Aqua Class Cabins - Reduction in Amenities

Longhorn Tex

When I booked our cruise last year (AQ on Solstice), I noticed the amenities were different between AQ and Concierge Class. I spoke to a Celebrity rep about this, and she assured me that AQ gets everything in Concierge Class, PLUS all the rest of the stuff (Persian Garden access, etc, and dining in Blu). I actually made a point of telling her that they should fix their website accordingly, because it's not at all clear, and I could have made what I see as quite a different choice if I hadn't asked about it.

They are smaller but tasty. No flavores like raspberry anymore. It has paper and foil, not just paper and they say sweet dreams.

The older version was also sweet dreams, don't know if that is a brand or just a saying.

🌊🚢

The older version was also sweet dreams, don't know if that is a brand or just a saying.

We had the new chocolates (paper and foil) on the Century in February (12-23). I would say they are more of a chocolate confection than true chocolate. I have a few of them still sitting on my desk here, and just had one. I usually save them up and bring them home to my GD. She wasn't a fan of these, which is why there are still some on my desk in May (almost) from a February cruise.

🌊🚢

I am wrong about the older version. It had Celebrity X Cruises

Sorry for the mistake.

here is a cut and paste from X's website this a.m. According to this, I see that the staterooms have much fewer add on's. Am I reading incorrectly?

Stateroom:194 sq. ft. Veranda:54 sq. ft. All staterooms include:

Services

• Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1
  • Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
  • Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

• 24 hour complimentary room service

Amenities

• Robe
  • Complimentary tote bag
  • Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
  • Water/wine glasses
  • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% cotton linens
  • Hair dryer

Stateroom features

• Private mini-bar*
  • Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*
  • Private safe
  • Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

Note: Staterooms 1547, 1549, 1552 and 1554 have partially obstructed views.

*Additional charges apply.

All Suites Include

Services

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments
  • Daily delivery of bottled water and tea
  • Priority check-in
  • Express luggage delivery
  • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
  • Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

• Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Slippers
  • On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom features

• Hansgrohe® shower panel
  • Fog-free mirror

Not sure where you found this but the celebrity page describing the different perks hasn't changed.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_aqua_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

Please give us the UR of the page you found. Your page is very suspect since it says that suites are the only ones who have access to Blu which is both wrong and illogical since they are building a separate dining room for suites.

I just cut and pasted what came up. I believe it was a pop-up while I was looking at Mediterranean cruises for 2015. I'm thinking it will be next year's amenities. We have been looking at smaller ships and I was looking to compare.

I just cut and pasted what came up. I believe it was a pop-up while I was looking at Mediterranean cruises for 2015. I'm thinking it will be next year's amenities. We have been looking at smaller ships and I was looking to compare.

They won't be next year's amenities...it's just wrong. I believe if you replace the title "suite" with "aqua", the amenities will be correct...and the 194 sq ft staterooms are only on the solstice class ships.

How you know what will be next year's amenities?

Anyway, I am looking at other cruise lines, not other Celebrity ships. We are looking at Crystal and Regent so far. They seem more appropriate for the Mediterranean.

The most obvious reason is that celebrity is building a special restaurant on each ship for suite guests so it would be incomprehensible that they would also have Blu for the exclusive use of suite guests.

The pop up originally quoted contained a major typo....the perks listed for Suites were mislabeled....it should have said Aqua cabins. There are additional perks for suite passengers...so if you are considering celebrity vs crystal/regent then they really should look at the right perks for Celebrity suites.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_suite_class#&panel1-2&panel2-2&panel3-2&panel4-2&panel5-1&panel6-2&panel7-2

I think Crystal and Regent provide a different way to see the Mediterranean....I'm not sure what "appropriate" means in this context. If you like private tours, I'm not sure I'd book Regent which includes tours in the fare. Certainly both will provide excellent cruise experiences as would Seaborne and a few others. Celebrity will as well. Sometimes there is a benefit of being on a smaller ship which can dock closer to the city of interest...but that has no bearing on most european ports.

Edited by ghstudio

I can quickly see how this could become a new category on Jeopardy.

Contestant, “Alex, I’ll take Changes in AQ for 100.”

Alex, “It’s now 1/3 smaller.”

Contestant, “What are pillow chocolates? (ding). I’ll take Changes in AQ for 200.”

Alex, “It tastes like flavored water.”

Contestant, “What is tea? (ding). I’ll take Changes in AQ for 300.”

Alex, “You get three of these when all you really want is a banana.”

Contestant, “What are green apples? (ding). I’ll take Changes in AQ for 500.”

Alex, “It tastes like crap.”

Contestant, “What is the sparkling wine in AQ?” (ding)

Contestant, “What are pillow chocolates? (ding). I’ll take Changes in AQ for 200.”

Great post :) :) :)

Having been on most of them (except Regent, we which have never been able to financially justify), we like Crystal a lot, but we LOVED Seabourn and are doing another cruise with them in October. Only about 450 people per ship, wonderful service, anything available for dinner with 24 hr notice, premium (Johnny Walker Black, etc.) liquors included and lots of other benefits.

Each passenger needs to decide for themself how valuable these perks are to them.

We have cruised a number of times over the last 10 years, in mostly CC class, once in AQ... on this class of ship, all cabins are basically the same, minus the perks.

If you like BLU, AQ gives you access.

We decided after cruising on the Equiniox and Ecilpse, we simply booked a delux balcony 1B on the Silhouette. We save the extra fare money for our expenses, we can use as we wish to a speciality restrauant on or off the ship. This decision is after trying AQ and CC cabins... for us the sparkling wine is poor quality, the water, tea, fruit just did not add up to much value.

HAHAHAHA....you are so right. Hilarious.

Just recently off the Silhouette in an A2 cabin.

I have not read all of the postins here but I realize that there was no 'credit card holder' in my cabin.

The heavy tote bag has changed from the last cruise I was on but still a nice one to use. I typically use it as my carry on bag in flight when I go home.

I asked my cabin attendant to not bring any fresh fruit. I had the tea a few times but really can skip that too. The afternoon snacks were delicious (hummus, pita chips, olives, sometimes grilled shrimp, etc).

One thing I miss - and maybe they only do it for the suites - is the plush duvet bedding. My bed had the 'egg carton' mattress top, but no pillow top cover to sleep on.

I also miss the lemongrass products in the bathroom. I didn't care for the products they had - almost too strong of a smell for me.

I enjoy the aqua class perks of the Persian gardens. And I always bring the bottle of sparkling wine to dinner and exchange for a pinot grigio (for a small price difference).

Monica

I have heard rumblings that Celebrity is cutting back on the aqua class amenities. Specifically no bottle of wine/champagne in the room upon arrival, no daily fruit, and no flowers. I just went to Celebrity website and don't see these listed. I am not a complainer by nature at all, but I have talked the Aqua class cabin up to my wife and I don't want to disappoint her. This will be my first cruise with Celebrity and am alarmed. When I paid a premium for this cabin category these items were listed, plus Celebrity never notified me these items were no longer being furnished. I realize these are all small items, but it is the principal. They were advertised. How about If I bought a car to find out that the radio advertised in the car wasn't there? Again I don't usually complain or get upset.

DW and I are just off the Solstice from our 04/28/14 sailing and we had the bottle of sparkling wine, the daily fruit, flowers, and canapes. IMHO, the sum of all these perks is greater than the parts. This was my first Celebrity cruise and the best of all my previous cruises on other lines. If Celebrity wants to be just like other lines all they have to do is keep the slicing and dicing of all the little things that made them a great brand in the first place. I am sad that I may be late to the Celebrity party.

They won't be next year's amenities...it's just wrong. I believe if you replace the title "suite" with "aqua", the amenities will be correct...and the 194 sq ft staterooms are only on the solstice class ships.

195 on Millennium class!

But I agree, clearly a typo since it listed the AQ benefits.

If they got rid of Blu for AQ, who would book it? As it is, they're the only cabins left on my upcoming cruise (and I managed to upgrade from Verandah to Aqua for only $80pp earlier this week. I'd already decided not to book Concierge anymore because it wasn't worth spending extra for.

BTW I've been in Concierge Class twice and neither time did we have the pillow menu. I spoke to the Hotel Director and the chief housekeeper (whatever his title is) at the senior officer's party last time and told them we did not have it and both said I should go back and look because it was definitely there. Wrong.

I'll have to take the sparking wine out of the bucket this time so the label doesn't fall off. We're driving to the pier, so we can bring it home with us if we don't drink it on the ship.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 7 months later...