Dinner Reservations ? (can't seem to get a straight answer)

corpkid

Do they open at midnight EST the day you are first able to reserve? We like to eat pretty early and find those spots are taken very quickly, so we want to get a jump on it next cruise...

I've had problems in the past with the website booking reservations - our 45 day out is on a Sunday - is Oceania customer service open on Sunday?

Thanks! :)

Do they open at midnight EST the day you are first able to reserve? We like to eat pretty early and find those spots are taken very quickly, so we want to get a jump on it next cruise...

I've had problems in the past with the website booking reservations - our 45 day out is on a Sunday - is Oceania customer service open on Sunday?

No they don't, it's 8AM EST

For our upcoming July cruise, I happened to be up at midnight on the day our dining reservations opened and had no trouble booking all 4 for early dining (for 4) quickly on a Friday/Saturday. On our previous cruise, I booked them early the next morning at our hotel on Thanksgiving weekend. Our machines are either with us or they are not. May the force be with you. Edited to add that I really did hit at 12 EST (or EDT I guess) on May 17th. The Thanksgiving reservations were made in the Central Time zone before 8 EST. But I believe that maybe sometimes that is not going to happen until 8 am EST.

Edited by tvmovielover

For our upcoming July cruise, I happened to be up at midnight on the day our dining reservations opened and had no trouble booking all 4 for early dining (for 4) quickly on a Friday/Saturday. On our previous cruise, I booked them early the next morning at our hotel on Thanksgiving weekend. Our machines are either with us or they are not. May the force be with you.

I too would try after midnight EST/EDT. I imagine these things are programmed into the computer by date and open "automatically" on that date (i.e. after midnight) rather than being activated manually by someone in the office that morning. Calling in person to book them is a different matter, obviously.

I could be wrong.

I was also able to reserve at midnight (EST)

Try this - don't know if it will work - but - change your IP address to UK (using a VPN) - make sure you clear you cache so it is not using old pages. Log in to OC.com. It's the same website but the servers default to the local location where your IP address is being seen. The UK based OC website should see you as local and your "already booked" profile will be there. You know you did it right if the 800 phone number at the top reads 0845 505 1920.

It may be possible to trick the system into letting you in after midnight London - 5 hours ahead of East Coast. Absolutely don't know if it will work but I do know I see my profile in both the UK website and USA. The pricing and phone numbers change but my profile reads the same. Did my reservations at after midnight East coast since I wasn't staying up until midnight in London - but this would be a good experiment.

Give it a try.

Most people will be paying in full earlier than their allotted time slot ...when you really think about it

I would think the system is probably set up to take the reservations by the cabin Categories

People in OS may not have the same issues as those in the lower cabins

BTW I have not had any problem getting early dining times booking the 1st day allowed for b cabins (45 days) either in the wee hours or later in the day

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

From what I was told on Regatta last week, Oceania hold a certain number of tables to be released for each of the booking periods as well as to be booked on the ship.

If you have a good butler it is rare that you cannot get a table while on board when and where you want it.

From what I was told on Regatta last week, Oceania hold a certain number of tables to be released for each of the booking periods as well as to be booked on the ship.

If you have a good butler it is rare that you cannot get a table while on board when and where you want it.

As told to me by a OC supervisor on phone - 60% of specialty restaurant reservations are available online. But even with that 60% and PH 75 day out "perk" and just a few hours after midnight - exactly what I wanted already wasn't available.

curious --what exactly did you want ? I know tables for 2 at 7:30 not a possibility --but seems like there should be many reasonable options.

Well, it was table for 2s @ 7:30 - settled for 8:00 but would have thought 75 days out few hours after midnight etc. they would be available - not. Wasn't a big deal - summer - day ports etc. Was surprised.

It's not all about the butlers. If you are in the OS vs in one of the many PHs, it does make a difference, IMO.

Well, it was table for 2s @ 7:30 - settled for 8:00 but would have thought 75 days out few hours after midnight etc. they would be available - not. Wasn't a big deal - summer - day ports etc. Was surprised.

Tables for 2 at 6:30 don't usually open up for a second sitting until 8:00. Folks rarely finish in under an hour at a specialty. Many do not open up until 8:30. For a table for 2 to be available at 7:30, it would have to be denied at 6:30.

DO not stress... I just got off a 34 day cruise Tahiti to NY.... and it was possible to get a speciality restaurants reservation before noon, every day of the cruise... if you shared.... no problem what so ever !!

There is no problem I found getting a reservation any night I wanted... none

Greetings: in pre-booking Specialty restaurants on Oceania as a solo diner, within the requisite timelines, if I book as a solo diner will I be seared with others if I request that? And do I make that request when I pre-book or when I show up at the arranged date/time? Thanks for advice.