Hal likes me now

cruz chic

So Hal likes me now. For years and years I never got any emails from Hal. I never got any special pricing. I always had a cruise booked with them. I decided I was going to wait to book until I got back from my last cruise before I booked anything. About 10 minutes after I got off the ship I got an email with special pricing. It's not overly special but so be it. Now I'm getting emails from them. For years I listened to people saying it was a problem with my email. I will be booking a cruise this week so the honeymoon will soon be over :).

So Hal likes me now. For years and years I never got any emails from Hal. I never got any special pricing. I always had a cruise booked with them. I decided I was going to wait to book until I got back from my last cruise before I booked anything. About 10 minutes after I got off the ship I got an email with special pricing. It's not overly special but so be it. Now I'm getting emails from them. For years I listened to people saying it was a problem with my email. I will be booking a cruise this week so the honeymoon will soon be over :).

I know what you mean. I got emails for my sister - a 2 star - with better price offers than I could get but never received any for myself - a 3 star. I haven't booked anything with HAL for a year now and they are sending me emails and flyers every week.

CJ

That is wonderful that HAL is sending you e-mails.

For a few years we used to have several FCC's in case we saw a cruise we liked. Now we don't have any. When we lost our cruise in February, we lost the FCC deposit, 10% cost of the cruise and of course the insurance money. Since it was a longer cruise, the deposit was higher.

After our most recent cruise, we didn't get anything from HAL -- as usual. Not even the e-mail surveys. We had to call about that. After 10 days, our recent cruise was also not added to our list -- had to call about that as well.

Guess HAL doesn't want us. Only have 1 more cruise booked.

For a few years we used to have several FCC's in case we saw a cruise we liked. Now we don't have any. When we lost our cruise in February, we lost the FCC deposit, 10% cost of the cruise and of course the insurance money. Since it was a longer cruise, the deposit was higher.

After our most recent cruise, we didn't get anything from HAL -- as usual. Not even the e-mail surveys. We had to call about that. After 10 days, our recent cruise was also not added to our list -- had to call about that as well.

Hal hasn't added my cruise on the Westy yet either. Maybe they want to forget it like I do.

We are also out of FCDs. We were going to wait until we got on our cruise next week to purchase four of them and book our cruises for 2015 when we got home.

But, when we saw the discounts we could get (14%) with our TA and the cabins we wanted, we booked both of them. The agency only requires $100 deposit on most of HALs cruises 7-14 days with a long promotion with the cruise line. We will then apply the FCD to our current booked cruises, it lowers the remaining balance and we get our OBC.

I'd like to forget my last cruise on the Noordam, too!! It was so bad I unsubscribed from the HAL e-mails. I'll take my business elsewhere.

That is too bad. We were on the Noordam 1/27/14-2/7/14 and experienced one of our best cruises. We booked two more shortly thereafter, including one more on the Noordam.

What made your cruise bad?

• 1 month later...

Two of us in the household.

I always book the cruises, make the reservations direct with HAL, I usually pay for both on my credit card.

I open the mail... guess who gets the catalogs in the mail from HAL? Of course... not me.

These guys are giving me a complex! :p

I recently cancelled a HAL booking (in favor of another HAL itinerary); within minutes I received an email from HAL offering an OBC on a future booking.

We have cancelled cruises on HAL for different itineraries. Never got offered any OBC for a future cruise.

Did you book through HAL?

I recently cancelled a HAL booking (in favor of another HAL itinerary); within minutes I received an email from HAL offering an OBC on a future booking.

I'm wondering if they shouldn't dial back the time it takes from when a user abandons an e-commerce task and when the system sends an automated response. Too fast and it borders on creepy. Of course if it's too slow there's a chance you are booking another line.

That is definitely the key.........

No cruises booked and HAL suddenly remembers your e-mail/snail address.

We always had a number of cruises booked at all times and almost never heard from HAL.

DH became ill and we had no cruises booked and started getting mail.

Two of us in the household.

I always book the cruises, make the reservations direct with HAL, I usually pay for both on my credit card.

I open the mail... guess who gets the catalogs in the mail from HAL? Of course... not me.

These guys are giving me a complex! :p

Same scenario in this household too!

Congrats!! I'm still waiting for that special email........... you are movin on up!! LOL:D

Do you remember if you had a window or 30 days or 60 days to book a cruise with the offer you received by email (OBC on a future booking). I need to cancel a cruise and will have to book a totally different cruise both with HAL...