RYNDAM & STATENDAM to P&O Australia

eroller

Not if we have to fly to Australia or New Zealand to pick it up! Not that I wouldn't love to visit both countries, but the flight is a killer. Of course, one could take a break in Tahiti, I suppose . . .

We use a great way back home to Melbourne by using Alaska Air from San Diego 9am to HNL 1pm & then overnight & use Jetstar (Qantas) 0845 into Melbourne at 5:30pm & cheap!

We use a great way back home to Melbourne by using Alaska Air from San Diego 9am to HNL 1pm & then overnight & use Jetstar (Qantas) 0845 into Melbourne at 5:30pm & cheap!

Good to know. Thank you! How long is the flight from HNL to Melbourne?

Yes sad :(

My wife and were booked to sail the Med in Sept next yr, 17 day cruise on the Ryndam. But sadly trip was cancelled due to the ship going to P & O line.

We were given 3 alternatives, which were great.

Wondering if anyone else was booked to sail on the Ryndam in Sept 2015 for a 17 day cruise and what you may have decided do now??

Regards

Ron

I thought that the Ryndam was not to leave the fleet until November, 2015, when it repositions back to the U.S.?

Kevin, my friend: Two Points: 1.) The Statendam will be doing the two week cruises out of Seattle next summer so we can all take that fine cruise for "old time's sake.

2. I see you have left Chicagoland for Naples. You will not find a "Russell's" in Naples but there is a good rib place in Ft. Myers.

Only so we could be closer to paradise and our HAL ships!

I'd love a recommendation for those ribs!

My best to you, Father!

It's kind of amusing - and perplexing - why a thread about the sale and a thread about the renaming had to be merged into one and yet there are umpteen smoking threads.:confused: Oh well.

It took me awhile to figure out that these two threads have been merged. I agree, why don't they merge some of those smoking threads too? Make no sense to me either but..........:confused:

On our most recent cruise (1.5 wks ago), we learned both ships will have their last voyage in Oct 2015 ending in Singapore.

And right into the co-located Sembawang Shipyard they go! Heard somewhere P&O Aussie is going with a new livery beginning with Pacific Aria (SADM) and Pacific Eden (RYDM)

I am wondering what will happen to the staffs of both ships once the ships are transferred to the P&O line??

The majority of them will be absorbed into the crews of the remaining thirteen ships which themselves will be losing crew assigned to the new-built.

Edited by Copper10-8

The majority of them will be absorbed into the crews of the remaining thirteen ships which themselves will be losing crew assigned to the new-built.

I would suppose some of them might go to the new-build.

On our most recent cruise (1.5 wks ago), we learned both ships will have their last voyage in Oct 2015 ending in Singapore.

The final sailing for the Ryndam under HAL is Oct 3rd 2015.

28day Far East Explorer. Sail from Venice to Singapore

JR42

Janet