Diamond Lounge Question - non-diamond cabin mate allowed in with me?

Call RC. I believe their policy is not to give someone a c&a account until after their first cruise. However after that first cruise your domestic partner would have your status. Instant Diamond.

However for your purposes on your partners first cruise I still say to ask in the ship, no harm in asking nicely.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

My domestic partner just cruised with me (I'm Diamond) on his first RCL cruise about 6 weeks ago. I called ahead of time and had his status linked w/ mine and therefore he cruised on his first RCL as Diamond. In his case he didn't have to cruise on RCI first in order to "legally" get his Diamond status. As I said, this was very recent.

On our son's first cruise with his partner they visited the LA at the beginning of the cruise. They snickered his partner's card, instant Diamond, and if the ship had had a Diamond Lounge he would have been welcome.

I really hope that was a mis-typed word.

My domestic partner just cruised with me (I'm Diamond) on his first RCL cruise about 6 weeks ago. I called ahead of time and had his status linked w/ mine and therefore he cruised on his first RCL as Diamond. In his case he didn't have to cruise on RCI first in order to "legally" get his Diamond status. As I said, this was very recent.

How did he get a crown and anchor number ahead of time? Did you call and ask them to create an account for him and link to yours?

How did he get a crown and anchor number ahead of time? Did you call and ask them to create an account for him and link to yours?

Rob, you realize he answered you already. :) Call C&A - Bob gave you the phone number in post 21.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

unless that person is your spouse or resides with you as a full time domestic partner( and you have linked your profiles) then no. only peopel who have earned the status may use the lounges.

Oh I know where your husband works...lol

I think it depends on the number of diamond members on board. Recently on the Enchantment my friend who had never cruised on Royal before came with me to the diamond lounge where I asked the conciarge is she could come in with me. Her response was Yes as long as she pays for her drinks which she did. We went in lounge each night and the final night the waiter did not charge her for her drinks. Of course we gave him a good tip

• 3 months later...
No. *** Ok, cc member, have it -- tell them all reasons that it is okay to break the rules as is typical of these postings.
Okay. I'll take the bait. According to Royal Caribbean, you may register your significant other BEFORE the cruise and he/she will be granted your same status for so long as you stay together.

Just check the rules, give RCCL a call and register your boyfriend.

I agree. That was a bad response. You either can or you can't. Domestic partner sould have no bearring whatsoever.

why not? it's as close to a 'real' marriage as some couples can get( and I INCLUDE hertero sexual couples in that.. my aunt and uncle were perfect examples)

Don't forget that you will have three free drinks, to be used during Diamond Lounge cocktail hours, loaded on your sea pass card. You would be able to join your companion in any location to have a cocktail, if that was your main reason for using the diamond lounge.

As others have indicated, if you reside at the same address you can get your status linked.

Yes I've heard of a number of people doing this

Good forethought on your part

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't forget that you will have three free drinks, to be used during Diamond Lounge cocktail hours, loaded on your sea pass card.[/QUOoTE] Thanks for mentioning this. I haven't sailed on RCCL since January and I wasn't aware of this new perk. I thought I read that they were doing this in lieu of drinks in the CL & DL but apparently these 3 drinks per night between 5:00pm and 8:30pm are above and beyond the open bars in the CL & DL. It's also interesting that some drinks are available with the SeaPass card that aren't available in the CL & DL.

• 3 months later...

I know this post is old.. but how did you do this?? I just tried to call to have my boyfriend (who I live with) get a C&A number in advance of his first RCCL cruise so he can have diamond status along with me on our upcoming cruise, and they told me in no uncertain terms that if he hasn't sailed yet, there was nothing he can do.

No. That person has not earned the benefit and is not entitled to it. For those who will suggest that you ask because it might be allowed on your particular cruise, PLEASE don't put the staff in that position. That is not fair to them. Follow the rules -- you have read them and know what they are. Only Diamond and above are permitted in the lounge.

Ok, cc member, have it -- tell them all reasons that it is okay to break the rules as is typical of these postings.

Well Fred, 'you are wrong'!:eek:

If you travel with a spouse, or significant other, they will get your benes. for that cruise if you link them to your card!

!

Was on Vision of the Seas in August 2014 and an officer was at the entrance to the DL. The man was diamond status and the woman with him was not. He said she was his wife. They looked at her card and there was a different last name on it. She said she did not want to change her name. They politely asked the couple for proof of marriage and they had none. Guess what, she was not allowed in the lounge. The couple were not happy.

I understand that due to the huge numbers of D and D+, your roommate (non spouse) does not get the lounge benefits any longer.

I have a friend who is not happy about this as she sails with another lady friend who is D and she used to piggy back on her bene's.

Will be on Oasis this Saturday. Will see how it works there.

I know this post is old.. but how did you do this?? I just tried to call to have my boyfriend (who I live with) get a C&A number in advance of his first RCCL cruise so he can have diamond status along with me on our upcoming cruise, and they told me in no uncertain terms that if he hasn't sailed yet, there was nothing he can do.

You have to have sailed once in order to get a C&A number. Not sure how that poster did it, but they won't assign a number to someone until they have sailed.

Edited by BND

You have to have sailed once in order to get a C&A number.

Yes, I know that. But the post i quoted stated that they were able to call in advance and get a C&A number for their significant other, and i was questioning how.

Regarding adding a SO or spouse, family member. You can do this online in the C&A member area. Not sure about the first cruise issue, but I enrolled my MIL and she was instant D+. We use our address and my email for all her medical, etc., plus same last name.

My DIL was enrolled as a SO and she just showed proof of the same address.

I have yet to figure out all the drama and angst about cabinmates. It's not that big a deal, except in the minds of a few posters here on CC. Just a polite question. I've done this 4 times: 1 was yes with another card made for access; 1 was the Diamond event where my friend paid for her own drinks until the bar attendant refused her card, 2 were yes unless it was crowded.

Just of Allure on Nov. 15. What they now do for Diamond and Up is that they load 3 drinks per day during 5 to8:30 that you can use in any bar on the ship except Dining Rooms and Windjammer. So you can have your drinks with your cabinmate outside of the Diamond Lounge and it doesn't cost you anything. We did both on this past cruise, sometimes in the Diamond Lounge, sometimes in a bar elsewhere on the ship.