the ship at around 3:45 and we were probably the last to board but we made it!!

We had a blast on the ship and the ports- what a beautiful vessel she is

I will be writing a full pictorial review once the sea legs are gone lol

I had no health issues thank God and was able to enjoy food and drinks .. in moderation :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

After I was discharged from the ER at almost 3:00pm I had to run to CVS to pick up the meds they prescribed and that took what it seemed like an eternity ... we were at the ship at around 3:45 and we were probably the last to board but we made it!!

I had no health issues thank God and was able to enjoy food and drinks .. in moderation :D

Terrific news, thanks for coming back and letting us know. :)

Hoist one for me still cold here in Canada! :cool:

@cruzin lady - Glad your DH is well now and you get to enjoy many more cruises together.

@PCWalton1- yeah i was hoping since this was my first attack ever I will risk it and get on board despite the warnings the doctors kept giving me.. gamble paid off :D

@ktkcruisers - I am trying to remember since i was under such stress talking to them from the ER bed.... but from I remember they said that if I fax them a copy of the doctor on his letter head explaining that I had to be hospitalized (no need for details) that I can either use that sum of money (minus some penalty but I forgot the %) to rebook immediately (like a transfer for an upcoming cruise?) or for 50% of what we paid we can do an open booking

@LovesCruising - LOL ... I think they felt bad for me because I was crying so bad so they hurried as best they can - they had posted times for blood work and ultra sound results and those were in the upward of 2-3 hours , but I got my blood work and u/s in an hour. I did have to wait for the doctor though because he was busy ... all in all I am very pleased with our hospital - I had couple of surgeries there and delivered my baby there - it is top notch .. everybody is wonderful and professional .. yeah! Holy Cross Medical <3

@Donut23 - lol @ 'cheap weight loss program' , but you are right , traveling sick is not good .. better get healthy , everything else can wait.

While I was upset about missing the cruise I was prepared to stay home if my results were not good , but doctor said blood work was fine and there are some gall stones but there is no telling i they will cause immediate problem and i was feeling healthy and well really ...