Aqua Class Cabins - Reduction in Amenities

Longhorn Tex

Seems no one has anything nice to say about the fruit ( apple/orange) in the AQ cabins. So, Celebrity perhaps decides to stop offering it and avoid food waste and staff time for delivery, and guess what, folks complain????? They are complaining that they are not getting something that they didn’t like in the first place. Celebrity simply can’t win.

m

Seems no one has anything nice to say about the fruit ( apple/orange) in the AQ cabins. So, Celebrity perhaps decides to stop offering it and avoid food waste and staff time for delivery, and guess what, folks complain????? They are complaining that they are not getting something that they didn’t like in the first place. Celebrity simply can’t win.

m

Sort of like the Michael's Club (which was my favorite) hardly ever busy, but you would think it was very popular based on the complaints.

It is my understanding that the way X lists amenities for AQ is intended to reflect that in Aqua class cabins you get all the amenities of CC class plus the amenities listed under AQ; Blu, Persian Garden, etc.

Last cruise had the flowers, fruit, sparkling wine.

Good grief. In mid March we had the water, fruit, tea, the sparkling wine we share at sail away(never have had a headache from it) and great breakfasts and dinners at Blu. Love the showers.

Were you in AQ on the Summit. If not, why the negativity?

From reading what others have experienced in the way of fruit and flowers and the comments that they made that they didn't miss them leads me to believe that the someone who has never sailed on Celebrity in CC or Aqua would be expecting more than what it really is based on what is advertised in on the website. Personally I don't need fruit, flowers or a bottle of Champagne so I wouldn't book CC or Aqua unless it was the same price as a Veranda which I notice that it often is on the itineraries that I have been looking at. I also realize that they bump up the price of the veranda so it forces you to book the higher categories that probably aren't selling. I notice that Princess does this as well and they advertise book a balcony for the price of an Ocean view.

Just in Aqua Class on Constellation in Jan and Feb 2014 and had almost all amenities: flowers, fruit, water, tea, sparkling wine, robe, pillow selection, were in cabin....but, did not get the new bath amenities. Definitely no lip balm of any sort. No canapes......just olives and chips. But, we asked for a cheese plate instead, and received that. Also, requested a foot stool when on Deck 9 (which had come with our Deck 11 cabin, but, not with our Deck 9 cabin).

m

Amen, sister. Folks on here complain about everything and then complain even more if they don't get something they have complained about. Go figure?

Everyday life must be so hard for some people.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Just in Aqua Class on Constellation in Jan and Feb 2014 and had almost all amenities: flowers, fruit, water, tea, sparkling wine, robe, pillow selection, were in cabin....but, did not get the new bath amenities. Definitely no lip balm of any sort. No canapes......just olives and chips. But, we asked for a cheese plate instead, and received that. Also, requested a foot stool when on Deck 9 (which had come with our Deck 11 cabin, but, not with our Deck 9 cabin).

Canapés is a term used incorrectly by Celebrity to describe the small bites (e.g. pita chips, hummus, olives etc.) that they provide to concierge and Aqua guests. I imagine it's a holdover from days when they served actual canapés. (maybe someone from the well cruised crowd can confirm/refute)

(not in any way a complaint - I like the small bites they provide)

Canapés is a term used incorrectly by Celebrity to describe the small bites (e.g. pita chips, hummus, olives etc.) that they provide to concierge and Aqua guests. I imagine it's a holdover from days when they served actual canapés. (maybe someone from the well cruised crowd can confirm/refute)

(not in any way a complaint - I like the small bites they provide)

Yes, when canapés first started they would bring a platter of various canapés and you could select what you want. That evolved into four small canapés on a plate left in your room....which evolved into the same 4 left only if you were in the room when they came ...which evolved to when would you like them delivered...which evolved into do you want canapés today. IMHO, each change was accompanied by a change to less interesting canapés and somewhere around the third change we stopped asking for them because they were pretty bad(I'm being kind).

On Connie on 3/31, we had fruit, sparkling wine and afternoon canapes. The fruit was on a plate and had three green apples the first day. I did not eat them that day. The next day they were replaced with a sad looking set of fruit, a pear, red apple and not sure of the other (maybe an orange), but none of htem looked good. I was kind of disappointed because I probably would have eaten one of the green apples had they left them. But it is not like I starved either. The afternoon canapes I thought were pretty good. The one on the first day was the best. It had this green garlicy spread, which may have been hummus, nuts, pita chips and olives. The other days were similar, just a different variation of the spread.

I did not notice anything special about the shower products. The conditioner was pretty good, I used that instead of my own conditioner that I brought. The other stuff was fine, but not any nicer than standard hotel stuff. THe stuff we had at Crowne Plaza before the cruise was better. The shower itself was pretty cool.

The flowers- we had them. They were something like a lilly or something. I actually thought that they may have been fake, until I touched them and discovered otherwise. They were shoved in the corner of the desk and just "there."

All of them were things that I enjoyed, but I would not book AQ just for them. BLU was a different story though. Its a reason to book AQ.

Thanks. We had a bottle on the Connie's March 8 cruise, and tomorrow we'll board the Eclipse, so I'll have first hand experience in 30 hours or so. 'Twill be interesting to see what's up. We've always traded it in for a still wine and the credit has ranged from $18 t0 $32 depending on the ship and the sommelier.

What is a still wine? I've heard the term but have no idea.

Thanks.

We were on Constellation Aqua Class last month (March 2014). Fresh flowers and a bottle of sparkling wine were waiting for us. A tray of fruit (3 pieces if I remember correctly) was replenished daily as was a carafe of tea. Two bottles of water on the desk were replaced as needed. We did not have Bulgari toiletries ... I thought that was a suite perk, but I guess we could have asked. I don't remember a pillow menu, but we liked the pillows on the bed.

The nits ... the tea is a waste of space and not very tasty. The sparkling wine was foul on its own but drinkable when we added orange juice. We had to ask to have ice delivered when our room was serviced. There were no limes until Cozumel, so if you wanted a Margarita or Mojito the first two days it was either made with lemon or a very sweet mix. On the sea day there didn't seem to be enough deck chairs, and the afternoon we visited the "Persian Garden" three of the fancy steam and shower rooms were not working.

The location of our cabin (1116) was excellent - we especially liked the quiet balcony and the glass shower door. A 30 second walk to the Sunset Bar, so easy to pop down for a drink or bottle of water. But, the real reason to book Aqua Class is for Blu Restaurant. Absolutely delicious with personal service. We had the beverage package that we upgraded to premium in order to have a wider selection of wine. Every evening a bottle of San Pellegrino was placed on our table and the sommelier had each of us a glass of decent sparkling wine (Domaine Chandon) before we had ordered. The sommelier made excellent wine suggestions and kept our glasses topped up as needed and we never even handed him our cards. The food was definitely a step up from the banquet fare of the main dining room so we never felt the need to book one of the specialty restaurants.

Unless something has changed in the past month, I would think Aqua Class amenities are still in tact. You will receive all the Concierge Class-listed amenities in addition to the Aqua Class-listed amenities. Definitely worth the splurge.

Our last cruise 3/2014 we were in Concierge Class. We never did get the Daily ice service in stainless steel ice bucket. The bucket was never in the room.

Our last Aqua Class cruise 9/2013 we never got the additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm.

We are back in Aqua Class next month. We will see what we get this time, or dont get.

Richard

Our last cruise 3/2014 we were in Concierge Class. We never did get the Daily ice service in stainless steel ice bucket. The bucket was never in the room.

Our last Aqua Class cruise 9/2013 we never got the additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm.

We are back in Aqua Class next month. We will see what we get this time, or dont get.

Richard

Just ask your steward for ice/water and he will bring it twice a day:) Also ask for your missing AQ amenities.

we find it best to go over what we like and don't with the attendant when we first meet or soon thereafter.... it really helps to communicate..both for them and us!

if you do not want canapes or herbal tea (AQ)..let them know--why waste it! if you want ice at a certain time they will do their best to bring it...

I think the only difference is you now must request ice, and the canapés everyone complained about have been replaced with something more interesting most days. Also the brands of amenities are now plain white containers and not as beautiful and not what I remembered in formula.

Like others have suggested, I go over each amenity important to me and make sure I know where it is the first day. Our carry bag was above the bed but I used to find it on the bed. Thank goodness the straps now are no longer the leatherish material that falls apart but sturdier nylon.

On the first day we met some funny guest who told us they were going to complain about the watered down wine in their room, but it was the tea.

As promised, I can report that the bottle of sparkling wine awaited us in our cabin on the Eclipse TA, as did all the previous amenities. Also, the crab bisque in Blu is not to be missed. Ship is crawling with Elites and higher. Murano left something to be desired, as my venison was severely overcooked. DW's lobster was excellent, as usual.

We love the fruit plate. The first day it does tend to be 3 apples we ask our steward for a selection plus a banana. We find it hard to find good fruit anywhere else. We usually have a cheese plate which is excellent for having a pre dinner nibble with a glass of something good on the balcony.

The tea is horrible but that's personal taste we have friends who love it.

Persian gardens ...we love

Blu.....again excellent well worth the extra paid.

The towels are larger in AQ, this becomes increasingly important as the cruise continues and we expand.

The thick bathrobes are too hot for the med and my husband always asks for a waffle type ....no idea where these come from.

The pillow menu is ....please bring a selection and we will choose.

The shower....Fab

The overhang in A1 ...Fab

We have never drunk the sparkling wine we always take it to Blu and exchange for a 'proper' champagne even though we have a package. We have to pay towards it but ....We like the good stuff and we are on holiday.

We have had a bag...sort of string/mesh, white in colour, we have never seen a spray, lip balm or slippers. We have been in AQ 3 times, this summer will be our 4th. We too, ask for the smelly sticks ...my husbands term...to be removed.

Yes AQ is worth the extra....to us.

Hope this helps.

I don't think anything has changed recently...we were on the infinity in February in aqua. The most recent changes were the switch to the three fruit tray from a fruit bowl...and the brand of chocolate on the pillows. Ice, water, etc haven't changed.

Did you also notice that the piece of chocolate is about 1/3 smaller? They use to be in a plastic foil type wrap that was hard to open, now they come in a paper wrapper that is much easier to open but is square rather that rectangular. It is now the same size that you get on Princess and Carnival.

Can't tell or dont know if the quality is better or the same, am not a chocolate expert.

Just my observations and don't mean much of anything.

Edited by miched

Did you also notice that the piece of chocolate is about 1/3 smaller? They use to be in a plastic foil type wrap that was hard to open, now they come in a paper wrapper that is much easier to open but is square rather that rectangular. It is now the same size that you get on Princess and Carnival.

Can't tell or dont know if the quality is better or the same, am not a chocolate expert.

Just my observations and don't mean much of anything.

When did you notice it in a paper wrapper? We had the regular chocolate every night in Feb!