RYNDAM & STATENDAM to P&O Australia

eroller

Oh, so sorry for the repeat. Captain Albert stated the names were "recently" announced, and I didn't recall seeing the names in a thread before but I must have missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Don't worry about it. It happens all the time. Here is the thread and it was on page 4 and that is probably why many may have missed it. MMDown Under report it post #134.

RYNDAM & STATENDAM to P&O Australia - Page 4 - Cruise Critic Message Board For

Edited by PathfinderEss

Oh, so sorry for the repeat. Captain Albert stated the names were "recently" announced, and I didn't recall seeing the names in a thread before but I must have missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

I didn't see it either but I don't read every post. I wonder why they didn't call the Statendam the stinkendam. Not quite the same ring to it:D.

Lizzie: No apologies needed! In fact, I appreciate your past as I didn't see the previous one announcing the new names. Something important like this cannot be posted too many times! :)

We loved the Ryndam when we cruised on her out of Tampa two years ago. I think I'll book her again for this last season in the Caribbean.....

Lizzie: No apologies needed! In fact, I appreciate your past as I didn't see the previous one announcing the new names. Something important like this cannot be posted too many times! :)

We loved the Ryndam when we cruised on her out of Tampa two years ago. I think I'll book her again for this last season in the Caribbean.....

I agree, Sheila.

Ryndam's 14 day cruise from Tampa is a great itinerary. We loved that cruise.

None of us know but some of us 'guess', the Pinnacle Class ship will be Statendam or Grand Statendam.

I really hope it's the Grand Statendam!!!

Do you remember that whole discussion, Sail? HA-HA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would anyone consider sailing on the ships under the P&O flag in a few years "for old time's sake"..?

My understanding is that it's pretty close to impossible for North Americans to book P&O Australia. I think the only way might be to find an Australian TA.

Does anyone know which ship is getting which name?

Roy

I really hope it's the Grand Statendam!!!

Do you remember that whole discussion, Sail? HA-HA!!

Yes, I do remember that discussion. :D :)

My understanding is that it's pretty close to impossible for North Americans to book P&O Australia. I think the only way might be to find an Australian TA.

Does anyone know which ship is getting which name?

Roy

Why is it so hard, Roy?

Edited by sail7seas

Would anyone consider sailing on the ships under the P&O flag in a few years "for old time's sake"..?

Not if we have to fly to Australia or New Zealand to pick it up! Not that I wouldn't love to visit both countries, but the flight is a killer. Of course, one could take a break in Tahiti, I suppose . . .

Kevin, my friend: Two Points: 1.) The Statendam will be doing the two week cruises out of Seattle next summer so we can all take that fine cruise for "old time's sake.

2. I see you have left Chicagoland for Naples. You will not find a "Russell's" in Naples but there is a good rib place in Ft. Myers.

I just read Captain Albert's blog for July 20th, and the names for the Statendam and Ryndam have been selected for when they go to P&O next year - Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria.

The end of an era.:(

Yes sad :(

My wife and were booked to sail the Med in Sept next yr, 17 day cruise on the Ryndam. But sadly trip was cancelled due to the ship going to P & O line.

We were given 3 alternatives, which were great.

Wondering if anyone else was booked to sail on the Ryndam in Sept 2015 for a 17 day cruise and what you may have decided do now??

Regards

Ron

We will miss these ships too as they're the perfect size...

I agree. I've sailed on three of the four S-Class ships. I'm not able to do a longer cruise right now, but am considering doing one of those short coastals on the Statendam just to have been on all four.

I imagine the Veendam and Maasdam won't be around much longer, either. Not enough capacity to be competitive these days :(.

Edited by Ryndam2002