Tutti Salad

Tutti Salad sounds like something I hope to try; but I wonder if it will be offered on the Quantum seeing how it will not have a "MDR" because of dynamic dining.

One of the Dining Rooms to be open for lunch; just like currently if you want lunch in an MDR one level at one entry location is open. Not everyone goes, it is usually a short window of time, and lunch is usually limited to an area of one level. I don't see why DD would preclude lunch.

Although we generally love teh tutti salad, we have found that it can vary widely by ship. Usually very good variety of goodies, a couple of ships the choice was very slim. Only one type of greens on a recent ship.

One of the Dining Rooms to be open for lunch; just like currently if you want lunch in an MDR one level at one entry location is open. Not everyone goes, it is usually a short window of time, and lunch is usually limited to an area of one level. I don't see why DD would preclude lunch.

Yes, some of the dining venues have lunch; I hope at least one has the Tutti Salad.

The Tutti Salad is fantastic! They have a great selection of good, fresh ingredients, and (not so good) they use full-fat dressings, which most of us don't buy at home. I do love a good, crunchy salad, and this is excellent.

The choppy thing -- it's like a double pizza wheel -- is sold on Amazon. I've considered buying one. Check out OXO Good Grips Salad Bowl and Chopper.

As for allergies, you're right to be concerned, but I think it'd be fine to tell them you have allergies and ask them to use a fresh utensil. They have multiples.

The salad sounds fantastic. Haven't been on a Royal ship for a few years now and would love to try it out.

As far as dressings go, I think the current thinking is that full fat dressings are fine as long as you use them sparingly. Reduced fat dressings are full of sugar and chemicals.

I don't recall seeing this on any of my cruises. My DH does say I don't pay attention! But I will be looking for in this cruise. I'm going off topic but does anyone have an opinion on beverage packages? I'm leaning toward the one that is $20. per day for bottled water, fresh squeezed juice, special coffees, etc. On the last cruise I had quite a bill due to getting bottled water. On vacation I can't take a chance on water from anywhere but home, so I stick with bottled. Thinking this package might be a better deal in the long run.

I don't recall seeing this on any of my cruises. My DH does say I don't pay attention! But I will be looking for in this cruise. I'm going off topic but does anyone have an opinion on beverage packages? I'm leaning toward the one that is $20. per day for bottled water, fresh squeezed juice, special coffees, etc. On the last cruise I had quite a bill due to getting bottled water. On vacation I can't take a chance on water from anywhere but home, so I stick with bottled. Thinking this package might be a better deal in the long run.

You may want to begin a new thread with your drink question - sure you would get more answers.

Can't help you as I just drink the regular tap water on board (that's what's making your ice!). Have never felt the need for bottled water.

There are multiple threads on the various packages too if you do a search, which may be able to help answer your question.

It's definitely the variety of really nice ingredients that does it for me--the large shrimp, smoked salmon, prosciutto, bacon, among many others. You can even just get a bowl of shrimp with cocktail sauce, or have that on the side.

I like this but they have to get a new chopper for me since I'm allergic to seafood.

Tutti Salad sounds like something I hope to try; but I wonder if it will be offered on the Quantum seeing how it will not have a "MDR" because of dynamic dining.

The American Icon Grill will serve as the complimentary 'dining room' lunch experience on Quantum Class. They could potentially set up the popular 'Tutti Salad' station.

Café Two70 states they will offer salads 'made your way' to dine in or for take away, 'picnic style' Similar, but probably not the same.

The Solarium Bistro will serve healthy options at lunch time. No Tutti Salad, but a quality option at least for lunch.

They could easily add a permanent 'Tutti Salad' station to the Windjammer Marketplace, if they were so inclined. It will even have one 24 hour a day station.

There is no Park Café on Quantum Class, but when I was on Serenade over a year ago they had actually taken the concept to offer a daily version of 'Tutti Salad' in the Solarium. This was great as it was open on port days.

Otherwise, I find it kind of funny that people go all gaga over a salad. It's pretty good, but I don't find it all that special.

I've said that before and my safety vest took a lot of abuse. Better put yours on.

The American Icon Grill will serve as the complimentary 'dining room' lunch experience on Quantum Class. They could potentially set up the popular 'Tutti Salad' station.

Café Two70 states they will offer salads 'made your way' to dine in or for take away, 'picnic style' Similar, but probably not the same.

The Solarium Bistro will serve healthy options at lunch time. No Tutti Salad, but a quality option at least for lunch.

They could easily add a permanent 'Tutti Salad' station to the Windjammer Marketplace, if they were so inclined. It will even have one 24 hour a day station.

There is no Park Café on Quantum Class, but when I was on Serenade over a year ago they had actually taken the concept to offer a daily version of 'Tutti Salad' in the Solarium. This was great as it was open on port days.

Brad, I believe that on the Quantum, the Solarium Bistro is NOT complimentary at lunch.

:(

Otherwise, I find it kind of funny that people go all gaga over a salad. It's pretty good, but I don't find it all that special.

I've said that before and my safety vest took a lot of abuse. Better put yours on.

If you like salad, then the Tutti Salad Bar is going to strike you as particularly good for a salad offering.

If you don't like salad or don't really care, then clearly this isn't going to impress you.

Chacun à son gout.

;)

Brad, I believe that on the Quantum, the Solarium Bistro is NOT complimentary at lunch.

:(

I read that text, but when you put in 'Lunch' and 'Complimentary' in the Dynamic Dining website it comes up.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

But, after you mentioned it now, I checked and it comes up when you select 'Lunch' and 'For a Charge' as well.

I will have to assume that is a website glitch now and can not imagine they will have both options.

I read that text, but when you put in 'Lunch' and 'Complimentary' in the Dynamic Dining website it comes up.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

But, after you mentioned it now, I checked and it comes up when you select 'Lunch' and 'For a Charge' as well.

I will have to assume that is a website glitch now and can not imagine they will have both options.

Check out Brian's fabulous chart of Quantum's dining options:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8K45qWkduXcc190WU5GcGRQZE0/edit?pli=1

Edited by Merion_Mom

LOL. It is just a salad and I've actually had better. I find it extremely intriguing that people get so gaga over it and other food items on cruises. The pizza for example is horrible as far as pizza goes, but wow, you'd think it was fresh made dough and everything. I've seen the crew walking through the pool area carrying the premade frozen crusts.:rolleyes:

LOL. It is just a salad and I've actually had better. I find it extremely intriguing that people get so gaga over it and other food items on cruises. The pizza for example is horrible as far as pizza goes, but wow, you'd think it was fresh made dough and everything. I've seen the crew walking through the pool area carrying the premade frozen crusts.:rolleyes:

Actually, I agree with you regarding the Tutti salad and I am a big fan of salads.:D After reading all the hype on CC regarding it, I was really looking forward to trying it, but you're right, it was just a salad. :rolleyes:

The best salad I've ever had on a Royal ship was the Chop's Salad in Chops on Radiance last month. Also, I love the salad bar at Samba's, it was my favorite part of the meal.

Sherri:)

I like salad but I think it's one of those things that got over hyped at one point. Not lately, but for a period of time, people were going absolutely crazy over this salad. It's a good salad, but it's a salad. It didn't change my life.

I like salad but I think it's one of those things that got over hyped at one point. Not lately, but for a period of time, people were going absolutely crazy over this salad. It's a good salad, but it's a salad. It didn't change my life.

Kinda like the honey stung chicken.

Being served either on land they would not get a reaction but on the ship it signals that you are on a cruise.

It's a tradition.