Request Couch Removal

afreetdragon

By chance is there a 2 person HC cabin? I might be wrong but are all the couches a bed for the 3rd person? A 2 person room might not have one...unless that would make the room smaller. Try calling your PVP or if you dont have one call carnival directly and see if this is a possibility.

[quote name='momof2cruzingurlz']By chance is there a 2 person HC cabin? I might be wrong but are all the couches a bed for the 3rd person? A 2 person room might not have one...unless that would make the room smaller. Try calling your PVP or if you dont have one call carnival directly and see if this is a possibility.[/quote]

I would actually caution the OP about this (especially on the Liberty or similar class ship). 1001 and 1002 are 4 person cabins with a couch; 1003 and 1004 are 2 person cabins with no couch. The bed placement in [B]1003[/B] and [B]1004[/B] is IMHO, [U]not well suited[/U] for a full time wheelchair user and I wouldn't change over to either of those rooms because you don't end up with more space, you end up with difficulty getting into bed (the beds are in a corner space).

[quote name='meatloafsfan']I would actually caution the OP about this (especially on the Liberty or similar class ship). 1001 and 1002 are 4 person cabins with a couch; 1003 and 1004 are 2 person cabins with no couch. The bed placement in [B]1003[/B] and [B]1004[/B] is IMHO, [U]not well suited[/U] for a full time wheelchair user and I wouldn't change over to either of those rooms because you don't end up with more space, you end up with difficulty getting into bed (the beds are in a corner space).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for adding this comment! This is the type of posts that I am sure are of some help to the OP and others!

OP please don't stop asking questions. Eventually you will find enough thoughtful answers to help you make the best decisions to make your cruise comfortable.

[quote name='afreetdragon']Actually it was indeed an a question. A simple No would have sufficed. I didn't need all the other comments. I came across pictures of the cabin on the internet and it looked to be small. I don't get it. I've been coming on this board since I started cruising only last year and I thought it was a great site to get information. BUT, when I get called names and treated this way I will reconsider next time who I get to answer my questions. BTW, my husband is of no concern to anyone here because he would help me move it if it WAS in the way. I've met some great people while cruising and now I hope I never meet some of the respondents to my post... Judgement much?[/quote]

Hi..I'm not sure if they would remove it to be truthful, but it doesn't hurt to ask. They might ask you the reason. We really don't use the couch for ourselves either, but sometimes we just use it to put some of our stuff on it. As for those who posted there's no place for them to put it, that is completely false. When I took the ship tour, we were shown many areas of deck 0 where all of the various departments for the operations of the ship, including storage areas. There is a very large storage area with fork lifts.. where they keep all of the extra furnishings/mattresses/fridges and so on (new or broken...whatever needs to be swapped out or just to have extra on hand). Deck 0 is like another world. Enjoy your cruise.

[quote name='dixieva']Doesn't hurt to ask.

We have asked before for a chair to be removed on RCI and were told that there was no place to store it.[/QUOTE]

On the Liberty, our couch was not attached to the wall (had to move it to find my son's glasses and iTouch! :rolleyes:). :)

I'm typically the first person to give a snarky remark to a question I think is lame, but your question seems perfectly legit to me, and I'd tell you if I felt differently.;)

I can tell you that when my DS (now 9) was a baby and we sailed with him sleeping in a pack n play, I've been known to move a chair or 2 onto the balcony to make more room in the cabin.

I'm sure such behavior is frowned upon by the cruiseline, I didn't really care. I didn't ask, I just did it. The chairs we under the overhang so they didn't get wet or damaged, and I put them back when I was done.:eek:

[quote name='afreetdragon']I was curious..I'm in room 1002 on the Liberty and it looks as though there is a couch

If I request it be removed will they do so?? I won't need it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they can remove the sofa but if they cant maybe they could remove the table to make a little extra room. I see that the sofa is tucked away on the right side of the room along the wall at the end of the bed so hopefully that will help. I know that you can email the Carnival at specialneeds dot com.

Hope you have a great time!

[quote name='thistimeplease']If it makes everyone feel better to blame the OP for the wording of the original question then go ahead and use that as an excuse for your nasty comments. OP have a great vacation and I'm glad you were able to get the answer to your question.[/quote]

I like your post.

So many here complain when people ask the same questions over and over. Some even call for them to be closed by the Mods.
Well, we all agree YOURS WAS NEW!
Don't let the Snarks get you down!
Enjoy your cruise!:cool:

[quote name='afreetdragon']To me (person confined to a wheelchair) anything that is not needed in a room pretty much is just taking up space to which I could use.

I have been in situations before where a hotel states the room is HC accessible but when I arrive 10-12 hours from home I could hardly get in the room. So when I ask questions about rooms to me its not dumb or crazy its realistic. To the average person it may seem crazy to remove a couch and yes! I get that...but the comments were unnecessary. Thats all..No biggie

It's official They won't move it. I'll go on my cruise. I'll enjoy it. and i'll continue to cruise. The one thing I've learned is just not to ask a question or if i ask a question I just need to expect to get some jerky comments because people don't know my situation.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Black"]Thank you for coming back and posting why you asked the question. I hate that you were bothered by some of the comments. Sometimes there are "strange" questions posted as jokes by some and I think some of the posters might have been wondering if this was one. I have been a member of CC for a long time and I have to say that is the first time I have ever seen that question. I think you would have received better, more civil answers had you clarified that you were asking because you use a wheelchair and wanted to know if it could be removed to provide more room for you.

I think that you will find that you have adequate room if you have booked an accessible cabin. If you go to go to the site Cruiselinerooms you may find photos of your cabin or one very similar to it. [/COLOR][/B]

Perhaps if the original poster had, instead of saying that she 'didn't need the couch' had clarified... "I use a wheelchair, and sometimes find the space to be very tight. If I weren't able to move/turn/get into/out of my chair, could the sofa be removed?"

Then, the responses you got would have been more helpful.

I was curious, too. Without you saying that you had mobility issues, my first response would have been 'didn't you look at the room images before you booked?'

Most of us LIKE a sofa, because it means the cabin is larger and there's more room to relax.

[quote name='Mysticks1'][B][COLOR="Black"]Thank you for coming back and posting why you asked the question. I hate that you were bothered by some of the comments. Sometimes there are "strange" questions posted as jokes by some and I think some of the posters might have been wondering if this was one. I have been a member of CC for a long time and I have to say that is the first time I have ever seen that question. I think you would have received better, more civil answers had you clarified that you were asking because you use a wheelchair and wanted to know if it could be removed to provide more room for you.

I think that you will find that you have adequate room if you have booked an accessible cabin. If you go to go to the site Cruiselinerooms you may find photos of your cabin or one very similar to it. [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

I wasn't worried at all until I went to that site and saw the pictures. To me to room looked small and that's what made me ask they question.

[quote name='Sue Do-Over']Perhaps if the original poster had, instead of saying that she 'didn't need the couch' had clarified... "I use a wheelchair, and sometimes find the space to be very tight. If I weren't able to move/turn/get into/out of my chair, could the sofa be removed?"

Then, the responses you got would have been more helpful.

I was curious, too. Without you saying that you had mobility issues, my first response would have been 'didn't you look at the room images before you booked?'

Most of us LIKE a sofa, because it means the cabin is larger and there's more room to relax.[/QUOTE]

My point is... Couldn't I just ask the question and get a No or something. Why the jerky comments? Or just say Why would you want it moved?

I didn't get upset at the No comments. It was the rudeness. But I'm all good.
I am a person that's reasonable and I see the point people are making, that had I stated Why I wanted it to be moved maybe then I would have not had the rude comments...Which in turn makes me wonder

So had I been an able bodied person it would be stupid or crazy for me to want a couch moved...

I'm also a simple person. So I don't like a lot of bells and whistles.

Still.....I just don't understand all the hoopla. But I get the answer now so again...I'm good. People can carry on to another question. I appreciate all the answers given. Thanks to everyone.

[quote name='afreetdragon']
So had I been an able bodied person it would be stupid or crazy for me to want a couch moved...
[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Black"]I don't know about stupid or crazy but definitely unique or unusual. As many have stated, it hasn't been asked here at least in the time that I have been a member. I would never even think to ask them to move something out of the room, especially the couch which is standard in pretty much every room and has drawers for storage underneath it. I have seen questions about the coffee table being removed but none of the other furniture. [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='missdebi']Personally I was glad to see a brand new question~not cheers,not smuggling,not table clothes! Glad you found the answer it certainly made me wonder if it was a possibility.[/QUOTE]I agree although I wish the OP would stop coming back to respond to those who hurt her feelings.
Enough already !

[quote name='richstowe']I agree although I wish the OP would stop coming back to respond to those who hurt her feelings.
Enough already ![/QUOTE]

Agree. Her feelings were hurt because the first post sounded like a silly request. Had she elaborated as to why, the responses would be different. She knew why, but we didn't.

[quote name='sanmarcosman']No, people are jerks here. The site name should be changed to CruiseJerks. ;)[/QUOTE

Hahaha! There are quite a few jerks on this site,but there are also some nice helpful people as well. I like to look at it as glass half full:)

[quote name='Mysticks1'][B][COLOR=Black]Thank you for coming back and posting why you asked the question. I hate that you were bothered by some of the comments. Sometimes there are "strange" questions posted as jokes by some and I think some of the posters might have been wondering if this was one. I have been a member of CC for a long time and I have to say that is the first time I have ever seen that question. I think you would have received better, more civil answers had you clarified that you were asking because you use a wheelchair and wanted to know if it could be removed to provide more room for you.

I think that you will find that you have adequate room if you have booked an accessible cabin. If you go to go to the site Cruiselinerooms you may find photos of your cabin or one very similar to it. [/COLOR][/B][/quote]

+1 Clarification is a beautiful thing ;)

OP,
Don't worry about it. Everyone is a comedian online. Why all these people think they need your details before answering a question is beyond me. I agree with the other half of the responses on here. I'd call Carnival and ask them or better yet, and more likely to help, is I would ask the steward when you get there as you're handing him a $20 bill if there is anything that can be done about the couch being removed.

*I do think that a majority of the responses were light and meant to be humorous. It's the people afterwards who seem to think an explanation was required is what boggles my mind.