Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

The link from May 2014 is outdated. The prices appear to be correct, and the premium list appears to be correct, but the classic list has been changed to reflect MUCH less of a selection.

See the list on the Celebrity website to get the CURRENT brands included in the Classic and Premium packages:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Remember that the classic (and premium) package inclusions are based on price....not based on a representative list. If hard cider is sold on board within the classic package limits, it's included.

Now the harder question is whether hard cider is a beer, an alcoholic drink or a wine :) I can't even guess at that.

Edited by ghstudio

Remember that the classic (and premium) package inclusions are based on price....not based on a representative list. If hard cider is sold on board within the classic package limits, it's included.

Now the harder question is whether hard cider is a beer, an alcoholic drink or a wine :) I can't even guess at that.

Me either. :)

On our first week we had Michael's Club access, Strongbow was the only available hard cider there. This is unlike years previous.

So it could be it is the best they have to offer in the Premium package too.

Heaven help them when the Scots see the limited range of Scotch now :o

(Its OK I hate Scotch)

Heaven help them when the Irish see Old Black Bush labelled as Scotch.

Three blatant mistakes. Firstly its correct name is "Black Bush"

Secondly its Irish not Scotch, almost as embarrassing as calling Canadian Club Bourbon.

Thirdly its being denied the privilege of being spelt correctly with an 'e'

I don't understand why this is an issue. Last year my husband and I were given the 123 go and were thrilled that we had finally found a cruise line that gave us a perk that we could enjoy...my husband only drinks diet soda no alcohol...but it saved us from buying him a 10 day soda package...so all was good.

A few months before we boarded, I read online about the upgrade and called Celebrity to upgrade just me to the premium package, as it was the bargain of the century to have whatever I wanted...whenever I wanted it...without getting a huge charge on my credit card!!! For the price of a martini I could have all the top shelf I desired...sparkling water...fancy coffee, my coveted martinis...and the molecular bar. It was an amazing deal...so much so that when we got back home after our last cruise the very next morning we booked another...and I paid the upgrade without a moments thought. My onboard charges were less than 30$, and my statement showed 118 bar charges...albeit it included a lot of sparkling water, diet sodas, and specialty coffee... but it also included my hourly Prosecco...shots of Patron...a couple of mudslides...a multitude of martinis, and several molecular creations.

My father always taught me that when someone gives me a gift...all I need to say is thank you. In my opinion Celebrity gave me a gift, for which I was very thankful. I board again in less than a month... thank you Celebrity for again giving me the opportunity to enjoy myself without the shocking statement I saw others onboard receive.

So, if you are among the few who actually paid for the classic package...then I would say you have the right to call up the cruise line and complain...if you got it for free...I believe that the words you are looking for are thank you.

I believe The list just posted is the same as posted by celebrity cruises many months ago. Not sure why we keep getting other reports...Sounds like each ship has their own version

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

Hi all,

We have an updated list as of this morning. Please disregard any lists that you see floating around on here, including Celebrity UK and Ireland websites, as well as any other lists that may exist. They will be corrected today.

Please find below our most up to date list of the Classic Beverage Package. This version includes the additions of Corona, Corona Light, Jack Daniel's, and Jack Daniel's Honey.

Can you guys post a new and updated classic and premuim drink list for 2015, working for a airline I know the included items change daily but it would be nice to know what isn't included. I have found from the past they rarely add items back in :D

I don't know....on the one hand I understand that people were going in with expectations of a more extensive package but ...you are not paying extra for it...and it does seem that there is enough of a variety on the list that I would guess few would upgrade to include that missing pina colada...I guess I just think that for a perk there is plenty of choices to get drunk on.

One has to wonder what the actual saving is to Celebrity by taking so many items off the list. Yes, a few were more expensive, but in many cases identically priced (locally) items were removed or had price increases. I believe the financial push is to get more to pay for the upgrades.

There was a different approach that I believe would have had actually a bigger positive effect on the bottom line (clearly the goal). Raise some of the prices, but allow classic drink package holders pay just the upgrade price to the drink they want. Many would pay an extra $1.50 for their brand of scotch, but not the full 9.50 plus tax. Many would go to the martini bar and pay $3 to upgrade but not pay $11 plus tax for the drink. Many would buy a better wine at dinner for just a few dollars more. The net of all those little upgrades would, IMHO, be more than $10 plus gratuities which is what celebrity charges for the upgrade. I think they missed a revenue opportunity and something that could be called an improvement in a benefit....and instead they created a situation where many are unhappy, the staff has to hide behind "hq made us do it", and lots of negative folks here on CC (and obviously elsewhere, just not so visible as we are).

Good post,

And speaking for myself ...I can't taste a difference if top shelf is used in a pina colada or any of the sweet drinks of that nature...a martini...yeah ok but the rest of that mess of alcohol and sugar.....forget it....

That's a great list. I'll be honest, I don't see what the big deal is. True this doesn't affect me as I paid for the premium drink upgrade for mad and way wife as we like the molecular and martini bars. However, if I was on the classic, I could quite happily drink many of the drinks on offer here.

I don't see it being any different as an all inclusive holiday in a hotel where you typically get house spirits (as shown here) included and psy extra for the traditional top shelf premium brands.

I feel this echos the sense of feeling outdone many people felt when the new captains club tiers were introduced to benefit only the elite and above. Alas I did not qualify for that level of exclusivity and myself and many like minded cruisers were made to feel we hasn't earned it.

Here is the same, we have got something advertised as "free" but we all know we're paying for it and it stings because the same people that felt special with their circa 25 points bonus points above everyone else now feel like the rest of us... Human and flawed.

Guys, you've obviously paid thousands of pounds to sail with celebrity because you want to enjoy yourself. I don't know what's come over the forums lately... But it's just all complaining... And the cruise hasn't even happened yet. Search for posts that say how great their cruise was and how little these perks actually mean when you're on the ion sea. After all what's important is that you are with the people you love... Knock back that Gordon's... I promise it will taste like Bombay sapphire or Plymouth gin after about the 3rd!

Shrug....this is what happens when a lesser line buy's a higher end line. they think to incorporate all the economies that squeeze out those extra nickles......Princess is the same under Carnival..

Soon, all the lines will be the same under each corporation...just slightly different ship looks and paint

Again, it isn't the individual changes that bother me but the totality of all these changes (drink prices, less staff and fewer activities, to name the obvious three) at once.

What's going on????

Shrug....this is what happens when a lesser line buy's a higher end line. they think to incorporate all the economies that squeeze out those extra nickles......Princess is the same under Carnival..

Soon, all the lines will be the same under each corporation...just slightly different ship looks and paint

Sorry,

I don't agree.

We sail both lines. Just off our 28th Princess cruise over the last 30 some years and , while there are some changes and cutbacks, the overall feel of the ships haven't changed.

Still, the same smiling wonderful service.

We're due to sail Celebrity again in 2 weeks on 2 different ships and I REALLY hope I can report back that we experienced the same.

(BTW- drink prices on Princess are significantly less than on Celebrity - even for the coffees!!!

And there were lots and lots of staff everywhere and so many activities that I had trouble deciding what to do - day and evening!)

Edited by chamima

These lists are for illustration purposes to give an idea of what is available. It may or may not be available at the bar you chose to drink at although they should go and find some if you ask.

The basic this is if a spirit is less than $9 (or $13 on a premium package) you get it for free. If not and you still want it you pay for it (or the excess if a premium package).

I don't know....on the one hand I understand that people were going in with expectations of a more extensive package but ...you are not paying extra for it.. .

Do you really think that you are "not paying extra"? Look at the pricing structure history; the same cruise is hundreds of dollars less expensive when the 123 promotion is not active. Celebrity gives nothing away for "free"!

Sorry,

I don't agree.

We sail both lines. Just off our 28th Princess cruise over the last 30 some years and , while there are some changes and cutbacks, the overall feel of the ships haven't changed.

Still, the same smiling wonderful service.

We're due to sail Celebrity again in 2 weeks on 2 different ships and I REALLY hope I can report back that we experienced the same.

(BTW- drink prices on Princess are significantly less than on Celebrity - even for the coffees!!!

And there were lots and lots of staff everywhere and so many activities that I had trouble deciding what to do - day and evening!)

One of the reasons we switched to Celebrity from Princess was the huge price difference. A mini suite with no drinks package was much dearer than an Aqua class room including drinks, Obc etc

We have always upgraded to premium before we even get on the ship and view the 123-go as a benefit that we didn't get before. After spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on our cruise vacation the $11.50 per day is such a miniscule amount. Then there is no more thought of what I can and cannot have.

In our early years of sailing as a family, we were always on a severe budget and I allowed myself one drink a day because I thought they were so high priced. It makes me appreciate the beverage package so much more.

We have always upgraded to premium before we even get on the ship and view the 123-go as a benefit that we didn't get before. After spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on our cruise vacation the $11.50 per day is such a miniscule amount. Then there is no more thought of what I can and cannot have.

In our early years of sailing as a family, we were always on a severe budget and I allowed myself one drink a day because I thought they were so high priced. It makes me appreciate the beverage package so much more.

And we've uograded once and thought it was a waste of money. Never had a problem getting a drink or acceptable glass of wine with the classic package.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Forums mobile app

Edited by jkgourmet

And we've uograded once and thought it was a waste of money. Never had a problem getting a drink or acceptable glass of wine with the classic package.

I tend to agree with the first poster (youwash) on this topic. I suspect many folks do, especially when the Classic package is now included when booking because it is used as a booking incentive.

Edited by vulcan1971

Do they still offer the upgrade to the premium package for $10/day?

Plus 15% service charge. Total $11.50 per day per person. On our Dec 2014 cruise, that would have been $368 for both of us (16 nights).

I was on the Eclispe last week - getting home on 10th may.

I had upgraded to premium package for the wines primarily - although I do enjoy other drinks.

I was most disappointed. The wines I had specifically upgraded for were now outside the premium package leaving with a choice of two that were included only in the premium package. The only wine I could drink was the Pinot

Grigiot at $9 - included in the Classic package.

Also the choice of wines ( red and white) in Cellar masters was poor and limited- nothing like previously.

I could obtain the better wines ( for me) in the dining room and cellar masters at extra cost ( just paying the difference ).

I took this up with the cellar master as requested by guest relations and he apologised saying the prices went up on 1st May.

I had little choice but to pay the difference for the reminder of my holiday - my choice I know.

My friend had the classic package and there no Martinis she could have and she was disgusted when having ordered one was told it was outside the package.it didn't help that the martini drinks list had no prices on them. There were also far fewer marines on offer than previously in the summer of 2013.

It seems a shame to reduce and restrict choice so much.

I knew that Celebrity was gay-friendly, but I didn't know that they used to make marines available.