What kind of bar soap is HAL providing?

CowPrincess

Thank you for sharing your experience, though I suspect you were just looking for a chance to slam HAL.

Not really a slam. We've done 3 cruises on HAL, and will do more. But I, also, find the Elemis soap extremely drying. And what the shampoo does to my fine, curly hair is hair-raising! It comes out looking like a fuzzball.

I, also, bring my own shampoo and bath soap on HAL now.

I opened this thread out of curiosity. I expected to hear a great deal of whining about the quality of bar soap and I was correct. Am I the only one who could give two hoots about which type of complimentary bar soap is provided?

The Elemis soaps dry my skin, the hair care products are nasty. I bring my own. The one bar that is in the bathroom will do for washing hands.

I've heard of this happening to people who suffer from certain skin conditions. You're wise to bring your own bath products. Hope things clear up for you.

Edited by POA1

Am I the only one who could give two hoots about which type of complimentary bar soap is provided?

Not at all. We have a dear friend who loves to keep track what products are used at different Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons, Waldorf Astorias, and so on. We have another friend who watches the complimentary Champagne pours in different hotels' concierge lounges We even have a friend who scores pool amenities offered to guests and makes note of how a particular property handles it when a guest tries to adjust his or her own pool lounger.

Rest assured that you're not alone in noticing the soap. :)

I guess I'm even going to sound strange but I enjoy using the Elemis Shampoo as my body wash:cool:

I used it as detergent for my hand-wash laundry I did in the bathroom sink. I also used it as hand soap to wash my hands in the bathroom.

The body wash caused an allergic reaction, but the shampoo was fine for me to use. I asked my cabin steward for some soap for use in the shower and he replaced the bar every other day until I asked him to stop because I had so many.

Does anyone know if the Neptune suites also have dispensers in the bathtub and shower? Or do they provide actual little bottles of the Elemis products as in years past? I just have a "thing" about dispensers.. it's just me.. hoping we'll get the little travel sized bottles in the suite... (Oosterdam)

The Oosterdam Neptune Suites have the dispensers for the bathtub and shower.

The only travel size container is of the body lotion.

• 3 years later...

YES< this is an oLD threaD but google brought it up for my search ..... ANy one know where I can n buy HAL's bar bath soap, t he ginseng clarifying bar (yellow) I have a few bar s and would like to buy more.

However, given how old this thread,,,,,,,, Wow, posts by Cow Princess. :) Did she ever return t o CC?

Sometimes I read current posts and think of her.

YES< this is an oLD threaD but google brought it up for my search ..... ANy one know where I can n buy HAL's bar bath soap, t he ginseng clarifying bar (yellow) I have a few bar s and would like to buy more.

However, given how old this thread,,,,,,,, Wow, posts by Cow Princess. :) Did she ever return t o CC?

Sometimes I read current posts and think of her.

Me too, I have noticed her absence as well as several others. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for sharing your experience, though I suspect you were just looking for a chance to slam HAL.

They complain about everything BUT keep on going on HAL . I buy Elemis it is the same as in the dispensers

We also love the Elemis products. Like CowPrincess, smelling it here at home takes the imagination back onboard.

Some of you "old timers" may remember the Royal Dutch products. Those were outstanding, and we hated to see them replaced. But now, Elemis is just fine.

I must be really odd, but I had no idea what kind a soap it was. We have had well over 100 cruises and I never noticed the brand. As long as we have soap and it doesn't give me a rash.

I'm really interested in Brands of Vodka though.

Sandra

The Oosterdam Neptune Suites have the dispensers for the bathtub and shower.

The only travel size container is of the body lotion.

All ca bins on all the ships have the dispensrs now but I always ask for a bar of soap, which I prefrf and I really like that ginseng bath soap. :).

On my December 15th Zaandam sailing, there was a large green bar of soap for use at the lavatory. I looked at the packaging, but did not recognize the name. It was perfectly fine for me and lasted throughout the 22 day cruise; it could have gone much longer as well.

Freak! :D

:) I use the shampoo in the dispenser to hand wash my 'dainties' as I don't like to send them to the laundry. :) If it is mild enough for my hair, it is mild enough for my undies.