Beware

kruisey

Grab the cabin available as it's well known wait list means nothing as people have booked cabins online while people are wait listed...it's a shame you "turned in" an agency without knowing any facts about them...you based your investigation of them on 0 facts because the fact is they probably have group space and you lost out by not booking with them

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just you? I know the cruise :) and I'm booked, and you can sleep in my balcony if they don't find you a cabin. :) With a cruise that far out, there will certainly be cancellations. But like you, I don't get the deal with the unsold cabins and the the on line TA.

Its funny that you should mention sleeping on balcony because I said to Princess they could put me in one of the tender boats with a blanket and I could shower in the Lotus spa,,,:D

One more thing. From the people I know who booked this cruise, me included, no one is cancelling. It is a very small ship with not that big capacity. Most of us booked the first day it was released.

I wouldn't want to be waitlisted on this one, chances are remote that there will be big cancellations.

Now maybe Kruisey is talking about another cruise, but I doubt it.

I had several bad experiences with TA years ago and since have always booked direct.

Guess I possibly have missed the boat this time.Got a birthday card from Princess on the day this cruise was opened but did not find out till a week ago.

I am 47 on the wait list by the way......:eek:

This cruise is very special and was essentially sold out within hours. Suites and mini-suites were gone almost immediately. Not a secret or hush-hush because there was quite a bit of publicity when it was announced and bookings opened.

There was such immediate demand that I'd be surprised that even the TAs who reserve blocks of cabins would have any left. I had my TA on alert two weeks before bookings opened and I know I'm not alone. Anyone who flashes a black card and says, "I'm Elite" will be flashed back by probably 90% of the passengers with their black cards.

While those on the roll call are enthusiastic now, I bet people will cancel for a variety of reasons between now and December 2015. If you're a low number on the wait list, chances are pretty good you'll have a cabin. Probably before the GTYs are assigned.

The moral of this is to have FCCs on hand and don't wait to book. He who hesitates will not get a cabin. FYI, our roll call is over 21% of the total passengers.

Can TA's get a good discount for you on suites? I have found their pricing for suites is the same as booking though Princess....

Yes - our TA gets us good discounts on full suites (10% more or less).

This cruise is very special and was essentially sold out within hours. Suites and mini-suites were gone almost immediately. Not a secret or hush-hush because there was quite a bit of publicity when it was announced and bookings opened.

There was such immediate demand that I'd be surprised that even the TAs who reserve blocks of cabins would have any left. I had my TA on alert two weeks before bookings opened and I know I'm not alone. Anyone who flashes a black card and says, "I'm Elite" will be flashed back by probably 90% of the passengers with their black cards.

While those on the roll call are enthusiastic now, I bet people will cancel for a variety of reasons between now and December 2015. If you're a low number on the wait list, chances are pretty good you'll have a cabin. Probably before the GTYs are assigned.

The moral of this is to have FCCs on hand and don't wait to book. He who hesitates will not get a cabin. FYI, our roll call is over 21% of the total passengers.

Exactly. I still managed to book a cabin directly with Princess on the 3 June 2014. And for about a week afterwards there was availablity on the Princess site for Oceanview cabins. I didn't have a FCC just paid a deposit. And I did this from Australia.

We are talking over a year here, so it's entirely possible there will be some cancellations. Who knows what the future holds? (Knock on wood.:D) I don't blame you for being suspicious of the TA offer since too good to be true usually is. This cruise sold out in a heartbeat, and I would question why there were a bunch of cabins available all of a sudden. Hang it there!

We are talking over a year here, so it's entirely possible there will be some cancellations. Who knows what the future holds? (Knock on wood.:D) I don't blame you for being suspicious of the TA offer since too good to be true usually is. This cruise sold out in a heartbeat, and I would question why there were a bunch of cabins available all of a sudden. Hang it there!

We shall see one never knows.Am only wait listed for inside because the outside would cost an outrageous price for a 14 day cruise for a solo.:eek:That is why I questioned that price offered on the web site,too good to be true $3300 Canadian for a solo outside cabin for a special cruise on a small ship.:eek:

Edited by kruisey

It's the December 3rd 2015 Pacific Princess 14 day Mexican Riviera cruise billed as Princess 50th anniversary cruise.

Mike:)

Mike, I'm booked on this cruise, did it in the middle of May, the moment I saw it I knew I'd want to be on it. I hope you get on it too!

did give Princess the web site address so they may have taken a look and contacted them

Princess would not divulge to their customers anything found out in a case like this. It's the same as if someone complained (rightly or wrongly) about a crew member...any action taken is not broadcast.

Edited by skf

We shall see one never knows.Am only wait listed for inside because the outside would cost an outrageous price for a 14 day cruise for a solo.:eek:That is why I questioned that price offered on the web site,too good to be true $3300 Canadian for a solo outside cabin for a special cruise on a small ship.:eek:

I don't think its that good to be true. We paid $5,600 for two for a mini suite. US dollars.

I paid directly with Princess solo oceanview cabin AUD $3517.40. Now my rate includes port fees and taxes. So it seems a legit price from the agency and maybe you should have been booking it, instead of dobbing in the poor agency to Princess.

Category: Category: OB (Oceanview)

Edited by icat2000

I don't think its that good to be true. We paid $5,600 for two for a mini suite. US dollars.

Princess has quoted me $3340 for an Inside Cabin WAIT LISTED that is why.

The on line agency quoted same price for an outside solo

Kruisey, are you are talking about the 50th Anniv cruise.

My friend, a travel agent, had group space. She still had a few outside cabins available when no one else had any. One of my friends was waitlisted. I had her call my friend, who was able to get her space.

So it definetely is a possibility that whoever you contacted also had space.

Princess is well aware that some agencies have group space.Don't know who you spoke with at Princess. So if someone says they still have space and you don't have to waitlist, maybe believe them. You will be able to see if it is legit.

once you are booked and go on your cruise personalizer.If it doesn't show up there, then time to cancel your deposit.

This comment should end this thread. I know and have access to TA's that do group spacing. :roll eyes:

Nothing new here.

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

That most likley will not be the price when/if you clear.

We have found on the waitlist when we cleared the the price will be closer to brochure rates.

It will probably be much higher.

I booked a Cat BB Balcony Guarantee today with an online TA for the two of us for $4700. $200 deposit required in 3 days. Already shows up in my personalyzer. I doubt my wife will go for it, because we have a TA booked in September, 2015. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

This comment should end this thread. I know and have access to TA's that do group spacing. :roll eyes:

Nothing new here.

Personally I think I will withdraw my Waitlist deposit

If I had not believed the information Princess gave me thinking I would like to help others I would not have started it in the first instance.

Enjoy the cruise everyone....:)