Beach Towels:To bring or not to bring???

Cin&Rob

It's up to you. They have them in the rooms for your use, but if they get lost you will be charged for them. I can't remember the exact price. $20-something.

We always bring ours to avoid any charges. I also enjoy having my plush, huge towel and being able to recognize my lounger from the sea of blue when returning from the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do not bring. Use the ship's towels even on excursions. You can even check out more than one per person just be sure you check them back in so you aren't charged.

Much easier to use the ship's than to deal with your own dirty wet towel.

Btw - helpful hint - especially when leaving the pool area onboard:

We always go by & switch out our dirty towel for a clean towel when headed back to our cabin. That way we can put a clean one on the shelf for next time and not have to worry about what to do with a dirty towel.

I always bring my own. Onboard we use the ships towels but when we go to a beach I take our two plus one from the ship. I have 2 towels that are almost fluorescent colors and can be seen from the water. That way we don't have to search for our chairs. We lay them across the seat of the balcony chairs to dry them, and clip them to the leg of the chairs so they won't blow away. Haven't lost one yet.

For the beach, we always bring a few from home and allow the locals to recycle them. If you takes the Carnivals towels don't worry about being charged there are always extra around the pool thanks to the chair hogs!!!

Edited by Purvis1231
correction

Just wait for the 1st sea day and Carnival will have "complimentary" beach towels on most of the lounge chairs right by the pool. Help yourself and take several if you want. You might also find "complimentary" reading material and flip flops. Some times you have to look on different loungers to get a matching pair of flip flops.

:D

Wiz

Thank you all very much!!

I am using several of your suggestions!

Will bring 1 of our towels to easily spot our seats and use Carnival towels for the rest.

Absolutely no reason you have to lug beach towels from home with you unless you just want to! :D

LuLu

I totally agree with LuLu!:D

They give one towel for each person in your cabin and when you're done with it after your excursion or when you return from the pool/Jacuzzi...you just leave the dirty towel on your bathroom floor and the room steward will replace it with a clean one for the next day. If you need extra towels...you can check them out by the pool...but, you will have to return them there when you're done. We haven't lost a towel yet!;)

Edited by mousey

Carnival beach towels are wonderful except they get very heavy when wet. That being said, we take very very thin, inexpensive towels into port and they weigh very little so not an issue when flying either. Also, if they get lost or stolen you are not out much.

Just wait for the 1st sea day and Carnival will have "complimentary" beach towels on most of the lounge chairs right by the pool. Help yourself and take several if you want. You might also find "complimentary" reading material and flip flops. Some times you have to look on different loungers to get a matching pair of flip flops.

Wiz

LOL!!! That made me shoot coffee out of my nose!

Wiz

Haha it took me a second to register what was being said there and when I did I laughed so hard! Thanks for a good morning chuckle.

While it is nice to have a big, plush beach towel. We never bring one and use the ones provided. They take up too much space and weight in the luggage and the Carnival towels are more than adequate.

Take care,

Mike

Packing is hard enough without bring bulky towels. No way for us. Also, if you bring your own, how to you dry them after they get wet? Nothing dries in those rooms via hanging, so do you pay to use the drier? Far too much hassle. Carnival gives you fresh towels right when you come back from the port.

On our most recent cruise, we brought our own beach towels because we were spending some extra time in San Juan and staying a block away from the beach. We had the extra space in our luggage, so packing wasn't an issue. We ended up using our own and Carnival's towels because we only had one sea day and 5 ports (6 counting San Juan). We had a lot of beach excursions, so it was handy to have more than one towel per person in case one was still wet. Either way, I think you will be fine!

Thank you all very much!!

I am using several of your suggestions!

Will bring 1 of our towels to easily spot our seats and use Carnival towels for the rest.

I've been taking our own towels when we go into port so if for some reason they get lost, stolen or forgotten we're only out $14.00 instead of $44.00. I bought them at the end of the season for $7.00 apiece. It depends really on whether you're driving or flying and how much room you have.