Azamazing Evenings - What's The Consensus?

TxnAquarian

thanks for the answer. will need to be very clear about this to avoid unnecessary charges. always a risk to book things in advance, just never know how events can pan out, health, weather etc.

so if we do not book to attend no problem with being charged? only if we book to attend and do not turn up?

just found the clause in t and c,s... $100pp if not cancelled by 10pm night prior.

good to be informed. thanks again.

Azamara is not trying to take anyone's money by doing this. They're trying to discourage people from booking the evening "just in case" and then blowing it off the day of the event. People here have reported they have canceled on the day of the event when not feeling well and have not been charged.

Azamara is not trying to take anyone's money by doing this. They're trying to discourage people from booking the evening "just in case" and then blowing it off the day of the event. People here have reported they have canceled on the day of the event when not feeling well and have not been charged.

That is absolutely my take on it and I really agree with the policy. Much organisation goes into the evening and many of them have catering arrangements which would be blown out of the water (not to say embarrassing for Azamara) if people didn't show. I had no problem cancelling very late without charge when I wasn't well.

Phil

That is absolutely my take on it and I really agree with the policy. Much organisation goes into the evening and many of them have catering arrangements which would be blown out of the water (not to say embarrassing for Azamara) if people didn't show. I had no problem cancelling very late without charge when I wasn't well.

Phil

We too canceled late and there was not a problem. We were simply just too exhausted after a very long day touring the Tuscan countryside. We were in bed before they returned from the Azamazing evening.

I was really sorry to miss it though.

Edited by midwestchick

We loved our Azamazing evening in the port of Chania last month. It was a greek wedding, very well organized, and the fireworks over the ship at the end was an unexpected treat! Well done!

Our cruise next spring is going to Chania, but as of now they are listing our Azamazing evening as bring in Sorento. But they say this is still tentative. Haven't seen anything about the Sorento event.

I loved it. We were tendered to Giardini Naxos, then by bus to Castel San Marco (a nice old castle trasformed in a luxury hotel) where we had a fantastic buffet with sicilian food and watched an opera concert by the pool area. All eell organized. Thanks Azamara.

The AE in Hvar, Croatia on our Sept 2014 cruise was pretty special. Spectacular setting (outdoor, under the pines), and fabulous talent (famed Croatian cellist Ana Rucner).

We went to this evening when Quest docked in Hvar in July. It is exactly the sort of event Azamara should offer as an evening. Such a talented musician in a special setting, something you cannot buy even as a private excursion.

As the ship has used this setting/evening several times now they have the organisation down to a fine art

Edited by uktog

i want to the first Ana Rucner concert in 2013. it was great. Really helped you could walk there and back. On the way back waked around got a couple night shots of the church and then off got ice cream.. i found her CD in Split and play it a lot.

In general peopel love the ones in Europe over other places.. But not always true

Edited by ellbon

i want to the first Ana Rucner concert in 2013. it was great. Really helped you could walk there and back. On the way back waked around got a couple night shots of the church and then off got ice cream.. i found her CD in Split and play it a lot.

In general peopel love the ones in Europe over other places.. But not always true

We were there as well and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very dynamic performer.

Our cruise next spring is going to Chania, but as of now they are listing our Azamazing evening as bring in Sorento. But they say this is still tentative. Haven't seen anything about the Sorento event.

We were disappointed with the event in Sorrento. By the time we were tendered off the ship, almost last (deck 6), then bussed to the hotel, it was dark. The seats near the small entertainment area were gone and we could see very little. No-one explained what was happening where, the queue for the toilets was long and it was definitely not a re-creation of a singing competition, as billed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just came off Quest ( Croatia and Amalfi Coast).

Evening was in Taomirino. We did not attend.

This is a tender port, and friends told us it was difficult to board the tenders due to the swells in the bay. Then had to board buses to the hotel.

The food was fair at best I was told.

Most people we spoke to felt it was not a very good event.

Dick and Rita

I would certainly NOT book an Azamara cruise because it included an evening out that was created to be part of a cruise.

Beyond that, the cost per person per day of an Azamara cruise ($500 on average for a suite!) has priced the experience of cruising on Azamara outside our comfort zone & we are looking for alternatives. This comes at a point in time when we have done most of the cruise routes in the Mediterranean - our favorite place! - & we are thinking that spending more time in a single country meets our needs more at this point in time. We are thinking that we can have a great time on $1000 per day on a land tour & although we love cruising, we are looking for value.

Not a response to the direct question about Azamazing Evenings, but this is a reason why we'll be landlubbers for a bit.....it's just gotten too expensive on a relative basis, & things like an Azamazing Evening don't appeal to us & they are part of the increasing expense of cruising. Azamazing Evenings are not, dear children, FREE!

Just our perspective! We LOVE Azamara & hope to return to it, in time.

I would certainly NOT book an Azamara cruise because it included an evening out that was created to be part of a cruise.

Beyond that, the cost per person per day of an Azamara cruise ($500 on average for a suite!) has priced the experience of cruising on Azamara outside our comfort zone & we are looking for alternatives. This comes at a point in time when we have done most of the cruise routes in the Mediterranean - our favorite place! - & we are thinking that spending more time in a single country meets our needs more at this point in time. We are thinking that we can have a great time on $1000 per day on a land tour & although we love cruising, we are looking for value.

Not a response to the direct question about Azamazing Evenings, but this is a reason why we'll be landlubbers for a bit.....it's just gotten too expensive on a relative basis, & things like an Azamazing Evening don't appeal to us & they are part of the increasing expense of cruising. Azamazing Evenings are not, dear children, FREE!

Just our perspective! We LOVE Azamara & hope to return to it, in time.

Hello Shedridt, enjoy your landlubbing. Our Officers, Staff & Crew will be waiting for you when you're done wandering and ready to return to Azamara!

Bonnie

Just came off Quest ( Croatia and Amalfi Coast).

Evening was in Taomirino. We did not attend.

This is a tender port, and friends told us it was difficult to board the tenders due to the swells in the bay. Then had to board buses to the hotel.

The food was fair at best I was told.

Most people we spoke to felt it was not a very good event.

Dick and Rita

I also was on this cruise and did attend the evening event in Taormina. I found the event spectacular - opera under the stars at a beautiful former castle - but more amazing was the transfer of passengers from ship to tenders to buses at the pier. It was quick and seamless. I don't recall especially rough seas, but I was on one of the earlier tenders.

We were disappointed with the event in Sorrento. By the time we were tendered off the ship, almost last (deck 6), then bussed to the hotel, it was dark. The seats near the small entertainment area were gone and we could see very little. No-one explained what was happening where, the queue for the toilets was long and it was definitely not a re-creation of a singing competition, as billed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did not attend this one and I heard mixed reports. We were scheduled for the Three Tenors in Livorno but were honestly much too tired from being out all day touring the Tuscan countryside all day.

The more I think about it, I wish Azamara would make them optional and charge people the same as Land Discoveries, therefore decreasing the cost of their cruises. I think that would be more of a win, win for all. I've had different people tell me they won't cruise Azamara any longer, even though they love it, because it is too cost prohibitive.

We did not attend this one and I heard mixed reports. We were scheduled for the Three Tenors in Livorno but were honestly much too tired from being out all day touring the Tuscan countryside all day.

The more I think about it, I wish Azamara would make them optional and charge people the same as Land Discoveries, therefore decreasing the cost of their cruises. I think that would be more of a win, win for all. I've had different people tell me they won't cruise Azamara any longer, even though they love it, because it is too cost prohibitive.

Do you really think lowering the cruise fare by $100 will make any difference?

As with unbundling cable TV (which I've been hoping for), it probably wouldn't end up saving any money because Azamara would have to build in possible losses from low attendance in the basic cruise fare anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

We opted not to attend the AzAmazing Evening in Sorrento. We had a wonderful, long day in port on our own, followed by a wonderful evening on the ship.

From our conversations with many who did attend, the majority were envious of our decision.

i have done two i walked to, three thati bus too. one the program was to short due to the bus ride. One i skippped in iceland i was told it was only 30 minutes.. i went to a wonderful dinner in town.. i Know i enjoyed that more. why would i travel on a bus for 30 minutes for a 30 minute concert. .not my idea of fun. plus the are no longer serving real food but snacks or sweets.. i got lucky and did a sit down dinnner one and loved it./COLOR]

We opted not to attend the AzAmazing Evening in Sorrento. We had a wonderful, long day in port on our own, followed by a wonderful evening on the ship.

From our conversations with many who did attend, the majority were envious of our decision.

We did the same TravelBug and agree with your comments. The evening was apparently very cold. I am sure that played a factor in peoples enjoyment of the evening. We met a lovely couple on board that night!